Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

audiotechyo
Old 05-29-2022 , 13:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5271

Im not sure how experienced you are yourself, it is 100% counting GG levels during warmup on my server lol.

I am well aware that sv_ is a server var, however, they are not strictly server side only, see this link:
https://totalcsgo.com/command/svallowupload

Regardless, it seems this was done by valve to stop people from connecting to custom game servers because there was an exploit around 2019. Apparently you can bypass this with fast downloads. But I have no tested that yet.
OneMore
Old 05-29-2022 , 16:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5272

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotechyo View Post
Im not sure how experienced you are yourself...
Apologies if you feel that I was rude in my answer. Believe me, I was not. I just remembered myself when I started the GG server a couple of years ago I asked similar questions.

Players can’t override server settings, and fastdl is the server settings too. So, what you set on the server, will be used by client's.

Regarding warmup. There are warmup settings managed by CS:GO, for example, mp_warmuptime, and the warmup managed by GG. Please be sure that the server warmup is switched off and you use the warmup managed by GG.
OneMore
Old 05-29-2022 , 16:46   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5273

An alternative option is to recompile GG with debugging on option and check logs, why it counts frags during warmup.
audiotechyo
Old 05-29-2022 , 21:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5274

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
Apologies if you feel that I was rude in my answer. Believe me, I was not. I just remembered myself when I started the GG server a couple of years ago I asked similar questions.

Players can’t override server settings, and fastdl is the server settings too. So, what you set on the server, will be used by client's.

Regarding warmup. There are warmup settings managed by CS:GO, for example, mp_warmuptime, and the warmup managed by GG. Please be sure that the server warmup is switched off and you use the warmup managed by GG.
No worries, I consider myself brand new to CS servers, I did run a CSS GG server back in like, 2008, but nothing since then lol.

As far as the sv_allowupload 1 setting goes, in order for you to as a player to join a server with custom content that is not connected to fast download, you cannot download it unless you, the player, enables that server var. Dont ask me why, but there are threads, and videos discussing that you need to enable it. What I have read, but not tested yet, is setting up fastDL in order to bypass that issue. As for fastDL it only requires you to enable custom content in the settings menu. But you would need to do this for ZM, GG, MG, already. So most people know to do this.

I figured I had a mp setting messed up, I probably have warmuptime enable which is causing this issue. Thanks for that.
audiotechyo
Old 06-02-2022 , 19:18   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5275

So, I have ended up trying to create a mapgroup, and using a casual gamemode config I have fixed the following:

Game no longer finishes at 15 rounds like a comp game.
Warmup no longer runs so that GG warmup is the only warmup running.

However I have now finished a game of GG and now I run into the problem that upon winner the game does a lot of strange things, and ends up in a loop. Do I need to install a map switcher?
OneMore
Old 06-02-2022 , 19:50   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5276

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotechyo View Post
...the game does a lot of strange things, and ends up in a loop. Do I need to install a map switcher?
Yes, a map switcher catches the game end event and switches the map.
Fragenstein
Old 06-13-2022 , 23:02   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5277

This is strange. All gungame sounds work on the first map, then only the gungame winner sound works on any map after that. I've tried different map rotations. I flushed steam cache. Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2022 , 08:27   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
This is strange. All gungame sounds work on the first map, then only the gungame winner sound works on any map after that. I've tried different map rotations. I flushed steam cache. Any ideas?
All sounds used by GG are in gungame.config.txt
Do you have other config files for GG in cfg folder? For example, I have several folders for different GG setups. And I change settings folder changing cvar sm_gg_cfgdirname

So could it be possible if you change sm_gg_cfgdirname cvar to another folder during the first map?
mono
Old 07-03-2022 , 06:46   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5279

someone pleeeeeeeeeease help me
sourcemod and metamod is loaded but gungame is not im trying to load gungame manually but it says it is already loaded but none of the gungame commands are working also no error in console is there a log which shows me what happened
OneMore
Old 07-03-2022 , 20:31   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
... is there a log which shows me what happened
You can check Sourcemod logs: addons/sourcemod/logs
and server logs /logs