Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Map Manager Modular

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management       
Mistrick
Old 06-18-2022 , 08:20   Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #1

Description
Modular version of the map manager.
The purpose of the development is the unification of the map manager for any server and a more flexible configuration system.
From now on, you decide what functionality you need and what not, enabling or disabling additional plugins. You can also add your own using the provided API.

Requirements
Installed AMXX v1.9+

Required modules:
map_manager_core - Core functions for setting up voting.
map_manager_scheduler - Module for automatic launch of voting.
- Start vote by timeleft, rounds left(works with cvars "mp_winlimit", "mp_maxrounds"), fragsleft(only regamedll function, cvar "mp_fraglimit").
- Vote in new round - allows you to end the current round
- Last round - allows you to end the round after voting
- Second vote - additional vote with two maps with the most votes.
- Change to default map - changes a map by default only when the last player left, after that the usual rotation of cards in the list continues.
- Map extension.
Optional modules. Enabled and disabled depending on the desire of the server owner:
map_manager_rtv - The ability to vote for an early map change.
map_manager_nomination - possibility of nominations.
- Fast nomination with message in chat.
Example: You have "de_dust" and "de_dust2" in your map list. When writing "dust" in the chat, you will be shown a menu with all maps containing "dust" to clarify the nomination.
- Menu with a list of all maps(by default "/maps" in chat)
map_manager_blocklist - Module for blocking the last played maps from getting into the voting.
map_manager_online_sorter - Module for displaying maps in voting for the current online.
Read "maps.ini" for setup information.
Read about cvar "mapm_only_external_vote_items". By default, maps not for the current online are added if there are not enough maps for the current online to fill all the slots.
map_manager_effects - Module for visual effects.
- Black screen when voting is in progress.
- Block chat and voice.
- Freeze players.
map_manager_informer - Chat commands for info. Timeleft, thetime, nextmap, currentmap.
map_manager_adv_lists - Scheduler for lists of maps. Allows you to set specific maps lists at specific times of the day. Check settings in "maplists.ini"
map_manager_sounds - Module for sounds in vote. Check settings in "map_manager_settings.ini"
map_manager_priority - Basic version of map priorities, allows you to increase or decrease the chance of getting maps in the vote.
map_manager_gui - Experimental GUI version of vote based on sprites. Try if you can handle sprites and module config. Not finished, may contain bugs. Preview 1, Preview 2
Map Manager: YaPB Freeze Bots

Commands
say maps, /maps - menu of nominations (If the map_manager_nominatoin.amxx module is present)
say rtv, /rtv - voting for an early map change (If the map_manager_rtv.amxx module is present)
say timeleft - shows the time until the end of the map (if the map_manager_informer.amxx module is present)
say thetime - shows the current time of the server (if the map_manager_informer.amxx module is present)
say nextmap - shows the next map (if the map_manager_informer.amxx module is present)
say currentmap - shows the current map (if the map_manager_informer.amxx module is present)
mapm_start_vote - start voting
mapm_stop_vote - stop voting

Main settings placed in map_manager.cfg, some additional settings in map_manager_settings.ini

Maps.ini documentation:
HTML Code:
; Format
; <map name> [min players, def 0] [max players, def 32] [priority, def 100]
; Examples:
; de_nuke
; de_dust 0 10
; de_dust2 5 32 70
Priority meaning
With a priority of 100, there are no restrictions for the map, if the priority is 1 then the map has 1% to get into the vote.

GUI pack documentation:
Pack is a sprite. The sprite limit is 255 frames, i.e. You can add a maximum of 255 pictures with maps per pack.
Each pack must contain two service frames. Zero is an unknown map, the first is an extension of the current one.
I don't know how to create sprites, don't ask me about it.

API documentation located here.

Q&A
Chat commands don't work
If chat commands don't work for you, then make sure your chat manager is lower in the list of plugins than my addons.
Because of the separate plugin.ini file, my addons are often loaded after the default plugins.ini file. It turns out that your chat manager is above and blocks commands for my addons.
Solution: write a chat manager on the last line of the plugins-map_manager.ini

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Full changelog on Github

Before reporting a bug, make sure you are using the latest version from Github. I do not often form releases but I do fixes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_manager_modular_v3.1.5.zip (1.59 MB, 650 views)

Last edited by Mistrick; 02-11-2023 at 16:49.
Siska1
Old 06-19-2022 , 17:44   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #2

This plugin has the option to vote at the beginning of the map, but once a map is selected, the nominations and RTV stop working. It would be better if you fixed this before uploading the plugin, otherwise it's a good idea to update this plugin, because it's my favorite plugin... but I think this is an incredible omission...
Old 06-19-2022 , 18:19   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siska1 View Post
This plugin has the option to vote at the beginning of the map
It doesn't have this option. The vote must always be before the end of the map. If the vote is over then the map must be changed under the terms of the end of time or round.
I don't understand why you need the option to select the next map at the beginning of the current one and then continue playing on the current map with the ability to change the previous selection.
bigdaddy424
Old 06-20-2022 , 00:42   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #4

Old 06-20-2022 , 01:24   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistrick View Post
It doesn't have this option. The vote must always be before the end of the map. If the vote is over then the map must be changed under the terms of the end of time or round.
I don't understand why you need the option to select the next map at the beginning of the current one and then continue playing on the current map with the ability to change the previous selection.
This is necessary for a certain mode, but that's not the point. You left this option in the plugin to work exactly this way, and then you stopped it so that it can no longer be used. There is no logic in this thing ???
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2022 , 09:23   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
This is necessary for a certain mode, but that's not the point. You left this option in the plugin to work exactly this way, and then you stopped it so that it can no longer be used. There is no logic in this thing ???
Defeats the purpose of the plugin. Not sure what you're going about when that is not the intention... of almost ANY map manager plugin
Old 06-21-2022 , 04:31   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Defeats the purpose of the plugin. Not sure what you're going about when that is not the intention... of almost ANY map manager plugin
I'm sorry, but I don't understand a word of this sentence! The point is that it is a terrible paradox to do something and then limit it so that it cannot be used.
Old 06-21-2022 , 08:07   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand a word of this sentence! The point is that it is a terrible paradox to do something and then limit it so that it cannot be used.
Are you sure you are talking about my addon?
Mar 19, 2018 - start of addon development
Mar 25, 2018 - blocked rtv after the end of voting
Did you use my addon during a period of time where it wasn't even an alpha version?
The first release version was released on September 23, 2018.
I have never made the function you are talking about. If you have achieved this with the settings, then this is an unexpected work of the addon.
AllMassive
Old 08-31-2022 , 07:49   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #9

Now back to the Topic:

This is a really nice Mapmanager-Plugin and i love the possibility to define min/max/priority in just one file.
Also that its possible to 'pause' the Game for the Vote is great.
Dont get why this isnt approved......
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2022 , 13:21   Re: Map Manager Modular
Reply With Quote #10

A lot of good plugins aren't in approved section because not all approvers have enough time to check them all, specially big ones.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo