Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[INCLUDE] AutoExecConfig: Read and append to auto configs

Post New Thread Reply   

Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2018 , 12:30   Re: [INCLUDE] AutoExecConfig: Read and append to auto configs
Reply With Quote #61

Probably, but i haven't heard about performance problems yet. I've scratched the itch i had and at this time i don't have plans to add any big new features. Sorting the file would require to rewrite the parser a bit. Right now it just tries to find lines that look like a cvar; it doesn't know about comments and to what cvar they belong. Sorting would require to keep comment and cvar together. Not sure what you mean with a global config, each plugin should have their own so a default makes little sense. You can use one file for several plugins, although i would not recommend it and never tested it. Many sourcemod plugins create their own config file, i'm not sure why that would lead to crashes.

Last edited by Impact123; 12-20-2018 at 12:39.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-09-2021 , 13:46   Re: [INCLUDE] AutoExecConfig: Read and append to auto configs
Reply With Quote #62

Nice include! Could you make a way to update cvar descriptions?

I do a lot of changes to my cvars, including to the descriptions and default values and they don't seem to update if the file is already created. I know it'll probably be a pain is the ass to do so though.

Thanks
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2021 , 13:53   Re: [INCLUDE] AutoExecConfig: Read and append to auto configs
Reply With Quote #63

Here's my previous answers to similar questions
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...75#post2069775
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...46#post2585946
I probably could do this, but I'm not planning to in the foreseeable future. I did work on a enum struct based prototype a while ago but lost the motivation and time continuing it

Last edited by Impact123; 04-09-2021 at 13:57.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-17-2021 , 16:02   Re: [INCLUDE] AutoExecConfig: Read and append to auto configs
Reply With Quote #64

For everyone looking to update cvars' descriptions: https://github.com/kidfearless/Auto-Exec-Config-Class

It took me so long to finally find it