Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Cross-Game Chatter v1.6 [Discord <-> AMXX]

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-04-2020 , 10:22   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
Take a look at this thread and come up with a way to stop using set_task every 0.1s.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169315
Spoiler
You probably meant:
"Take a look at this thread and come up with a way to stop using set_task every 0.1s by using a module that does pretty much the same thing".

Sockets are a way of sending/receiving data over a network. Networks are unreliable and have lots of delays. You can not know when data is available without waiting for it, which means continuously checking to see if it's available or blocking until it is. Blocking in the main thread is a really bad idea since the server will "freeze" until the data arrives.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-04-2020 at 10:27.
DragosHh
Old 04-15-2020 , 05:55   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.1
Reply With Quote #22

Bug discovered: If somehow your node server.js crash and you are on the server, your client console gets \n (newline) every second.

Last edited by DragosHh; 04-15-2020 at 05:55.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 04-15-2020 , 08:36   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.1
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragosHh View Post
Bug discovered: If somehow your node server.js crash and you are on the server, your client console gets \n (newline) every second.
Thanks for your feedback. I need more information though. Are you running the latest version of both AMXX and NodeJs script? When does the socket server crash and what does it print? The previous release had a similar bug where the server would continuously print the last received message, but I fixed it. Let me check really fast and then tell if that is fixed (if it happens to me).

Edit: I made a small change in the main (AMXX) script. I can't see any difference but it is supposed to at least filter the chat by not sending blank messages. If you fancy write to me in discord (thEsp#7885) so I can figure out your problem faster.

Last edited by thEsp; 04-15-2020 at 08:51.
DragosHh
Old 04-17-2020 , 05:48   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.1
Reply With Quote #24

AMX Mod X 1.8.3-dev+5116

But don't worry, I added the 'goto' part and now is fine. You can test without it to see how the bug was acting.

1. Open nodejs server.js
2. Start HLDS
3. Join server.
4. Close nodejs server (doesn't have to crash)
5. Look in your client-console, you will see how your chat goes away (empty lines)

But as I said, now is fixed because of you

I customized your SMA a little bit just for testing, I can send through discord chat commands !amx_
But is in a very stupid way, I will try if I have time to add a RCON integration into your JS and post it here, so owners can manage their servers through discord.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 05-05-2020 , 12:38   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2
Reply With Quote #25

Updated to 1.2.
RBE sLayeR
Old 05-15-2020 , 17:52   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2
Reply With Quote #26

well at first it worked well , but then not anymore ... PS i just saw these error codes in console
PHP Code:
[21:48:19L 05/15/2020 21:48:19: [AMXXPlugin ("amx_crossgamechatter.amxx"is setting itself as failed.
[
21:48:19L 05/15/2020 21:48:19: [AMXXPlugin says: [CriticalCross-Game ChatterFailed to initialze the (socketserver.
[
21:48:19L 05/15/2020 21:48:19: [AMXXRun time error 1 (plugin "amx_crossgamechatter.amxx") - forced exit 
BANNED
Old 05-15-2020 , 18:41   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2
Reply With Quote #27

Are you running the latest version? The plugin is saying that your nodejs [socket] server didn't respond, possibly due to a crash, or because it simply closed, somehow. In the last update I fixed this issue where the main (nodejs) server would crash after some map changes. I have heard that certain hosting services restart their clients' server daily, is that the case with yours?

Write me a PM if you fancy in order to further investigate your issue.

[al]
A po e pėrdor verzionin e fundit apo jo? Shtojca po thot se serveri jot nodejs s'ka kthy pėrgjigje, ndoshta pėr shkak t'nji dėshtimi, ose thjeshtė u mbyllė disi. N'pėrditėsimin e fundit e rregullova kėtė telashe ku serveri (nodejs) kryesor dėshtojke mbas disa ndryshimeve t'hartės. Kam ndėgju qė disa shėrbime rifillojnė serverat e klientve tyne ē'do ditė, a po ndodhė edhe me serverin tond kshtu?

Shkruma nji letėr PM nėse s'e ke bezdi qė m'e hetu telashen tande.

Last edited by thEsp; 05-15-2020 at 18:41.
RBE sLayeR
Old 05-16-2020 , 09:31   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2
Reply With Quote #28

[al]
po versionin e fundit e kom ,po mundet me ndodh qe u mbyll
Quote:
Kam ndėgju qė disa shėrbime rifillojnė serverat e klientve tyne ē'do ditė, a po ndodhė edhe me serverin tond kshtu?
jo

[en]

ML_NOTFOUND
Spoiler

Last edited by RBE sLayeR; 05-16-2020 at 16:21.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 05-16-2020 , 09:41   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2
Reply With Quote #29

If your server doesn't restart daily, then try running "linux_loop.sh" or "win_loop.bat" depending on what OS your server has. Also don't forget to properly install the translation file (as described in the main post).

Spoiler

Last edited by thEsp; 05-16-2020 at 09:46.
RBE sLayeR
Old 05-16-2020 , 16:22   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.2 [Discord <-> AMXX]
Reply With Quote #30

Thx now its working , i hope its not gonna crash again
Btw just noticed that i was missing these files linux_loop.sh and linux_single.sh