3% 

[L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2009 , 14:22   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #21

thank you.

EDIT: i tryed it today, it happend during a Tank, the battle with the tank and the gas station esploding was epic.

The survivors get to split up too much on the finale events and don't last to the second Wave, but when i writte "sv_cheats 1; sb_unstick" the Survivors reach the rescue vehicle!

does sb_unstick means something on the finales? i think it should be tested.

Last edited by LTR.2; 08-29-2009 at 16:56.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 00:45   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #22

also, make them them stay together on finales, they go around the map separated and usually fail.
also give them some time to prepare on the finales, because sometimes they don't realize it's a med-kit stack right infront of them.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 05:20   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #23

The 'base stupidity' of Bots is fundamental and cannot be changed, im afraid. Complain to Valve on that one.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 14:50   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #24

actually i think there are Cvars for the bots not staying together, i am going to writte them here if i found them.

and about the Bots not finding the suplies on the finales. they do eventually, but the panic event slef-activate too fast and barely give them time, i am just asking for a few more seconds ;)

EDIT: found some, i think there is a few more, but i think with this one are enough, i dunno exsactly what kind of consecuences may affect the bots if you change this ones:
Quote:
] sb_separation_danger_max_range
] sb_separation_danger_min_range
] sb_enforce_proximity_range
] sb_separation_range
] sb_unstick
] sb_max_scavenge_separation
so far, sb_unstick 0 works kind of well. all of these commands works with sv_cheats set to 1.

Last edited by LTR.2; 08-30-2009 at 15:10.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 15:55   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #25

You only force the Game to teleport them around more often and make them run slower (because they have to keep closer).

Even teleporting the Bots onto Stuff to grab doesnt mean they WILL grab it. I had best results with spawning things in a doorframe they HAD to pass through. They usually take anything they run over on their path.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 16:29   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #26

i am not saying teleporthem, just give them a little more time to figure out where are the supplies, because they do eventually, it just need one bot to find them and the other ones will go where he is and grab the other supplies.
Dona_1942
Old 08-30-2009 , 21:01   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #27

I have a problem on DT4 versus map. The safe room door does not open. It says like in all other maps ''Safe room door BUSTED'' (or something like that) but it just won't open. What can be the problem?

And other thing, when i'm playing with bots on the survivor team and a hunter hits me they aware i'm in trouble and they try to hit the hunter off me but they fail for a good time. The strange thing is that they are over me, i mean, they can't be closer but still they can't get the hunter off me. They do the same when i'm a hunter. I stay on top for too long. I didn't remember this happening before installing the plugin. Is it ok if this happens?
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2009 , 21:03   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #28

try the AI pounced fix plugin, by the same author to solve the hunter problem.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2009 , 06:10   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #29

@Dora

"Safe Room Door Busted" is something the Infected Bots Plugin does.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2009 , 16:01   Re: [L4D] Survivor AI Trigger Fixes
Reply With Quote #30

someting really frustrating happend today, on a versus map, on the 4th chapter of Death Toll, the bots was out of their mind, they couldn't go foward with the chapter, i think they were trying to find a spot to spawn as an infected, i mean they were trying to use the infected ladders.

and also: they , when reach the boathouse, they stand infront of the house, doing nothing. just staying there.

PD: was after i downloaded l4dinfected bots 1.7.7.