12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2006 , 16:38   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBug
I would like that all the 3 servers would redirect automatically to the 4th server fot example... do i have to set reserved slots at maximum; to have the plug to redirect to the fourth wich has no reserved slots?
the plugin does not care for reserved slots. furthermore it was never intended to be used for creating redirection relays anyway and tbh i don't have any motivation to change this, because imho you are just fooling people.
apart from that you could try to set maxplayers to 0 on the other servers, which should work according to how the plugin decides when it should redirect. but don't expect any support on this if it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBug
and is it possible to have more than 5 servers? because i read something that i must edit stuff...
when you already "read something", why not just "read everything" now, instead of asking. reading my answer here is even longer than reading this original text would have been:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR
Please be aware that when using more than 5 servers in SERVERFILE you have to change the define
MAX_SERVERFORWARDS and recompile the plugin. If there are more servers in the file than specified by
MAX_SERVERFORWARDS the other servers will be ignored.
if you don't understand some part of this text you can still ask about the specific thing you don't understand. but if you are just lazy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR
First of all, if you are too lazy to read all this don't bother me with problems or questions!
Old 07-25-2006 , 17:06   Re: Server redirection

Dude thx alot but why you get so upset by this post... i dont mean any harm to you, i just asked a simple question, it wast that i was asking you to make a better version of your plugin... maybe its my english that wasnt good or something, im from belgium... dude srry that ive made you mad lol but its nothing to be angry on dude, anyway thx alot for your plug and thx for the help, i appreciate it
bye and again srry for the misunderstanding
Lt Llama
Old 07-28-2006 , 04:11   Re: Server redirection

Just wanna say thanks for a plugin working like a clock for me.
Added the redirect plugin at the same time as we had 4 new servers, so its been running for about a month.
I have split up the content of our servers in 4 parts: 3 of them in 3 difficulty levels and 1 fun server.

So with the redirect they can choose Easy, Medium, Hard or Fun server.
More than doubled our player count, people now stay and learn a very old and dusty game play in Team Fortress Classic.

Only issue I have is that TFC dont support colored menus so I had to remove the color codes. Otherwise it works with

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 0
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 1
redirect_send_tag 1
redirect_receive_tag 1
redirect_check_method 2

/Lt.
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2006 , 13:30   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama
Just wanna say thanks for a plugin working like a clock for me.
Added the redirect plugin at the same time as we had 4 new servers, so its been running for about a month.
I have split up the content of our servers in 4 parts: 3 of them in 3 difficulty levels and 1 fun server.

So with the redirect they can choose Easy, Medium, Hard or Fun server.
More than doubled our player count, people now stay and learn a very old and dusty game play in Team Fortress Classic.

Only issue I have is that TFC dont support colored menus so I had to remove the color codes. Otherwise it works with

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 0
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 1
redirect_send_tag 1
redirect_receive_tag 1
redirect_check_method 2

/Lt.
hmm, didn't know that TFC wouldn't support coloured menues.

many thanks for your comments, such posts are what keeps me going

meanwhile i set up my NS server and saw it is working there as well, although the announcements will have to be displayed some pixels below for NS (because there is some top hud).

so as there are two mod specific issues now i will find out best way to detect the running mod and then fix the issue specifically for these mods (e.g. display menues without color codes for TFC).
Old 07-28-2006 , 14:27   Re: Server redirection

Awesome plugin. Running on my servers now.
+karma

Just one thing. Could you make an option that when you have "redirect_announce_mode 2" that the displaying text will show on the top and not just in the middle of the screen like "redirect_announce_mode 1".

Or could you tell me if I am right with changing this:
Code:
				if ((nAnnounceMode == 2) || (nAnnounceMode == 3))
				{
					get_players(nPlayers, nPlayerNum, "bc") // dead players
					set_hudmessage(000, 100, 255, -1.0, 0.35, 0, 0.0, 10.0, 0.5, 0.10, 1)	// show list at lower position for them so it is not covered by the "spectator bars"
					for (nPlayerCount = 0; nPlayerCount < nPlayerNum; nPlayerCount++)
					{
						format(sAnnounceText, MAX_MENUBODY_LEN - 1, "%L^n%s", nPlayers[nPlayerCount], "MSG_SAY_SERVER", sAnnounceBody)
						show_hudmessage(nPlayers[nPlayerCount], sAnnounceText)
					}
				}
to
Code:
				if ((nAnnounceMode == 2) || (nAnnounceMode == 3))
				{
					get_players(nPlayers, nPlayerNum, "bc") // dead players
					set_hudmessage(000, 100, 255, -1.0, 0.01, 0, 0.0, 10.0, 0.5, 0.10, 1)	// show list at lower position for them so it is not covered by the "spectator bars"
					for (nPlayerCount = 0; nPlayerCount < nPlayerNum; nPlayerCount++)
					{
						format(sAnnounceText, MAX_MENUBODY_LEN - 1, "%L^n%s", nPlayers[nPlayerCount], "MSG_SAY_SERVER", sAnnounceBody)
						show_hudmessage(nPlayers[nPlayerCount], sAnnounceText)
					}
				}

Last edited by BoK | Krazy; 07-28-2006 at 14:30.
Send a message via AIM to BoK | Krazy
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2006 , 16:47   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoK | Krazy
Awesome plugin. Running on my servers now.
+karma

Just one thing. Could you make an option that when you have "redirect_announce_mode 2" that the displaying text will show on the top and not just in the middle of the screen like "redirect_announce_mode 1".

