Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds

Post New Thread Reply   

yzybb
Old 02-03-2023 , 05:49   Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #1

According to observations, in the versus mode, item location and quantity of the two rounds are not exactly the same, such as throwing objects and upgrade packages, which will cause a lot of unfairness. Is there a way to fix it? Do not delete them, just want to fix item the location and number of the two rounds.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2023 , 11:01   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #2

The item spawns are always the same. What map are you having trouble with?
Old 02-03-2023 , 11:06   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
The item spawns are always the same. What map are you having trouble with?
Official maps. versus mode, item spawns the different on both rounds, for example c2m2 molotov, c11m5 Lasers ...

In the same position, the first team has this item, and the second team has no this item here. Or opposite.

Someone once discussed this issue with me, and I didn't believe it at the time. It wasn't until I tested it myself and witnessed my own eyes that I determined that part of the items position of the two teams in the versus mode were actually different.

Last edited by yzybb; 02-03-2023 at 11:20.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2023 , 21:18   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #4

That's not true based on my testing. The way maps are made the entities should and for me at least do stay the same. I understand that this is a problem on custom maps where a lot of authors end up using logic_case entity rather than logic_versus_random which changes pathing/item spawns for teams. However this shouldn't be an issue on official maps.
Old 02-05-2023 , 06:58   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #5

Maybe you have some plugin changing the spawn set, as Spirit said, by default, in Official maps, should work the same for both teams.
Old 02-05-2023 , 11:04   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
That's not true based on my testing. The way maps are made the entities should and for me at least do stay the same. I understand that this is a problem on custom maps where a lot of authors end up using logic_case entity rather than logic_versus_random which changes pathing/item spawns for teams. However this shouldn't be an issue on official maps.
At least this problem is observed with laser sights, when in one round laser sights spawns in one place, and in another round in another place.
yzybb
Old 02-05-2023 , 11:26   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Maybe you have some plugin changing the spawn set, as Spirit said, by default, in Official maps, should work the same for both teams.
I used vscripts to change spawn set, but it should still not make the items of both parties inconsistent.

Code:
DirectorOptions <-
{
	weaponsToConvert =
	{
		weapon_autoshotgun	  = "weapon_pumpshotgun_spawn"
		weapon_shotgun_spas	 = "weapon_shotgun_chrome_spawn"
		weapon_rifle			= "weapon_smg_spawn"
		weapon_rifle_desert	 = "weapon_smg_spawn"
		weapon_rifle_sg552	  = "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
		weapon_rifle_ak47	   = "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
		weapon_hunting_rifle	= "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
		weapon_sniper_military  = "weapon_shotgun_chrome_spawn"
		weapon_sniper_awp	   = "weapon_pumpshotgun_spawn"
		//weapon_sniper_scout	 = "weapon_sniper_scout_spawn"
		weapon_first_aid_kit	= "weapon_pistol_spawn"
		weapon_molotov = "weapon_smg_spawn"
		//weapon_pipe_bomb = "weapon_pipe_bomb_spawn"
		//weapon_vomitjar = "weapon_vomitjar_spawn"
		weapon_grenade_launcher = "weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn"
		weapon_rifle_m60 = "weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn"
		weapon_chainsaw = "weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn"
		weapon_defibrillator = "weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn"
		weapon_adrenaline = "weapon_shotgun_chrome_spawn"
		//weapon_pain_pills = "weapon_pain_pills_spawn"
		weapon_upgradepack_incendiary = "weapon_sniper_scout_spawn"
		weapon_upgradepack_explosive = "weapon_smg_silenced_spawn"
		//upgrade_item = "weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn"
	}

function ConvertWeaponSpawn( classname )
	{
		if ( classname in weaponsToConvert )
		{
			return weaponsToConvert[classname];
		}
		return 0;
	}

DefaultItems =
	[
		"weapon_pain_pills",
		"weapon_pistol",
	]

function GetDefaultItem( idx )
	{
		if ( idx < DefaultItems.len() )
		{
			return DefaultItems[idx];
		}
		return 0;
	}
}
yzybb
Old 02-05-2023 , 11:28   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU7US View Post
At least this problem is observed with laser sights, when in one round laser sights spawns in one place, and in another round in another place.
Yes, this problem exists. Spirit_12's theory makes sense, but the reality is different from his theory, and the items on both sides are a bit different.

Last edited by yzybb; 02-05-2023 at 11:28.
yzybb
Old 02-05-2023 , 11:32   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #9

I have an idea to make such a plugins. At the beginning of the first round, record the number and location of all items. At the beginning of the second round, delete all items, restore all items to their position according to the record.
Maybe I don’t need to be as troublesome as I said. Smart people have a smarter way.

Last edited by yzybb; 02-05-2023 at 11:33.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-05-2023 , 16:43   Re: Versus mode, Keep item spawns the same on both rounds
Reply With Quote #10

I think there is a problem with your existing plugins/scripts. Can you try removing your vscript and test whether the problem persists?

I personally believe that creating a plugin to fix a problem created by another plugin is not a good approach. Once you can deduce that this is the natural behavior of the game then by all means a plugin can be created by your stated logic.