Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15

Post New Thread Reply   

Solarcaine
Old 12-11-2012 , 17:31   Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #1

I'm posting this here because I haven't really found anything relevant to this.

I need this for No More Room in Hell

My idea is to have a gun menu for clients which is brought up on your screen when you type !guns into chat. The plugin will be generally for any older or newer HL2 Source Mod and will possibly allow you to specify the "give" items in a config file, ex. weapon_ak47. There is already a script written open source for Insurgency found here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=112977

It appears that the script is written for teams, all I really need done is to remove the "if team" function and have it specified generally for everyone. Secondly the mod I'm using "No More Room in Hell" doesn't equip a weapon in a players inventory, instead it drops it upon giving(give) the item. They stripped triggers thats Touch(es) event on the player. From what I've been told around here either AcceptEntityInput, or EquipPlayerWeapon may work.

I'll paypal $15 to whomever successfully coded this first.
gringos
Old 03-27-2013 , 05:04   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #2

You can make one using the Admin menu advanced plugin.
I made a custom menu from that one, you have to change the weapon names, to the one in mrih.
This will allow players to select weapons using the sm menu. Is this what you want, people can select the weapons, and they will drop in front of them on the ground.
Except this method works with sm_admin menu instead of sm_guns

Greetings,

Gringos

Last edited by gringos; 03-27-2013 at 05:11.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2013 , 21:45   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #3

Did someone make this? And if so public?
gringos
Old 03-28-2013 , 11:34   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #4

I did make one just to learn a little scripting, but i copied bits from other plugins, because i don't know how to script yet. With advanced admin menu it is also possible to make a gun menu and use adminmenu_custom.txt to define the menu. I tried that first. Afterwards i took portions from the advanced commands (only the sm_give part) to implement it in a standalone plugin, combined with portions of the guns menu plugin. It is working, but i left out error handlers, as i'm not that aware with sourcemod scripting, also i chose to remove the chat messages. It is working for me, with a limited list of my favorite weapons, that al clients can call in a menu with !guns or sm_guns. As a side note when you equip a weapon that you we're given, you cannot get it again unless you drop it first, dunno if that is normal.

Let me know if you want to review the code, also all credit goes to the original creators of both scripts. I don't know how to get the menu items from a config menu, for me that isn't a problem, i re-edit the .sp file to enable more or change the guns list and then recompile. I have no idea if it's possible to equip the weapon without manually picking it up, but that is no problem, it just drops in front of you and pick it up with standard key 'e'

P.s. you can also use Advanced Commands, and portions of the other script, it uses sm_give @me 'weapon'

I used these:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=112977
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=889397

Last edited by gringos; 03-28-2013 at 11:50.
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 12:31   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #5

I made one for Solar; ran it on a few servers for awhile, and a lot of people loved/still love them. I didn't make them public, but I still might. They were one of the first plugins I ever made, and the coding is really shitty. If I were to release them I would almost have to remake it from scratch.
gringos
Old 03-28-2013 , 12:53   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #6

Did you manage to get the equip working in nmrih?
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 18:51   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #7

Yeah, everything worked perfectly. You click your weapon, and it puts it in your hand.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2013 , 23:58   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Brown001 View Post
I made one for Solar; ran it on a few servers for awhile, and a lot of people loved/still love them. I didn't make them public, but I still might. They were one of the first plugins I ever made, and the coding is really shitty. If I were to release them I would almost have to remake it from scratch.
Don't worry about the code..... Would love to add this to server...has I see pubbers keep typing !guns in chat.

Oh and just FYI for those that might not know...it looks like NRMiH is coming to steam greenlight which should help with player base. Pretty damn good mod for being free.

Last edited by MaloModo; 03-29-2013 at 00:59.
gringos
Old 03-31-2013 , 17:49   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Brown001 View Post
Yeah, everything worked perfectly. You click your weapon, and it puts it in your hand.
I'm looking forward to your version if you have time and want to publish it!
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-01-2013 , 11:01   Re: Please edit? NMRiH Gun Menu Script $15
Reply With Quote #10

Eh .... It was one of the first plugins I made, and on a structural level really fails. If I was going to publish it I would want to redo the entire thing, but I do not know if I have the time to do that.