Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

triggerman
Old 02-19-2010 , 04:22   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Here, ive coded a lil Plugin and changed the stripper files so paths get changed ONCE per map.

When i find some spare time and boredom ill code a score-based version... that will induce RAGE!!
nice. you should expand it into a full plugin that can change out any number of files on all maps for a sort of pseudo dynamic maps.
Old 02-19-2010 , 05:10   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #522

Nice work Atomic.

Edit: There is a problem with the plugin. The first team will go and it will be dynamic but the second team to go gets to choose what path they want to use. All of the nav blockers unblock. This is a big problem in the mall as you can not activate the crescendo for the second team. They can't open the door and they can pass right though the glass meaning no crescendo and a real easy map, makes it pointless.

I edited my cemetery dynamic config to fit with Atomic's plugin, I think I got it right I am going to test it right now.

Edit: Stick with the original for now until Atomic can iron out the bugs in the plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c5m3_cemetery.cfg (2.2 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 02-19-2010 at 05:27.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2010 , 11:02   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #523

its not his plugin - i believe it has to do with a problem ive been trying to resolve for a long time with random spawns.

when using the exact same code i used in l4d1.. first half is good, 2nd half has nothing.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2010 , 13:43   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #524

Damn.. I totally missed the post about it not workign and just updated everything on the server.. doh!

Maybe this has to do with how l4d2 is designed? The trigger has to happen again for the blockers to be set up? When team changes, it resets them? Probably along with all the items and such. Doh!

Is it possible to put some extra, unused data into one of the entities? Then the plugin that triggers could like know what to do. For example, you can put the value of 5 in that data. When the map loads and the plugin reads that data, it knows there are 5 possible triggers so it looks for entities named random_path_relay1-5 or something. (I guess it could just look for them and just use what they find) Then based on whatever logic, (score or random) it would just fire the same entity on each round_start event.

Last edited by Thraka; 02-19-2010 at 13:51.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2010 , 05:44   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Nice work Atomic.

Edit: There is a problem with the plugin. The first team will go and it will be dynamic but the second team to go gets to choose what path they want to use. All of the nav blockers unblock. This is a big problem in the mall as you can not activate the crescendo for the second team. They can't open the door and they can pass right though the glass meaning no crescendo and a real easy map, makes it pointless.

I edited my cemetery dynamic config to fit with Atomic's plugin, I think I got it right I am going to test it right now.

Edit: Stick with the original for now until Atomic can iron out the bugs in the plugin.
Its not a Plugin bug if the damn maps reset/break themselves on second round. I didnt anticipate that.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2010 , 08:34   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #526

Heeere we go.

I've re-written the plugin and all important config files (C1M3, C5M1, C5M2, C5M3).

The Plugin randomly selects easy medium or hard route, for BOTH teams. There is an admin command (cheats flag) "sm_forcepath (easy|medium|hard)" to override the random pathing at any moment, for the remainder of the current map.

Ive fixed up files and entities so changing routes mid-map is possible.

Do look at how the stripper files are built if you intend to make your own to work with the plugin.

Also note ive made necessary changes so coop/survival/scavenge isnt affected anymore.

EDIT:

Updated Mall file ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4d2_routing.zip (13.4 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 02-21-2010 at 05:14.
untalented893
Old 02-20-2010 , 19:00   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Use your VMF for reference to find the object you want to remove by finding it's origin in your map and then looking it up in your dump.
Where are the campaigns vmf files? I can't seem to open any campaigns in hammer...
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2010 , 19:26   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #528

read replies 504 and 505.
SkaP
Old 02-21-2010 , 00:52   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #529

Works great Atomic just one problem in C1M3. Both paths get blocked for the second team so this happens:

[IMG]http://img193.**************/img193/278/c1m3mall0001s.jpg[/IMG]
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2010 , 05:15   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #530

Interesting how a filter whose trigger i KILL is still firing.

Valve bugs, anyone? Oh well i fixed it, redownload the package.