Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.1, 2016-06-18)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
sdz
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Old 06-19-2016 , 00:20   [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.1, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #1

Simple plugin really. Designed to be simple. Allows all users to set the hexadecimal color of their chat or name in the chatbox. I will eventually add a timestamp thing.
    -Requires my edit (in zip) of morecolors. I call it morecolorsX. I actually think I got most of it from Master53.
    -Saves and Loads via Clientprefs

Image:

sm_namecolor <HEX> (ex. sm_namecolor FF0E4F) - Set the color of your name in the chat
    sm_textcolor <HEX> (ex. sm_textcolor FF0E4F) - Set the color of your message in the chat

Code:
    Changelog:

1.1 - Resized some arrays and fixed messages and names being mysteriously cut off (:o)
    1.0 - Initial Release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (advanced_chatbox.sp - 318 views - 5.4 KB)
    File Type: zip Advanced Chatbox.zip (20.8 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by sdz; 06-23-2016 at 06:49.
    Mayor Gamer
    Old 06-19-2016 , 03:05   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #2

Doesn't Custom Chat Colors already do the same exact thing?
    Or am I missing a radical difference between these two, that isn't that you can set the colors trough commands?
    Old 06-20-2016 , 09:08   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mayor Gamer View Post
    Doesn't Custom Chat Colors already do the same exact thing?
    Or am I missing a radical difference between these two, that isn't that you can set the colors trough commands?
    Custom Chat Colors does it only for pre-defined Steam ID's / flags.

This one, as I read the description, is meant to make it possible for every individual user (regardless of Steam ID / flags) to change their name / text colors.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
    For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
    Mayor Gamer
    Old 06-20-2016 , 19:17   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
    Custom Chat Colors does it only for pre-defined Steam ID's / flags.

This one, as I read the description, is meant to make it possible for every individual user (regardless of Steam ID / flags) to change their name / text colors.
    Ah. I missed the feature. Looks great!
    Old 06-22-2016 , 02:02   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #5

If only it came with working nametags with the ability to change color, that would be legendary

Great plugin, tried to find others before that should have worked but didn't.

Sometimes cuts your name off though in front. Don't know why hahaha.

Last edited by UB VinylScratch; 06-22-2016 at 02:10.
    misterG
    Old 06-22-2016 , 09:58   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasSidezz View Post
    Simple plugin really. Designed to be simple. Allows all users to set the hexadecimal color of their chat or name in the chatbox. I will eventually add a timestamp thing.
    -Requires my edit (in zip) of morecolors. I call it morecolorsX. I actually think I got most of it from Master53.
    -Saves and Loads via Clientprefs

Image:

sm_namecolor <HEX> (ex. sm_namecolor FF0E4F) - Set the color of your name in the chat
    sm_textcolor <HEX> (ex. sm_textcolor FF0E4F) - Set the color of your message in the chat
    Have 3 suggestions:
    1. Add a flag for those who can set colours, mainly because some people would want this plugin just for donors or owners etc. Sorry i figured it out that i can override the command.
    2. Add a menu with the command !color with 2 sub-menus (name color and chat color) where players can choose between some pre-defined colors, and maybe some possible config for us to add colors in that menu.
    3. Can you make it compatible with custom chat colors ? If i change color from this plugin, my chat tag from custom chat colors disappears.

Last edited by misterG; 06-22-2016 at 11:45.
    misterG
    Old 06-23-2016 , 05:40   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #7

I am coming back with some impression: PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FOR TF2. I had to delete my clientprefs database in order to make my chat text and name normal again. My name was cut off and messages were combined from my previous messagess. Do not download this, for your own good.
    Old 06-23-2016 , 06:44   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #8

The whole "names and chat being cut off" should be fixed now. Let me know if there's any more issues.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterG View Post
    I am coming back with some impression: PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FOR TF2. I had to delete my clientprefs database in order to make my chat text and name normal again. My name was cut off and messages were combined from my previous messagess. Do not download this, for your own good.
    It's amazing the results changing two numbers can yield isn't it
    Oh but you weren't smart enough to do that, were you?

Last edited by sdz; 03-12-2017 at 04:57.
    misterG
    Old 06-23-2016 , 08:09   Re: [Source 2009] Advanced Chatbox (1.0, 2016-06-18)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasSidezz View Post
    The whole "names and chat being cut off" should be fixed now. Let me know if there's any more issues.

It's amazing the results changing two numbers can yield isn't it
    Oh but you weren't smart enough to do that, were you?
    My friend, i couldn't disable your plugin in any way other than deleting clientprefs database, so don't tell me that i'm not smart enough. My name was cut off and when i was typing something in chat messages were combined with previous messages and were cut off too. Don't tell me that i'm not smart enough. I'm sorry that i didn't make any screenshots. Also what i described happened AFTER plugin delete & server restart.