Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)

Post New Thread Reply   

Celena Luna
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2019 , 15:05   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #231

I just want to drop my Lite version of the plugins with optimized code and simplier cvar
No model needed.

Cvar List
Code:
para_enable 1		//Turn on/off parachute [0 - off | 1 - on ](default: 1)
para_team 3		//Allow which team to use [0 - non | 1 - T only | 2 - CT only | 3 - Both] (Default: 3)
para_speed 100		//Fall Speed. Lower to slower the speed. [Default: 100]
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_parachute_lite.sma - 642 views - 1.5 KB)
Old 02-03-2019 , 06:11   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena Luna View Post
I just want to drop my Lite version of the plugins with optimized code and simplier cvar
No model needed.

Cvar List
Code:
para_team 3		//Allow which team to use [0 - non | 1 - T only | 2 - CT only | 3 - Both] (Default: 3)
Yeah. This parachute's script will be the great addition in my enhanced CS 1.6 for private servers.
Thanks, Luna.
VINAGHOST
Old 02-09-2019 , 07:55   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena Luna View Post
No model needed.

Cvar List
Code:
Thanks ._.
damnyourefine
Old 04-16-2019 , 17:20   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #234

Hi,

Your plugin works great on our server, but I need some help.

What version of AMXX did you compile the currently posted amx_parachute.amxx?

We edited the .sma file to use a new parachute model, but when we compile it with the latest AMXX, there is a compilation error.

I tried also using AMXX 1.7.1 which you had listed in your ORIGINAL post, and while the compiler says it is successfully, only admins can use their parachute.. like the plugin didn't fully compile all of the code.

Do you know what could be going wrong here? It really feels like I just need to be using the correct compiler version, or perhaps updated source code?

Notes:
I noticed the posted .amxx plugin is 18,623 KB, but when I compile it with 1.8.3 or higher it's about 6KB or if I compile it with 1.7.X it's about 12KB. So, that seems suspect..

Last edited by damnyourefine; 04-16-2019 at 17:23.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2019 , 22:47   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
What version of AMXX did you compile the currently posted amx_parachute.amxx?
When you click on "Get Plugin" it actually compiles the plugin right then from the source code. The compiler used is likely the latest stable version of AMX Mod X which is 1.8.2.

Quote:
We edited the .sma file to use a new parachute model, but when we compile it with the latest AMXX, there is a compilation error.
What is the error? Can you post your version of the code?

Quote:
I tried also using AMXX 1.7.1 which you had listed in your ORIGINAL post, and while the compiler says it is successfully, only admins can use their parachute.. like the plugin didn't fully compile all of the code.

Do you know what could be going wrong here? It really feels like I just need to be using the correct compiler version, or perhaps updated source code?
If any player is able to use the parachute then there was no issue with the compilation. So, if only admins are able to use it then it's probably just a configuration that needs changed.

Quote:
Notes:
I noticed the posted .amxx plugin is 18,623 KB, but when I compile it with 1.8.3 or higher it's about 6KB or if I compile it with 1.7.X it's about 12KB. So, that seems suspect..
The size of the file being different doesn't make it suspect [of functionality issues]. The compiled plugin provided by the 1.8.2 and earlier compilers actually contain the binary code twice whereas in 1.8.3, they remove that unnecessary duplication.
Old 04-17-2019 , 00:09   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
When you click on "Get Plugin" it actually compiles the plugin right then from the source code. The compiler used is likely the latest stable version of AMX Mod X which is 1.8.2.
Oh, interesting! I will try downloading that version and see how the compilation performs.

Quote:
What is the error? Can you post your version of the code?
Yes, it's the same one from Page 23 that someone else had:
// C:\amxmodx\scripting\amx_par achute.sma (28 : warning 225: unreachable code

Quote:
If any player is able to use the parachute then there was no issue with the compilation. So, if only admins are able to use it then it's probably just a configuration that needs changed.
Well, using the Get Plugin (precompiled) has worked fine for us. Only when I modify the plugin to use another .mdl file does the abnormal behavior occur. I have all of the cvars defined in our server.cfg. The original plugin works fine (everyone gets one for free), but when I use the modified plugin no one has access to the plugin (unless admin).

Quote:
The size of the file being different doesn't make it suspect [of functionality issues]. The compiled plugin provided by the 1.8.2 and earlier compilers actually contain the binary code twice whereas in 1.8.3, they remove that unnecessary duplication.
Oh, OK. Thanks for this info too.

I will try it tomorrow and report back. Thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited by damnyourefine; 04-17-2019 at 00:09.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2019 , 22:07   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #237

If the original plugin works by clicking on "Get Plugin" then I recommend that you verify that your compilation method is working properly by compiling the original source code (no modifications). To be safe, you should use the compiler that matches the version of AMX Mod X that you are running (though if you compile with 1.8.2, it should work just fine on AMX Mod X 1.8.2).

If this works then you're likely doing something wrong with your modification, at which point, you'll need to post your code so that we can help you figure it out.

P.S. I just noticed that this plugin is in the unapproved forum. You should use one that is in the approved forum (like this one).

Last edited by fysiks; 04-17-2019 at 22:09.
damnyourefine
Old 04-17-2019 , 22:19   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If the original plugin works by clicking on "Get Plugin" then I recommend that you verify that your compilation method is working properly by compiling the original source code (no modifications). To be safe, you should use the compiler that matches the version of AMX Mod X that you are running (though if you compile with 1.8.2, it should work just fine on AMX Mod X 1.8.2).

If this works then you're likely doing something wrong with your modification, at which point, you'll need to post your code so that we can help you figure it out.

P.S. I just noticed that this plugin is in the unapproved forum. You should use one that is in the approved forum (like this one).
I have not had time to work on this further, but yes I did verify that by using my current AMX build and even the latest official build I can successfully compile and run the original plugin.

The only change I made was "parachute.mdl" to "ournewfilename.mdl" and re-compiled it. Somehow that seems to break it.

I will report back once I have tried again.

Is there an approved version of this plugin? I didn't see it.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2019 , 02:26   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
Is there an approved version of this plugin? I didn't see it.
I searched for "parachute" in the Approved Plugins section and found it on the first page of results (and I linked to it in my previous post).
Old 12-27-2020 , 15:48   Re: Amx Parachute(ported KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #240

Please how to remove so the gravity doesn't reset itself back to the normal gravity (800)