Or could you tell me if I am right with changing this:
the menu would be covered by the bar on top that spectator mode has. that's the reason why i chose a lower menu position for dead people. in NS the problem is even there for living people. so i won't change it in the official plugin.

but for your specific needs you can of course change the positions to whatever you want. the code change you posted should be fine

i would still be interested in your reason to do this. if it makes sense maybe i can add it as option. probably it would be a good idea anyway to just add 2 CVAR's to set x:y positions of both the alive and the dead announcements.
Old 07-28-2006 , 17:18   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR
the menu would be covered by the bar on top that spectator mode has. that's the reason why i chose a lower menu position for dead people. in NS the problem is even there for living people. so i won't change it in the official plugin.
ooo ok. I will make sure I keep this in concentration when tweaking it.
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2006 , 00:10   beta update 0.7.5b

ok, finally version 0.7.5b is out. i decided to split up versions into beta and stable. read the new section in the main text about the differences between beta and stable for more information.

as there is, as always, a changelog i will only mention some few things here:
as promised to superbulette.nordend there is now redirect_user. you can now just redirect_user <name> [<destination server>]. this was also already suggested earlier by Lt Llama. but wait, the initial idea behind this command was that other plugins could use this plugins' redirect funtion as well. a better solution to provide it's functionality to another plugin is the usage of natives. so i added a native called just "redirect()". the include file serverredirect.inc is needed which is attached in the main post - it should be copied to /scripting/include/.
so a plugin coder can:
Code:
#include <serverredirect> redirect(3, -1) // redirect user index 3 to random server or next server in list redirect(4, 0) // redirect user index 4 to server 1 redirect(1, 2) // redirect user index 1 to server 3
note that i did not test this myself yet. i will try later. but by theory it should already work

after Lt Llama told me that TFC does not support coloured menues the plugin will now detect whether TFC is running and in this case display the menu without colors.

BoK | Krazy wasn't happy with the announcement position, so i decided to add new settings. now there are new CVAR's that control the announcement position. for testing positions to find the best the new command redirect_announce_now can be useful, e.g. for Natural Selection i figured redirect_announce_alivepos_y 0.05 is a good setting where the default 0.01 would be covered partially by the top hud.

hope i made some people of you happy with this update

in the next time i probably won't have too much time for this plugin. i will still fix bugs but don't add new features.
the reason for this is that i will be working on something bigger (of course AMXX related). unlike the redirection plugin it is useful for a much wider range of people (that is, everyone with a server with AMXX).

Last edited by xOR; 07-30-2006 at 00:27.
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-30-2006 , 03:11   Re: Server redirection

Wow, I can't believe I had overseen this plugin for two weeks !

Good idea, excellent realization and a perfect description/changelog - great!

I want to use this on my servers, actually running a simple adminslot
plugin. This brings me to my first questions regarding:
Quote:
redirect_auto
This only affects players already on the server, trying to connect to another?
So I can keep my adminslot/redirection plugin, handling the players connecting
on a 'full' server (slotmax+adminslot)?

Furthermore, the options of redirect_auto do not fit my needs: I want everyone,
who tries to connect to a full server be redirected to a 'hardcoded' server, not
a random, not the next in the list - could I realize this?

Another question regarding this:

Quote:
when the server is full (one free slot left, that is) people are automatically forwarded to a random server from the list
Hopefully I got it right and did not overread something. Is it possible to let the plugin
assume a server is full, if it's connectedplayers-1/maxplayers (e.g. 20/21)? I have a reserved
admin slot on every server, hence they are never full (21/21).
But maybe I just don't understand the sentence "one free slot left, that is", do you mean it IS considering a server with one slot left as a full server?

As you can see in my sig, I run a couple of servers on two boxes (=two IPs).
This makes me a victim of point 1 of your known issues section . Nevertheless
I will give it a try, because the information about map/players is one of the
most important features for me. Please keep trying to fix this.
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-30-2006 , 04:03   Re: Server redirection

I got an error with 0.7.5b:

Quote:
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: String formatted incorrectly - parameter 6 (total 5)
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect-beta.amxx")
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] Run time error 25: parameter error
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect-beta.sma::(null) (line 660)
my serverlist.ini:

Quote:
[italy RUSH ONLY]
address=85.214.36.125
port=27015

[sHclachthaus]
address=87.106.1.37
port=27035

[TittyTwister DeathMatch]
address=85.214.36.125
port=27025

[chilled kreedzing]