Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceBans 2.0 Alpha (2013/09/04)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2013 , 14:34   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #131

Don't forget, this is a Public Preview, also meaning Pre-Alpha. That being the case, in its current state it is NOT recommended to be used for production servers. (You can try, but it is not advised for the time being).

This public preview is so you guys can play around with it, and find some bugs we may have not have seen just yet.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
snoopass
Old 08-24-2013 , 00:59   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #132

At first sorry for my bad english

And i have 2 problems with the actually repro from GitHub :

1. I canīt add a server, it says "saved succesfully", but it donīt add the server to Mysql.

2.-The icons for edit and delete Admins are a little bit to small

The installation which i have made with an earlier repro from GitHub donīt have these problems.

Greetz

snoopass

Last edited by snoopass; 08-24-2013 at 01:17.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 08-26-2013 , 11:10   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #133

Fixed in the GitHub repo, along with a bunch of other bugs that I introduced recently. I'll upload a new zip later.
XuluniX
Old 08-27-2013 , 14:08   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #134

I am running it on my servers...
All goes fine but linking Groups to a Server doesn't work, it won't be saved in the DB.
After adding the Link myself in the DB all works fine.

bans.xulunix.de
pyroprotectme
Old 08-28-2013 , 14:11   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #135

SB 2.0 Beta looks very promising and thank you DJ Tsunami for the hard work and anyone else involved. I just read the entire thread and Rytis seems to be a great help here on the forums, thumbs-up to you.

I have a TF2 Community ( PyroProtectMe aka [PPM] ), running 8 TF2 Servers, 7 are trade and one is a 24/7 payload. Naturally we can't run them without SB 1.5. so to see the 2.0 in development is truly a breath of fresh air. I may run it on the payload server to test it and hopefully contribute to bugs and fixes.

TBH I had no idea a 2.0 beta was out. I stumbled across this as the 8/27/2013 TF2 update seemingly has broke 1.4.10 as I woke up and my SB server database is not communicating with my game servers. My admin have Admin tags and the ban powers, but it seems it is not logging in SB itself. The bans remain local to that server and nothing showing on the SB database side. I have been running SB for almost a year with little issues. My guess it's a SouceMod issue. Any ideas?

On another note I read that eXplode82 offered some design services, how is that working out?
I developed my TF2 Community Site http://ppm.tf (HTML and CSS), my PPM Steam Bots (MySQL/PHP) were developed by a good friend. Not sure if we can help in any way. I will say I prefer a way for each user to just style it themselves. If they have no CSS knowledge then they get the vanilla package. If you're using bootstrap that should be plenty nice for anyone. Just my $.02

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you,

pyro

Last edited by pyroprotectme; 08-28-2013 at 15:12.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 01:59   SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroprotectme View Post
SB 2.0 Beta looks very promising and thank you DJ Tsunami for the hard work and anyone else involved. I just read the entire thread and Rytis seems to be a great help here on the forums, thumbs-up to you.

I have a TF2 Community ( PyroProtectMe aka [PPM] ), running 8 TF2 Servers, 7 are trade and one is a 24/7 payload. Naturally we can't run them without SB 1.5. so to see the 2.0 in development is truly a breath of fresh air. I may run it on the payload server to test it and hopefully contribute to bugs and fixes.

TBH I had no idea a 2.0 beta was out. I stumbled across this as the 8/27/2013 TF2 update seemingly has broke 1.4.10 as I woke up and my SB server database is not communicating with my game servers. My admin have Admin tags and the ban powers, but it seems it is not logging in SB itself. The bans remain local to that server and nothing showing on the SB database side. I have been running SB for almost a year with little issues. My guess it's a SouceMod issue. Any ideas?

On another note I read that eXplode82 offered some design services, how is that working out?
I developed my TF2 Community Site http://ppm.tf (HTML and CSS), my PPM Steam Bots (MySQL/PHP) were developed by a good friend. Not sure if we can help in any way. I will say I prefer a way for each user to just style it themselves. If they have no CSS knowledge then they get the vanilla package. If you're using bootstrap that should be plenty nice for anyone. Just my $.02

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you,

pyro
Branches and pulls are always welcome, the sourcebans 2 package is based on the Yii framework which uses an mvc model, making themes very easy to work with. And on your communication issues try a repository version of sourcemod itself.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 08-29-2013 at 03:52.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 08-29-2013 , 05:50   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #137

Well pyroprotectme, technically this is not a beta, but a pre-alpha. We decided to only advertise it in a few places, so we could get a couple of testers and not get flooded with bug reports So far the response has been great.

I PMed eXplode82 but have not yet received a reply. Currently there's one other person who started working on a theme recently, but of course if we can launch with a couple of different themes that would be great. PPM.tf looks pretty good, so you're welcome to give it a go. I'm not a designer, so it doesn't have to look anything like it does now. I may also add support for the Twig templating engine, and skins, so you can use the same HTML in your theme and users can simply change colors by picking a different CSS file.

---

And yes people, please make a pull request after you've forked SourceBans and created a patch. Currently we have a couple of open patches:

Luckily these are small patches and I can merge them manually, but I had to check myself if there were any unmerged forks, instead of just receiving an email and clicking a button to merge
snoopass
Old 09-01-2013 , 03:15   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #138

I miss a option by edit a bann :

Add Comment

By ad a bann.

Upload a Demo

And a funtion by add a bann :

Upload Demo

But maybe it's already in progress.

Last edited by snoopass; 09-02-2013 at 00:40.
Erik V
Old 09-01-2013 , 16:29   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #139

This is a feature request:

Allow adding an admin for a limited time. Like we do with a ban;
something like the following

sb_addadmin <name> <group> <time>

sample: sb_addadmin dude root 10080

dude gets full admin for 1 week

Where after "time" has elapsed the admin will have the flags set to none, so they are still in the admin list and can be reactivated w/o having to re-add them. It would also be nice if their group was automatically changed to "deactivated admins group" or something similar as well.

Last edited by Erik V; 09-01-2013 at 16:46.
XuluniX
Old 09-02-2013 , 05:25   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #140

I hope they won't add it because all the "pay to get admin" servers are mostlyabove average unplayable for players because the the paymins ban you for "cheating".
If you want to host such a server, deal with SB like it is, implet the feature and make a pull request on github or write your own plugin for sourcemod

Last edited by XuluniX; 09-02-2013 at 06:05.