Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[csgo][server plugin] Environment setup to write mm:source server plugins for csgo

Post New Thread Reply   

farren.bough
Old 07-31-2014 , 03:51   [csgo][server plugin] Environment setup to write mm:source server plugins for csgo
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all,

I'am planning to write server plugins for csgo with metamod:source on ubuntu14.04. This is my current setup:

/project
/mmsource-1.10.1 (from here)
/hl2sdk-csgo (from here)

Is this sufficient for development?
Trying to compile stub_mm with make ENGINE=csgo fails

In file included from ../core/sourcehook/sourcehook.h:118:0,
from ../core/ISmmPlugin.h7,
from stub_mm.h:18,
from stub_mm.cpp:16:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h: In function ‘OutputClass fastdelegate::detail::horrible_cast(InputClas s)’:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:181:14: error: typedef ‘ERROR_CantUseHorrible_cast’ locally defined but not used [-Werror=unused-local-typedefs]
typedef int ERROR_CantUseHorrible_cast[sizeof(InputClass)==sizeof(u)

Can anyone guide me from here?

Thanks
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-31-2014 , 08:31   Re: [csgo][server plugin] Environment setup to write mm:source server plugins for csg
Reply With Quote #2

SourceHook raises some warnings in modern compilers and is overdue for a rewrite.

In the meantime, just add the relevant switches to ignore the warnings from it. -Wno-unused-local-typedefs in the case of the one you mention there. I believe that there's another one as well that you may encounter.
farren.bough
Old 08-02-2014 , 13:35   Re: [csgo][server plugin] Environment setup to write mm:source server plugins for csg
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks psychonic. I found that the sample compiles when i use gcc-4.7. earlier i was using 4.8.