Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Trash this one

Post New Thread Reply   

kramesa
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 19:31   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #21

Don't works

Look:

Code:
<?php require_once('JG_Cache.php'); require_once('SourceQuery.class.php'); $servers = array( 'server_01' => array ('name' => 'Server #1', 'ip' => '189.38.58.98', 'port' => '27036') ); foreach ($servers as $server) {   $cache = new JG_Cache('/tmp');   $info = $cache->get($server['name'], 60); // second paramater = cache time in seconds   if ($info === false) {     $query = new SourceQuery();     try {       $query->Connect($server['ip'], $server['port']);       $info = $query->GetInfo();     } catch (SourceQueryException $e) {       $info = $e->getMessage();     }     //$cache->set($server['name'], $info);   }   if (is_array($info)) {     echo '<div style="color:#fff;">' . $server['ip'] . ':' . $server['port'] . ' | map: ' . $info['Map'] . ' | players: ' . $info['Players'] . '/' . $info['MaxPlayers'] . '</div>';   }   else {     echo '<div style="color:#ff0000;">' . $server['ip'] . ':' . $server['port'] . ' (offline)</div>';   } }
Old 04-25-2012 , 19:36   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #22

I can't help you if you keep ignoring my questions.
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 19:40   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
Is error reporting enabled at its absolute maximum? Can you write to /tmp?
I don't undestand. Can you explain?
Old 04-25-2012 , 20:03   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #24

Sure. Read this about error reporting: http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php

Example:
PHP Code:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL); // report all errors and notices
ini_set('display_errors''2'); // print the reports to the screen (as opposed to a log file)

// the rest of the script
As for /tmp, on Linux systems this is the default directory where temporary data is stored. The script I posted caches the queries, so it won't have to query your game servers every time the page is requested (so the page loads faster and it uses less resources). To find out where your system writes temporary data to, try this:
PHP Code:
<?php
echo sys_get_temp_dir();
?>
To test if you can write to /tmp, try this:
PHP Code:
<?php
$path 
'/tmp';
$file 'test.txt';
$handle fopen($path.'/'.$file'w') or die('can\'t write to '.$path);
fclose($handle);
?>
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 20:12   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Sure. Read this about error reporting: http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php

Example:
PHP Code:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL); // report all errors and notices
ini_set('display_errors''2'); // print the reports to the screen (as opposed to a log file)

// the rest of the script
As for /tmp, on Linux systems this is the default directory where temporary data is stored. The script I posted caches the queries, so it won't have to query your game servers every time the page is requested (so the page loads faster and it uses less resources). To find out where your system writes temporary data to, try this:
PHP Code:
<?php
echo sys_get_temp_dir();
?>
To test if you can write to /tmp, try this:
PHP Code:
<?php
$path 
'/tmp';
$file 'test.txt';
$handle fopen($path.'/'.$file'w') or die('can\'t write to '.$path);
fclose($handle);
?>
I have this:

Code:
Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 25 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/web/public_html/SourceQuery.class.php on line 400
My host is not allowed to run this?

Last edited by kramesa; 04-25-2012 at 20:13.
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 20:16   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #26

Looks like it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Noti...+not+permitted ->
http://forums.interwavestudios.com/t...ror/#entry7398
http://forums.interwavestudios.com/t...ata/#entry5986
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 20:30   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #27

My safe mod is off, I dont know what is happen.

Last edited by kramesa; 04-25-2012 at 20:34.
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 21:26   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #28

There are more ways than enabling safe_mode to disallow operations. Also, even if you are allowed to open and write to sockets it may still be blocked by a firewall (which is hard to tell in case of UDP - see the warning here). You'll have to contact your host.

Last edited by 8088; 04-25-2012 at 21:37.
kramesa
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2012 , 14:04   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
There are more ways than enabling safe_mode to disallow operations. Also, even if you are allowed to open and write to sockets it may still be blocked by a firewall (which is hard to tell in case of UDP - see the warning here). You'll have to contact your host.
What's the port I need open?
Old 04-26-2012 , 16:17   Re: Want an simple PHP script for website with div id="serverstatus"
Reply With Quote #30

As far as I know ports are randomly assigned when creating a socket (at least with fsockopen). Like I said, contact your host.