Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:GO Reserved slots?

Post New Thread Reply   

paterinvictus
Old 09-16-2012 , 18:41   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #41

we have a 26 Man Server.

-sourcemod.cfg
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 2
sm_reserved_slots 7
sm_hide_slots 0

-server.cfg
sv_visiblemaxplayers 25

Still saying "Failed To Join. Server Is Full"
VJScope
Old 09-16-2012 , 20:24   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickCR View Post
Props to Mursie for providing this config. It's working!

It is important to note that it does not restrict who gets the reserved slot. It will give it to anyone.

What is the logic behind the reserved slot? Does it kick someone to keep the server at the visiblemaxplayers? As it stands now it looks like the reserved slot is keeping players in those slots and not booting them.

Our setup:

We have a 26 slot server
We have visiblemaxplayers 24
We have reserved 8

We had a full server 24/24, we had an admin try he got in the backdoor no problem server went 25/24. Then we asked a regular player to join in the backdoor and sure enough 26/24 and no one was kicked.

Thanks in advance for your help!
But that means reserved slot is useless for 30 slot servers? Okay, you got some extra players in your server for a while but I need 1 place for admins only.
Old 09-16-2012 , 20:31   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #43

I think the guy that configured it did it wrong. Going to test it out and see what happens. I don't believe he did the kicktype or the reserve_type. Have set both, will see.
paterinvictus
Old 09-16-2012 , 21:52   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterinvictus View Post
we have a 26 Man Server.

-sourcemod.cfg
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 2
sm_reserved_slots 7
sm_hide_slots 0

-server.cfg
sv_visiblemaxplayers 25

Still saying "Failed To Join. Server Is Full"

Well....This is now working on our server. I coulda sworn it wasnt realier however all the appropriate people are able to join and random people are now getting kicked. so far so good? Knocks on wood! We're going to upgrade to a 27 Man server to have it full at 26/26. Thus changing sm_reserved_slots to 6 and sv_visiblemaxplayers 26

Last edited by paterinvictus; 09-16-2012 at 21:54.
nickCR
Old 09-17-2012 , 01:48   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Well....This is now working on our server. I coulda sworn it wasnt realier however all the appropriate people are able to join and random people are now getting kicked. so far so good? Knocks on wood! We're going to upgrade to a 27 Man server to have it full at 26/26. Thus changing sm_reserved_slots to 6 and sv_visiblemaxplayers 26
I had put that command sm_reserve_kicktype 2 in the server.cfg because when I search for it, it's not in the sourcemod.cfg.

I am doing an experiment to see what happens with 26 visible and 7 reserved. I wonder if it will work and maybe even allow connection from the lobby. May or may not work, I'll report back.
VJScope
Old 09-17-2012 , 05:14   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
We have 31 slots and tried these configs.. still seems to be kicking all players except admins weird
Old 09-17-2012 , 07:32   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJScope View Post
We have 31 slots and tried these configs.. still seems to be kicking all players except admins weird
If you have a 31 player server, assume that Steam thinks its 32. So your Setup would be as follows:

-sourcemod.cfg
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 2
sm_reserved_slots 2
sm_hide_slots 0

-server.cfg
sv_visiblemaxplayers 30 (<---remove this from gamemodes_server.txt)

-admin_overrides.cfg
"sm_reskick_immunity" "o"

-admins_simple.ini (or admins.cfg)
//Playername
"Steam_1:0:XXXXX" "ao"

Make sure you change the Steam_0: to Steam_1: if it's not already. CS:GO uses the new SteamID format.

With this setup, anyone with admin or "ao" flag must use console and type connect you.re.ip.here:port to connect to your server. Anyone without the "o" flag has a chance of being booted.

Last edited by paterinvictus; 09-29-2012 at 20:02.
VJScope
Old 09-17-2012 , 11:57   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
If you have a 31 player server, assume that Steam thinks its 32. So your Setup would be as follows:

-sourcemod.cfg
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 2
sm_reserved_slots 2
sm_hide_slots 0

-server.cfg
sv_visiblemaxplayers 30 (<---remove this from gamemodes_server.txt)

-admin_levels.cfg
"sm_reskick_immunity" "o"

-admins_simple.ini (or admins.cfg)
//Playername
"Steam_1:0:XXXXX" "ao"

Make sure you change the Steam_0: to Steam_1: if it's not already. CS:GO uses the new SteamID format.

With this setup, anyone with admin or "ao" flag must use console and type connect you.re.ip.here:port to connect to your server. Anyone without the "o" flag has a chance of being booted.
All is same except admins_simple.ini. I use admins.cfg. Maybe I should try with .ini?
Old 09-17-2012 , 19:42   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #49

So we tried on a 26 slot server...

reserved 7
visible 26

Unfortunately it didn't work as I was hoping, it keeps the server at 25 players. There is some delay in kicking players though. If this worked it would have allowed connections from the main screen. Anyway no big deal just upgraded to 27 slots and will change reserved to 6.

Last edited by nickCR; 09-17-2012 at 19:43.
paterinvictus
Old 09-17-2012 , 21:15   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickCR View Post
So we tried on a 26 slot server...

reserved 7
visible 26

Unfortunately it didn't work as I was hoping, it keeps the server at 25 players. There is some delay in kicking players though. If this worked it would have allowed connections from the main screen. Anyway no big deal just upgraded to 27 slots and will change reserved to 6.
You have to make it Visible 25 for it to work.

And no, it will NOT work on the main screen. You HAVE to type CONNECT IPORT to join.