Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2010 , 07:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
Hey Muukis,

Been using your plugin for a while with no major problems at all but for a while now I keep getting error messages.

I dont think they are causing any problems but its just annoying to see ANY errors lol even if they are harmless...

I have attached the log file for you to read over

Thanks for your time

Mark
Those errors seems legit, but solving them by adding more checks will not solve your main problem which is really causing these errors. Either your DB is getting slow or something else is killing the system. For example
Code:
L 09/12/2010 - 13:06:27: [SM] Native "GetClientAuthString" reported: Client 11 is not connected
L 09/12/2010 - 13:06:27: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx":
L 09/12/2010 - 13:06:27: [SM]   [0]  Line 10791, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/66015.attach::GetClientRankAuthString()
L 09/12/2010 - 13:06:27: [SM]   [1]  Line 2294, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/66015.attach::InsertPlayerDB()
... the InsertPlayerDB is called from CheckPlayerDB (async) and the connection of the client is checked by the calling function. If you are getting errors such as "Client X is not connected", your asyncronous call takes so much time that the player has left from the server or such. I don't believe this is a common problem, is it? I can add checks to everywhere, just to be safe, but I'd like to keep it simple and optimized so that the same checks are not done many times during a routine. I'll add a couple of checks at some critical points, but I don't think it'll fix everything for you. In fact, it can go worse on the other edge of the functionality (it's like a mat which you move to cover some stains at the floor and at the same time you'll uncover some other stains at the other end of the mat.)

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
matrixmark
Old 09-15-2010 , 13:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1052

Ahh ok that kinda make sense (im not an expert lol so i have a basic understanding) I have been having a few speed issues with my web hosting company and am going to be changing soon so maybe that will fix the problem.

But them checks you said you was/might add sound good , thanks for the speedy reply.

Mark
Inker
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-16-2010 , 10:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1053

Hi, I think I asked this a while ago but I don't know if I ever got a response to it. I'm wondering, is it possible for me to change the Awards.php page to show the top 5 for each category instead of the top 2?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2010 , 13:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
Hi, I think I asked this a while ago but I don't know if I ever got a response to it. I'm wondering, is it possible for me to change the Awards.php page to show the top 5 for each category instead of the top 2?
Yes it is. Sorry if I missed your question. I'll put it up in the next update. I hope that will happen soon... maybe the latest at the next big game update for L4D2, but maybe sooner? I already have something done, but I'm trying to get enough time to make the update somewhat big and not just a set of tweaks.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
nakashimakun
Old 10-05-2010 , 05:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1055

Whats lined up for the new update for this mod as the DLC for l4d is coming out today.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2010 , 03:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakashimakun View Post
Whats lined up for the new update for this mod as the DLC for l4d is coming out today.
Not sure yet. I've been busy with other stuff, so most of the dev progress have been halted. I'll get back to work today and try to pry out something nice... soon.

EDIT:
In addition to a few other plugin related updates done this far, I've added a MOTD page that can be used in the game and at this level of development contains top 10 ranking (look HERE for a preview). I've also added a feature that lets administrators leave an in-game message to the MOTD page. The MOTD page was just a test to see if it was worth it... I was hoping to be able to add dynamic information to the MOTD page, like showing list of players currently online with their nationality and location perhaps, but I'm not sure if it's possible. I also had a couple of ideas to enhance the stats, but I'll see which of them are worth implementing.

Last edited by muukis; 10-06-2010 at 03:21.
nakashimakun
Old 10-06-2010 , 11:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1057

I think the MOTD page would be a brilliant addition... but your link gave me this.
CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

What about the new maps and mutations you going to add the information in for them. I'd love to see the MOTD thing in there as I use the MOTD of my server to display my stats for the server.
Danny_l4d
Old 10-06-2010 , 11:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1058

Hello Muukis,

Gameservers came with something what I can believe, I am using this site alsmost 8 months now and 2 months ago i moved the site to another server that is not gameserver.
now they send me this message.

Quote:
Your website was suspended as it was found to be using excessive database resources. This issue has happened a few times over the last week, but we waited to see if it was a temporary issue.

It seems the software you have installed that is using the *******_l4dstats database is performing some very CPU intensive queries. I would suggest contacting the software's developer, and asking them to optimize the queries a bit.

The queries were coming from **.***.**.**, and all looked like this:
SELECT country_code,country_name
FROM ip2country WHERE 1500657815 BETWEEN begin_ip_num AND end_ip_num

what can this be?

Danny
Old 10-06-2010 , 11:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1059

Its running the google map thing causes that issue. As it requires more proccesing power to run it I believe.

My host GTXHosting never have gave me that message as I don't use the map display.
Danny_l4d
Old 10-06-2010 , 12:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1060

hmm I thought I disabled the google thing :/

EDIT: I did disabled it because with google maps the site need 35 sec to load :/

Last edited by Danny_l4d; 10-06-2010 at 12:16.