Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

StrikeR14
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2020 , 12:21   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
I have 1 questiion

I want to apply strange weapons to bots
everyone has showed me them having bots with australiums but..

are selfish enough just to flex it on others

Im not sure how the attributes work, so can i get HELP?
Are you're talking about TF2Items or TF2Attributes?
This link shows how to apply australium skin with tf2items.weapons.txt file

My Plugins | My Discord Account

Last edited by StrikeR14; 12-15-2020 at 12:25.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2020 , 22:48   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
I want to apply strange weapons to bots
This may help: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=329264
Munckeyz
Old 10-24-2023 , 21:22   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #613

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to ask if this plugin can still work - it's just for a personal-use server, so I'm not too concerned about performance and so on. I know there are other plugins with similar functionality, but none of them have the ease of configuration that this one did.

EDIT: I've tried setting it up, and it seems to be okay - other than it seems to miss giving a few weapons (I see Soldiers or Pyros walking around with a shotgun out, not sure if that's because they all ran out of primary ammo or if it's a plugin issue) and prints errors in the console whenever it tries (and fails) to give them cosmetics.

EDIT2: No problem! I found I had to alter a few values in a gamedata file to enable cosmetics. As for the weapons, I believe it might be an issue with the Panic Attack, since it's also usable by the Engineer. It may have been giving it to the Soldier, Pyro and Heavy as well, attempting to do so as a primary rather than a secondary, thereby deleting their own primaries.

EDIT3: One last thing, some newer weapons that were released after this plugin (or maybe after TF2ItemsInfo) don't get their unique attributes when distributed to bots through this plugin - namely the Iron Bomber, the Quickiebomb Launcher and the Dragon's Fury. It also seems to skip over more recent cosmetics. How to fix this?

Last edited by Munckeyz; 10-26-2023 at 16:41.