Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)

Post New Thread Reply   

J-Factor
Old 07-19-2009 , 03:14   Re: [TF2] Presents!
Reply With Quote #11

Anyone who recently updated to 0.5 should update again. I made a mistake in some of my safety checks which meant the 'last player' on a full server would not be able to grab presents.

Quote:
In my personal opinion, I think you went to too much of the "mild" side of things. Need a little bit more "punch" to them. Like the sentry one. You should just spawn it with the normal amount of ammo. The very minimal ammo you gave it makes it almost useless.
Well, Instant Sentry is basically a free kill against any 125 HP class who happens to be near you. The sentry is for distraction/covering fire, it's not meant to take down multiple/tough opponents.

Quote:
The hothead roll doesnt have any effects.
It leave a trail of smoke behind you so people can follow you. Bad for spies I guess.

Quote:
There's tons of effects, but are we going to expect more?
Yes.

Quote:
You might consider changing the way you do the maps.cfg to enable maps. You should do the opposite imo. Youre making more work for admins to have to edit the maps config to add maps to be enabled.

You should do the reverse of that and make the maps.cfg the blacklist of maps that the plugin is DISABLED on instead.
You can already do that (even before the latest 0.5.1 update). Simply set sm_presents_maps_only (or the old use_maps one) to enable/disable random presents drops on maps that are NOT in the config. Each map in the config has its own enabled attribute which can be set to enable/disable it individually. E.g:

Code:
"cp_dustbowl"
{
    "enabled"    "0"
}
Quote:
Could you add 100% crits or unlimited ammo to this also?
No 100% crits.

Unlimited ammo maybe.

Quote:
dance party, or whatever you call it is extremely rage inducing. Whenever somebody gets it, half the server is taunting because they don't know what is going on. Please add a cvar to disable this, possibly cvars to enable and disable all effects individually.
Dance Fever has been nerfed from 15 seconds of taunts to 2 taunts only. Either way, you can disable it randomly dropping using effects.cfg.

Note: even if an effect is 'disabled' it can still be given to people by admins.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 03:54   Re: [TF2] Presents!
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
He already has cvars to do that heh. effects.cfg <----
oh lol, i got the version off of his website a week ago, not much info there, good i totally read the first post... thanks retsam.

Also, another suggestion: In keeping with your rather creative set of "bonuses" so far, how about homing bullets/rockets etc.

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 07-19-2009 at 03:57.
m4ster
Old 07-19-2009 , 08:38   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #13

http://j-factor.com/presents doesnt work
Old 07-19-2009 , 15:59   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #14

It works, i've been using it for a week, but why would you get it there when there's a newer version here?
Old 07-19-2009 , 16:08   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ster View Post
Assuming you were looking for the list of effects, I added it to the first post.

Effect ideas time!

TNT
"Your fuse is lit! Don't let it catch you!"
Lights a fuse that chases you around. If it catches you - boom.

Nuke
"It's a bomb! Duck and cover!"
Turns you into a Nuke. You start ticking, flashing and slowed to spun-up Heavy speed. Huge explosion (end of goldrush particle effect?) that kills anyone near you IF they are not ducking.

Blue Shell
--
Highest scorer on the enemy team gets hit or something. Not killed.

Next Gen
--
Massive bloom. Not sure about this because some people's computers couldn't handle it.

1-up
--
If you die within 20 seconds you instantly respawn somewhere. Either where you grabbed the 1-up present or where you died or something.

Fake Present
--
Drops a fake present where you are that only the other team can grab. Spins clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2009 , 16:18   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #16

Those are all pretty good ideas. LIke i said though, I think homing bullets would be kinda cool, possibly op though.
Old 07-19-2009 , 16:27   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #17

My thoughts.

TNT: Not sure I understand how it should work but sounds interesting.

Nuke: I like it. If you were planning on using timebomb, that doesnt work so well. Youd prolly need to code it so forceplayersuicide within a radius. Then immunity to those using IN_DUCK. OR You could also do is a timer on the person who got the present and does a fakeclientcommand "explode" on that person and also any enemies within radius. Youd end up with alot of visual exploding parts lol. I dont think that would lag...

Blue Shell:
You could hit them with a bolt of lighting that reduces their health by 50%, or 75%. I think theres a sprite/particle that does that lighting effect? Or is that CSS only? : /

Next Gen: Bloom = bad. Any big graphics related effects = bad.

1-up:
Thats a kewl idea. Id change it to, if you die somewhere, within 10 seconds you will respawn back at the same spot. However, you may have serious conflicts with peoples respawn plugins with this...

Last edited by retsam; 07-19-2009 at 16:38.
cerious
Old 07-19-2009 , 16:34   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #18

Possibly the most fun I've ever had in a long, long time. Mad props.

I don't see how 1-up can work in arena maps. Blue shell should damage the top scorer by 30 health. Traffic cone shouldn't show up on the receiver's screen (it gets in the way and is annoying) and should appear purely cosmetic - i.e., other people see the huge cone, but it doesn't get in the wearer's vision.

And one bug: In arena mode, if you get Running Shoes and the next round starts, you can actually run around in the setup area - on maps like Arena_Harvest_v2, this means you can run around the entire map during the initial 10-second setup.

Also, my own ideas:

Banana Peel.
--
It makes you slide around as if you were on ice (this effect is possible in TF2, I've seen maps with this effect) for a few seconds.

Disco Party
--
Makes the receiver flash all sorts of colors for 10 seconds - he turns red, blue, green, yellow, etc. and starts flashing colors (not too fast, but not too slow).

Congratulations!
--
Purely cosmetic. It renders the little fireworks display that goes off when you earn an achievement. Maybe it refills your ammo supply too.
Billiam
Old 07-19-2009 , 22:06   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #19

Fantastic, thanks so much. More fun and less intrusive than RTD.
Onedda
Old 07-20-2009 , 02:09   Re: [TF2] Presents! (v0.5.1, fixed major bug)
Reply With Quote #20

Hello there

Nice plugin this i really like it but KAC doesnt it spams the log with

L 07/20/2009 - 06:25:26: Player hardchef1993 (STEAM_0:1:*******) tried to execute cheat command:

and if it spams that for every player the log files will be quite big

just thought i would let you know.

Cheers
Onedda