Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 09-11-2017)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 07-25-2016 , 00:38   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 09-10-2015)
Reply With Quote #41

Well then, after all this time, even after multiple HDD wipes and all the deleted data, I found one of my SM directory backups from November last year, decided to launch L4D2 today for a bit of nostalgia, pleasantly surprised to see that everything still works somehow, the directory backup in question was this one;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...1NMNlhSclhVeUU

Sadly this was severely outdated and a lot of stuff I had fixed isn't here, oh well.

Anyways, I don't think I'll be actively developing anything, just dropped by to share what I had, I may or may not try to fix or update this plugin though, and the T3 version, but that's probably the extent of what I'll be working on in L4D2 again.
Old 07-25-2016 , 17:50   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #42

Alright, as promised, here's a small quality of life update for this plugin! (to anybody who still uses this anyways)

Version 1.4 07-25-2016
- Cleaned up the interaction between pistols/melee/magnums, should be much cleaner now instead of having the bots endlessly swap between the three when wanting to use a melee.
- Drastically lowered the distance at which the bots will scan and move to pick up a weapon, this means bots should no longer be running off and making a mad dash to grab weapons (like Dead Center 1)

Also, I haven't updated my sourcemod install, it's still in one of the early 1.7 releases, so I don't really know how nice it'll be with the newer compilers.
Old 07-25-2016 , 23:27   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #43

good to see u havent vanished completely like Pan has, i modified your M60 plugin to work with my updated Multiple Equipment code, had issues with your original, any suggestion u may have would be great but originally it didnt work with it, so i fixed that...not to hijack the thread, but if you have time to look at it that would be great, namely the reload code you had in it wasnt working so i relied on guncontrol instead...either way if you cant spare the time no biggy, but i figured i'd just throw it out there....good work on your plugins btw...especially.this one...
DeathChaos25
Old 07-26-2016 , 16:16   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
good to see u havent vanished completely like Pan has, i modified your M60 plugin to work with my updated Multiple Equipment code, had issues with your original, any suggestion u may have would be great but originally it didnt work with it, so i fixed that...not to hijack the thread, but if you have time to look at it that would be great, namely the reload code you had in it wasnt working so i relied on guncontrol instead...either way if you cant spare the time no biggy, but i figured i'd just throw it out there....good work on your plugins btw...especially.this one...
Everything used to work well on release, I'm guessing stuff broke between game updates.

You can take over the M60 plugin if you want, I'll be focusing more in fixing stuff on the bot plugins such as this or T3 plugin.
Old 07-26-2016 , 16:35   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #45

Newest update seems more stable with 1.8.
Mincegamer
Old 07-29-2016 , 16:52   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #46

Glad to see you back, DeathChaos!

This plugin does seem to work better on places like Dead Center 1 now. The bots don't run downstairs to get magnums. However, perhaps I'm missing the point of the plugin, or I don't understand the commands, because it kind of breaks bots in other ways. At the gun shop on Dead Center 1, for example, the bots will keep their tier 1 weapons, and won't pick anything else up. I went through the config file and set everything but their preferred tier 2 weapons to 0, then restarted the server, and they still wouldn't grab proper weapons.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2016 , 17:31   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #47

I use...

coach_enable_pistols 0
coach enable_magnums 1
ellis_enable_snipers 0
ellis_enable_pistols 0
ellis_enable_magnums 1
zoey_enable_snipers 0
restriction_type 1 - Prevents bots from grabbing disabled weapons, as I feel when you set this to 0, the bots won't bother following the settings and always go for their default preferences anyway.

So the bots will all grab magnums. Zoey and Ellis won't grab snipers either.
bazrael
Old 08-04-2016 , 20:04   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 07-25-2016)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Alright, as promised, here's a small quality of life update for this plugin! (to anybody who still uses this anyways)

Version 1.4 07-25-2016
- Cleaned up the interaction between pistols/melee/magnums, should be much cleaner now instead of having the bots endlessly swap between the three when wanting to use a melee.
- Drastically lowered the distance at which the bots will scan and move to pick up a weapon, this means bots should no longer be running off and making a mad dash to grab weapons (like Dead Center 1)
Appreciate your update! After using this plugins over a year, there's a idea in my mind that I hope you could add them if you still have free time. My thought is that gives tier 2 weapons second level. For example:
PHP Code:
Can Nick use assault rifles? (NoYesPriority to take this weapon than others if available)
// -
// Default: "1" 
// Minimum: "0.000000" 
// Maximum: "2.000000" 
nick_enable_assault_rifles "2" 
In original game settings, assault rifle is (bot survivor) Nick's first choice, but he will also take auto shotgun or hunting rifle if there's no assault rifle. Current plugin won't make them grab preferred guns if they already got a tier 2 weapon. Of course you have to pay attention to preferred guns still have ammo. In case a player drops a hunting rifle running out ammo, (bot) Ellis won't try to get it and give up his combat shotgun with enough shells.

Last edited by bazrael; 08-04-2016 at 20:14. Reason: grammar police
DeathChaos25
Old 09-11-2017 , 08:53   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 09-11-2017)
Reply With Quote #49

This plugin has gotten a small update! (Didn't expect that didja?)

Code:
-Cleaned up interactions between allowed Tier 1 Weapons and allowed Tier 2 weapons, 
this should completely stomp out any of those edge cases where a bot could upgrade 
from T1 to T2 but would not do so until running low on ammo.
Old 09-12-2017 , 02:53   Re: [L4D2] Bots Weapon Preferences Editor (UPDATED 09-11-2017)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
This plugin has gotten a small update! (Didn't expect that didja?)

Code:
-Cleaned up interactions between allowed Tier 1 Weapons and allowed Tier 2 weapons, 
this should completely stomp out any of those edge cases where a bot could upgrade 
from T1 to T2 but would not do so until running low on ammo.
Hey you're back. I thought you left AlliedModders for a long time. Good to see your update for this plugin.