Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

is there a way somehow ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Eric_Jedi
Old 05-30-2005 , 22:42   is there a way somehow ?
Reply With Quote #1

We have a large server , and on some maps, for example, office, it has 40 spawn points. On some servers, i have noticed that they have a bot.join, to force people on a team, so that everyone extra over 40, can still join. I experimented with mani commands, and i swapped a player when teams were full, and i got to make it fit. So im wondering if there would be a command, so that when idd put for example in player_say "join.team" , it would force them on a team as swap did. though, swap does not have an option to take it from spec, which is why i ask if theres a way i can contour that.

thx

Eric
Ace Rimmer
Old 05-31-2005 , 06:32  
Reply With Quote #2

jointeam 0, 1, 2, 3

this is a standard cs command

o spectate
1 auto select
2 Ts
3 CTs

use:

ma_cexec event_var(userid) jointeam 0

in a config file changing 0 to whatever you want

Main Web Site-Ace Rimmer-System Information
Eric_Jedi
Old 05-31-2005 , 11:18  
Reply With Quote #3

But for some reason , if i swap someone, it forces them on that team, but if i do that jointeam command, it doesnt . Thats why im trying to figure out what is the difference between his ma_swapteam and ma_cexec name jointeam # .
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2005 , 12:19  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Jedi
But for some reason , if i swap someone, it forces them on that team, but if i do that jointeam command, it doesnt . Thats why im trying to figure out what is the difference between his ma_swapteam and ma_cexec name jointeam # .
jointeam will be limited by your mp_limitteams settings. You'd need to change that value before jointeam could unbalance the teams.

-Mattie
Eric_Jedi
Old 05-31-2005 , 12:41  
Reply With Quote #5

what would i have to set it at ? i Believe mine is currently set to 2 .
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2005 , 13:26  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Jedi
what would i have to set it at ? i Believe mine is currently set to 2 .
Well 0 probably disables it, but you could set it to 40 and get the same effect. The idea is that this Valve setting will prevent the teams from getting uneven via the jointeam command. So if the teams are unbalanced, you can't join the larger team (if the difference is higher than mp_limitteams). The swap admin functions disregard the mp_limitteams settings.

-Mattie
Eric_Jedi
Old 05-31-2005 , 20:59  
Reply With Quote #7

yes ive tried again, and nothing works with ma_cexec name jointeam # here. I would have to find out what ma_swapteam is using like command, and find a way that i can take someone from spec, and swap them on a team , but its just so hard to join mani, ive posted so many times, and so many people get answers , and i never get any :/ .