Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 19:46   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

time to get some life into this again:
i'd like to have v1.1 out before christmas, so i will release the v1.1 release candidate (v1.1RC1) within the next 48 hours. all items on the roadmap for that version are finished by now. features that were seen in 1.0.4 beta already should now be working correctly (they weren't in 1.0.4).
as we already had some internal testing i expect a good quality of this first release candidate. chances are good, that this can be turned directly into the stable v1.1 short after the release.

Last edited by xOR; 12-11-2009 at 19:55.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2009 , 21:55   xREDIRECT v1.1RC1 released

as i promised before i just released xREDIRECT v1.1RC1.
thanks already for testing. for any issues or questions you got regarding this version please report to this thread.
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2009 , 10:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

cmon, 287 downloads already but still no feedback. i really need to hear something about it, even when it's a simple "works for me".
in this thread please.
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2009 , 00:53   xREDIRECT v1.1 and v2.0

just wanted to tell you i haven't been sleeping over the last days, i am busy with working on xREDIRECT v2.0 while v1.1 is about to be released at the beginning of the next year.
also let me remind you that you can always check the roadmap to see exactly what will be in v2.0 and what is already finished.

in case you wonder: v2.0 is what was formerly listed as v1.2, before i realized there are so many major features new in it (SQL support, server categories and statistics with file and vault support) that i should increase the major version number. also it will increase the minimum required AMXX version to v1.80. as that was released more than 2 years ago i don't think it should be a problem.

if you have questions or anything else to say about the upcoming releases feel free to open a thread about it.

Last edited by xOR; 12-31-2009 at 00:55.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2009 , 20:56   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

while waiting for xREDIRECT releases you can check out my new plugin here
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2010 , 19:35   xREDIRECT - v2.0

well, when the roadmap lists the category feature (and others) as finished, that would mean they are finished, right? right!

thanks to the constant effort of bmann_420 who is helping me whereever he can you can go and test it on SuperCentral servers just now! simply connect to this wonderful server (CS 1.6) and see the category feature in action:
75.102.27.38:27015 (Steam) (HLSW) (game-monitor.com)
Old 02-24-2010, 18:15
xOR
This message has been deleted by xOR. Reason: outdated
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2010 , 22:27   xREDIRECT - graphical configuration

For easy graphical CVAR configuration you can from now on just open this file:
xREDIRECT.xconf
(you need to have xVarConfig installed for this to work)

You would like to have this for other plug-ins too? No problem, such .xconf files can be created for any plug-in using the tool xVarConfigAuthor. Of course someone first has to do it - if not the author itself, maybe YOU? Just as for plug-in translations everyone in the community could create such a file and then ask the author to upload it somewhere and put a link to the file in his plug-in thread.

Imagine the majority of plug-ins would come with such a .xconf file in the future. You could just click the link in your browser and open the file, then start configuring in a graphical interface right away, without the need to first find the CVAR documentation, which might look different for every plug-in...

Last edited by xOR; 03-30-2010 at 18:01.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2010 , 07:41   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

people frequently asked for version 2.0 for the only purpose of having the socket problem fixed. as it seems i will not get 2.0 finished anytime soon i decided to include that fix in the current stable and beta version. so now i have released version 1.0.3.3 stable and beta version 1.1.RC2 which include these fixes. people with socket errors will definitely want to update, for others it's optional.
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2011 , 23:53   xREDIRECT - v2.0 RC1 released

i have just released the first release candidate of v2.0. after v1.0 this is one of the biggest releases, introducing 983 new lines of code increasing the source file from 112,673 bytes to 156,780 bytes.
the main changes being
  • Category feature (server menu can be grouped by categories you define)
  • SQL support (for server list and statistics)
  • Statistics about redirections can now be written to a file and vault or to an SQL table
  • Advertisement of the /server command (so players know that it's there)
  • Many other fixes and additions
or check the complete changelog.

Release Candidate means that this is in beta state, so don't use it if you need a perfectly stable environment.

currently documentation on the new features is a bit sparse, i will try to change that within the next days and weeks. but i am always here to answer your questions

Activating SQL and/or statistics:

by default these new features are disabled. to enable SQL, statistics or both you have to find these lines in the source code:
Code:
//#define SQL //#define STATISTICS
if you want to activate a feature remove the // from the beginning of the line and recompile. xREDIRECT will have the following behavior depending on the combination of these options:

SQL ON and STATISTICS OFF:
the server list will be loaded from the database. no statistics are being written anywhere.

SQL ON and STATISTICS ON:
the server list will be loaded from the database. statistics are written to an SQL table.

SQL OFF and STATISTICS ON:
the server list will be loaded from the serverlist.ini file. statistics are written to both a vault and the file xredirect-actions.csv in AMXX logs folder. the vault will hold summary data (like the number of manual redirects, automatic redirects etc.). the data in the vault can be queried by using the new redirect_stats command. the CSV file will hold all actions done by xREDIRECT with detailed data (timestamp, name of player redirected, user ID, IP address...).

SQL OFF and STATISTICS OFF:
the server list will be loaded from the serverlist.ini file. no statistics are being written anywhere.

SQL prerequisites

You need to configure AMXX (in /config/sql.cfg) with your SQL credentials and run the script in xredirect.sql.txt on the DB you want to use with AMXX. it will create the tables that will be used by xREDIRECT. currently there is no template or web script to help you managing these tables, so it is recommended to use a generic tool like PHPMyAdmin to fill the tables.
i would be very glad if you want to write a frontend to manage these tables (and also show statistics from the statistics table) for the community. please post it here so we can offer it along with xREDIRECT!

SQL: the "attributes" concept

when it was a file each server could have its own serverlist.ini configuration. maybe server 1 had the option nomanual=1 set for server 3, while server 2 has the option nomanual=0 set for server 3.
when the server list is in an SQL table this basically isn't possible there, because all servers access the same table.

to still make such specific configurations possible the xredirect_attributes table was introduced. there you can specify any option along with the server it is valid for and the server it is directed at. for the above example you would insert these two entries:
Code:
INSERT INTO xredirect_attributes VALUES (1, 3, 'nomanual', '1');
INSERT INTO xredirect_attributes VALUES (2, 3, 'nomanual', '0');

Last edited by xOR; 01-28-2011 at 00:06.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2011 , 06:15   xREDIRECT - v2.0 RC2 released

i just released xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2.

the changes are as follows:
- fixed a bug where statistics for auto-redirects were not written to the SQL database
- changed statistics to write target AND source server (before: only target server) to SQL database or statistics file
- increased error tolerance when mod or protocol for any server weren't detected correctly
- fixed error message that occured when using SQL with more servers in the database table than MAX_SERVERFORWARDS indicated

warning: if you have used v2.0 RC1 with SQL before, you have to run this SQL command on your database, before using any newer versions:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xredirect_statistics` ADD `target_server_id` INT( 11 ) NULL ;