Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2020 , 11:30   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

...make sure, you not run SRCDS while you upgrade server files. Or all files not get overwritten, because those are in use.

Either shutdown SRCDS or unload MetaMod:Source.

Example: remove metamod.vdf file out from ...addons/ folder and reboot srcds. MM:S and SM should not load anymore.
Upgrade files.
Move metamod.vdf file back to ...addons/ folder, reboot srcds.
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2020 , 13:59   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Thanks for the advice. I will consider them and do some more tests. Most of the gamedata updates are completed, so I can rule those out. I'm running it at 60 ticks and I can feel like the movement isn't as fluid as it used to be.

BTW does anyone know, if we have upgraded the engine to the one that is used in CSGO or was anything done to engine in general??
Old 10-04-2020 , 16:10   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

They changed some of the engine yes I thought csgo too, noticed some vtable calls are shifted by +20 if i remember.
They raised the data limit for stringtable baselines by 62KBs assume thats for the extra sounds they precache for orignal l4d2 maps, since their stringtables have not been rebuilt since they don't include l4d1 survivor sounds and scenes.

Also lets not forget the netchan crash with voicedata when update first launched so likely have.

Commission me for L4D
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2020 , 16:49   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

I wonder, if they raised the entity limit for the maps as well. Remember the edict overflow issues on some maps. Would be great if those could be fixed too.
Old 10-04-2020 , 19:09   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Still 2048 limit for edicts and non-networked entities 2049-4096. I would say minor changes to engine, no where near a major change like CSGO.
Old 10-05-2020 , 00:50   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Right! It would have been too good to be true.
Old 10-06-2020 , 02:46   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Mutant Tanks was updated recently to be fully compatible with The Last Stand.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-06-2020 at 02:47. Reason: Added hyperlink to the plugin's thread.
ProjectSky
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-06-2020 , 06:42   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Code:
server_srv.so!CMoveableCamera::FollowTarget() + 0x3b
server_srv.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsDispatchThink(void (CBaseEntity::*)()) + 0xae
server_srv.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsRunSpecificThink(int, void (CBaseEntity::*)()) + 0xb9
server_srv.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsRunThink(CBaseEntity::thinkmethods_t) + 0x42
server_srv.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsNoclip() + 0xcd
server_srv.so!CBaseEntity::PhysicsSimulate() + 0xa9c
server_srv.so!Physics_SimulateEntity(CBaseEntity*) + 0x15a
server_srv.so!Physics_RunThinkFunctions(bool) + 0x2aa
This crash happens every day on my server, seems that every time a player joins or exit the game has a chance to trigger the crash

full minidump
https://crash.limetech.org/5ixikne7wgbd
XDglory
Old 10-06-2020 , 10:22   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Not sure if this post is appropriate in this section, will delete it if it is not that relevant.
--
After the latest update, official claimed many jesus-spots were fixed, yet there still exist some spots that human can easily juke bot infecteds.
However, when I tried to adjust navigations in game like before, those adjustments all gone after command "nav_analyze".
.nav file did modified and saved when I used "nav_analyze", and other modified .nav seems not affected by this update yet their adjustments are gone as well.
Did the official change the mechanism of loading navigation file or something?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2020 , 12:36   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

You may have to paste the .nav file in the "\Left 4 Dead 2\update\maps" folder. Not sure.
Since Last Stand, a new folder was added to the root directory with some of the changes.

Last edited by Marttt; 10-06-2020 at 12:37.
Closed Thread