Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AM logo

Post New Thread Reply   

kww
Old 05-05-2022 , 13:11   AM logo
Reply With Quote #1

Would its color scheme be changed to support UA? As it was changed for "the pride"
Discord: kww#9951

Last edited by kww; 05-05-2022 at 13:12.
bigdaddy424
Old 05-05-2022 , 19:54   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #2

Why bring politics into a forum about game scripting? Unreasonable. Can't support a country with some pixels on a website.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2022 , 20:54   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #3

You started this thread on the AM logo last time, did you not read asherkin's response?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=333895
Old 05-25-2022 , 15:11   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
You started this thread on the AM logo last time, did you not read asherkin's response?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=333895
That was such a half-assed response from asherkin. No one likes forced/fake pandering, not even the LGBTQ+ community or Ukrainians. Imposing the community into the website's politics, divides people more often than it unites them. And yes, it should go without saying that I support the above, before you call me words that don't mean anything. Keep AlliedModders neutral, away from politics, and game-related.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-27-2022 , 18:45   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
That was such a half-assed response from asherkin. No one likes forced/fake pandering, not even the LGBTQ+ community or Ukrainians.
This may be surprising, but we do it for ourselves mainly - a number of the AM staff are LGBTQ+ (including myself who does the logo each year).
Old 05-28-2022 , 02:16   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
This may be surprising, but we do it for ourselves mainly - a number of the AM staff are LGBTQ+ (including myself who does the logo each year).
And dump us in your own political agenda? People can see through this, you know right? Also, I saw you censor my post for pointing out something logically reasonable, pretty cool!

Last edited by KrazyKat; 05-28-2022 at 02:18.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-28-2022 , 05:47   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
And dump us in your own political agenda?
Ah yes, the political agenda of... existing.
Old 05-25-2022 , 10:04   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
Would its color scheme be changed to support UA? As it was changed for "the pride"
It appears blue and yellow to me. Blue symbol then yellow AlliedModders.

Here's a gameplayer message join that by coincidence is blue and yellow. I liked how the map Merlin's text looks when players join, so I translated it to Amxx to beautify all mods and maps.
Old 06-01-2022 , 12:29   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #9

The people complaining about the logo changes every year are the only ones who see the whole thing as a "political agenda." As a straight man myself, I've never seen an issue with this. I can see how you would consider it "pandering" if you're not aware that some of the staff members are LGBTQIA+, but labeling it as a "political agenda" is so extreme. You're entitled to your own opinions and we're entitled to disagreeing with you.

By the way, if you really want to play the "you're going off-topic" card here, this section of the forum is titled "Off-Topic" so complaining about going off-topic on an off-topic thread in an off-topic section of the forum is pointless.
Old 06-01-2022 , 18:37   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
The people complaining about the logo changes every year are the only ones who see the whole thing as a "political agenda." As a straight man myself, I've never seen an issue with this. I can see how you would consider it "pandering" if you're not aware that some of the staff members are LGBTQIA+, but labeling it as a "political agenda" is so extreme. You're entitled to your own opinions and we're entitled to disagreeing with you.

By the way, if you really want to play the "you're going off-topic" card here, this section of the forum is titled "Off-Topic" so complaining about going off-topic on an off-topic thread in an off-topic section of the forum is pointless.
Some of them, including myself see it as blatant propaganda being shoved down our throats, despite never being against the LGBTQIA+ community and agreeing that they can prefer whosoever they choose.

Many of them, however are genuinely curious as to why only this specific community is given special attention, when there are millions of other communities (including theirs) which would make people more aware and knowledgeable about them. To not acknowledge them but other communities makes people honestly wonder: "Do I have to be Gay/etc. to get such attention?".

Therefore, this seems like forced pandering to me, and not something they really care about in a larger sense, but do just because they look more advertiser/corporate-friendly. This comes out as extremely disingenuous on their part, but they are reluctant to accept it due to their biases.

Lets say they do have a few members who identify to be in that community, so what? The majority of this community are people who do not identify as such, and some of them honestly do not even care about what's happening. For example, would you like someone's stances on religion/guns/abortion to show up as a logo too, just because a few people think it deserves attention?

So why do I care about it? To me, the LGBTQIA+ community divides more than unites each other. I don't like divisions based on sexuality or gender, and treat the people in the community with the same respect that I would give to anyone who's a Male or a Female.

The less you force it upon people, the more accepting they become (if that's what worries you). I don't want to glorify anyone, but rather treat them as they would treat me. They don't need any special treatment from you, or me, or from this community, to feel that they belong, because they already do, no matter what anyone says.

A logo isn't going to make them feel any better, and many of them already see through the corporate bullshit that most companies prefer doing during Pride Month. It would rather divide more people who think: "Why doesn't our X community have a logo, a day, a month, etc. too?" like the OP pointed out. Love for all, not for one.

[Off-Topic]
In regards to what you're saying, I know this is an off-topic thread. However, DrugZog talking about me instead of the topic at hand by was definitely off-topic, and I pointed it out. For context though, one of my posts was removed for being on-topic by the incompetent moderator asherkin, which made no sense whatsoever and was to the point.

I stated that instead of paying people hundreds of dollars to those who barely code and mostly edit, and then regretting it, they should ask for help in this community, and probably receive it if they told us what issue they were facing for free (which was a little condescending to be honest, to make the author not waste money on stupid ventures). However, due to the mod's personal biases, my post was censored for being "off-topic". Natsheh stated the exact same thing and didn't get censored, and that gave it all away.

Last edited by KrazyKat; 06-01-2022 at 18:48.