Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Redirect

Post New Thread Reply   

ViPer
Old 10-19-2004 , 07:04   Redirect
Reply With Quote #1

It would be great if one could redirect people that are trying to connect to a full server, and i think this feature should be built in!!
This would be great for those who have a partnership with some servers or if one has a network of servers(like i do).
I hope u get my idea

imported_YoMama
Old 10-19-2004 , 09:26   Re: Redirect
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPer
It would be great if one could redirect people that are trying to connect to a full server, and i think this feature should be built in!!
This would be great for those who have a partnership with some servers or if one has a network of servers(like i do).
I hope u get my idea

I agree this could be a good feature for some... But not built in. Via a plugin would do the trick nicely, and that way ppl can decide what functionality they want to use... let's keep the core nice and clean
Send a message via ICQ to imported_YoMama Send a message via MSN to imported_YoMama
FullThrottle
Old 10-19-2004 , 11:18  
Reply With Quote #3

Nice and clean core woot! Ya the forwarding plugin has always been nice but isn't a absolute need to manage a server. But the plugin idea is a good one and can't wait to see it come out.
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-20-2004 , 17:15  
Reply With Quote #4

Thats been done, KingPin (From the AMX Mod X forums, did this for his server to send some guys to my server.) I dont know if he still has the code, I know I dont.
Old 10-20-2004 , 18:57  
Reply With Quote #5

I wouldnt mind using a redirect plugin, so long as it popped up a msg saying something like "This server is currently full, would you like to be redirected to <add your server here>?" and then given a yes/no option.

I have used redirect scripts in the past with original CS, and I know a lot of players would get pissed off being redirected without them knowing exactly what happened or even what server they were redirected to. Having options is always a good thing.
Cire3
Old 12-26-2004 , 13:19  
Reply With Quote #6

I have 2 other guys, and we all run our servers the exact same way. We even share admin. The problem is that even with 20 player servers, we still dont have enough room. A redirect plugin wouldn't hurt the client, he's still playing with the same regulars. Just might be at another server. You do look at the MOTD page before you enter to read the rules right ?

That might clue you on where you are and what rules are enforced. And this is the server owners choice, not the client that uses it.

So thanks for letting us run our servers.

www.SAClanserver.com

And GREAT JOB Source team, have a Happy Christmas and New Year !!