Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files

Post New Thread Reply   

stece
Old 05-03-2022 , 14:37   Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files
Reply With Quote #1

A while ago we started writing a Sourcemod, originally our sourcemod dependencies were just in the include folder of our project.

After a while, we divided our include folder into include/engine containing sourcemod and include/thirdparty to include other libraries.

On my computer, Visiual Studio is unable to compile. It gives an error:
Code:
\scripting\include\engine/json.inc(40) : fatal error 183: cannot read from file: "json/definitions"
Which basically is that it doesn't find the correct files in the include/engine/json folder, while it most definitely is there.

My co-author doesn't have this issue and doesn't remember changing any config. So I don't understand why I'm having issues. Is there a config for the Visual Studio Sourcemod plugin where you need to change a sourcemod path or something? I've checked and don't see any. :/
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-04-2022 , 09:24   Re: Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files
Reply With Quote #2

The relative include path behaviour is different pre-1.11 between Linux and Windows (due to a bug).
Old 05-05-2022 , 02:51   Re: Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The relative include path behaviour is different pre-1.11 between Linux and Windows (due to a bug).
Can I change it somewhere?
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2022 , 07:58   Re: Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files
Reply With Quote #4

My preferred approach here is to have third-party includes in a separate directory within the project, then pass -i to specify the additional include paths.

Not sure how well your IDE of choice handles project-specific compile flags though; I have my own mostly free-standing build tooling for it.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2022 , 13:37   Re: Issue with my dev environment, during compile it cannot find files
Reply With Quote #5

...pure guess.
From project "properties", try add folder in here "Additional Include Directories"
Name:  Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.07 - 20.33.18.66.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  94.8 KB