Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Please help

Post New Thread Reply   

whiteboikyle
Old 10-23-2005 , 22:41   Please help
Reply With Quote #1

Ok i downloaded a program and when i extract it to my computer it wont show up? so then i tried it again and still didn't work..

Free sigs for anyone. i can change the name to any of them PM me if u would like any of them
[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
Send a message via AIM to whiteboikyle Send a message via MSN to whiteboikyle Send a message via Yahoo to whiteboikyle
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2005 , 22:59  
Reply With Quote #2

... w t f are you talking about
Old 10-23-2005 , 23:07  
Reply With Quote #3

ok i went to a site of my friends and he made a program and i wanted to try it out.. i downloaded it to my comp.. then extracted it.. and when it says view extacted files i click yes.. and the file isn't there..

Free sigs for anyone. i can change the name to any of them PM me if u would like any of them
[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
Send a message via AIM to whiteboikyle Send a message via MSN to whiteboikyle Send a message via Yahoo to whiteboikyle
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2005 , 23:29  
Reply With Quote #4

maybe if you gave us the url it would help?
Old 10-24-2005 , 00:37  
Reply With Quote #5

well i dont have it anymore.. but it happened to me before my comp thinks it has a virus in it but it doesn't so it wont let it on my comp un extracted and i dono how to fix it.

[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2005 , 07:04  
Reply With Quote #6

it prob does have a virus in it.....
and unless you have a total for shit virus scanner it would not just delete something without alerting you.
And why dont you just disable the freaking virus scanner when you want to run your virus filled application?
Old 10-24-2005 , 21:57  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
it prob does have a virus in it.....
and unless you have a total for shit virus scanner it would not just delete something without alerting you.
And why dont you just disable the freaking virus scanner when you want to run your virus filled application?
how do u disable it.. like down in the box by the time i disabled it from there but when i go to control pannel>security center.. it says its still on..

[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
guy
Old 10-24-2005 , 22:45  
Reply With Quote #8

www.avast.com
Also make sure you actually downloaded the file and didn't try to put it into a temporary directory. It happens to me sometimes, but I have firefox clear the cache every time it's closed. If the program came from "your friend" and "his site" I highly doubt it's a virus. Basically what I've gathered is that you can't download a .zip (?) file and extract it, and you believe you got a virus from one of your friends which in turn has no inherent effect on your computer. Yeah. Riiight. Do the scan, if nothing shows up do start -> run -> msconfig then go to start up. Make sure nothing sketchy is in there (you can see path directory so don't act like a retard at this stage) and that's about it.
Old 10-25-2005 , 21:44  
Reply With Quote #9

alrighty listen.. i download a zip file NO VIRUSES AT ALL!!!! i scanned and did msconfig.. but when i extract it from the winrar it says cant extract all files some may contain viruses.. dono what to do.

[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2005 , 22:21  
Reply With Quote #10

learn how to use a computer, then come back.