Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2016 , 12:45   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
It seems like every time I try to fix the weapons bug, it keeps popping back up.

Also, I've been told that the SteamTools extension may be breaking now, so if you find your PropHunt server doesn't talk to the item server, that's why.

PropHunt is smart enough to have SteamTools as an optional dependency and the next major version will also support SteamWorks for the same functionality (SteamWorks isn't broken).
thanks for the response, have you posted any info on how to config the PHR server to "talk to the item server" ? I guess I have not seen how to set that up as opposed to using steamtools.ext.so
*I also have socket.ext.so there
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2016 , 18:45   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
thanks for the response, have you posted any info on how to config the PHR server to "talk to the item server" ? I guess I have not seen how to set that up as opposed to using steamtools.ext.so
*I also have socket.ext.so there
Well, removing the SteamTools extension will get the server to talk to the item server again.

I've finally started testing PropHunt Redux 3.4.0.0 which, among other things, adds support for the SteamWorks extension as a potential replacement for SteamTools.

I fixed a bunch of bugs I've discovered in the new version (including one where PropHunt was allowing random classes on RED).

However, I know of two bugs that still exist in 3.4:
  • There's something going wrong with the weapon replacement system. I actually managed to crash my server just by having a pair of items that were being replaced at the same time (out of edicts). I may know how to fix this, I just need to work on it. Note: This may have existed in 3.3, but it's much more obvious in 3.4 because I've upped the number of weapon replacements going on.
  • Something odd is going on in the weapon replacement system when players die. I suspect it only happens when Last Prop mode starts, but I need to do more testing to make sure. It looks like it's trying to give weapons to dead players. This may just be to the player that just died; I need to do additional testing to verify.
    • This bug is probably in 3.3 as well, as Last Prop mode didn't change in 3.4. However, in 3.3, there are only 2 items that weapon replacements apply to so it wasn't triggered as often.

One of the goals dealing with weapons in 3.4 is to make sure only entire slots are blocked.

This means that, since we're allowing shields and the Sticky Jumper for DemoMan that all players should be given one of these. This change was implemented by making the normal stickybomb launchers shoot out Sticky Jumper projectiles.

Sniper was affected by this more. The new code replaces Sniper Rifles with the Huntsman. It also replaces the SMGs with Jarate. Note that unlike the DemoMan changes, if Valve cracks down on giving players weapons they don't own, these weapon replacements will change back to blocks.

Things that are working correctly in 3.4:
  • The game remembers the last hunter class you played instead of resetting you to Pyro every time.
  • Players are respawned if they die during setup time. (this can be disabled via cvar)
  • Using gamedata to tell TF2 to switch teams without requiring DHooks.
    • In fact, Valve changed where team score switching is being done so that PropHunt no longer has to do it itself.
    • This now plays nice with the Arena Scramble without use_queue plugin.
  • The updated logic to grab the map name. For example, ph_nightclub_v2.cfg is now a valid configuration file name, as is ph_courtyard.cfg.
    • Includes Workshop maps on SM 1.8. For instance, for this map as long as you have workshop/464901858 in your mapcycle.txt or tf_workshop_map_sync 464901858 in your autoexec.cfg / server.cfg, PropHunt will figure out that it needs ph_cchotel_b3.cfg or ph_cchotel.cfg for it.
  • SteamWorks integration. You can see it by checking the game listed for tf2.rbemrose.com:27015 (my PH 3.4 test server). SteamTools is no longer present on that server.
  • PropHunt tag adding. Removing needs to be tested, but if adding the tag is working I have no reason to think that removal isn't.
  • The attributes changes for Stickybomb launchers. Now, instead of being removed, they are turned into Sticky Jumpers and have their self-damage lowered to 0.

Stuff I still need to test on 3.4:
  • Updater integration.

Updater integration is kinda/sorta important because servers that use it can get new gamedata and weapon configurations1 pushed down... or at least get notified when new versions are available.

1PropHunt Redux 4.0 is going to redo this anyway. I'm getting really tired of having to manually add every single reskin, so it will operate on the weapon type instead, with overrides for specific weapons if they need to be blocked/modified. Or in the cast of StickyBomb Launcher, leaving the sticky jumper alone as it's already correctly configured.

Edit: I will note that 3.4 does have a call to TF2_RemoveAllWeapons if it detects a RED player using weapons, but since I have yet to see that happening...

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-31-2016 at 19:14.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2016 , 16:38   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #583

@Powerlord, well thanks for the replies, continued focus, and efforts. Be happy to help test 3.4 when and if you wish.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-02-2016 , 21:15   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #584

Fixed the previous two bugs, only for a new one to appear.

I'm not sure what's happening, but the weapon replacement system gets confused after you change teams.

It's not just once, either. For some reason, it kept trying to replace one of my sniper items with a pistol even after I changed to Pyro and back. I have no idea why.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-03-2016 , 01:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #585

OK, so I worked around that bug at the moment... seems to be a timing bug with when the player_spawn even is being called versus when OnGiveNamedItem and post_inventory_application are happening. I worked around it temporarily by making OGNI stop running if you're a blue player playing a class that's not allowed.

So, anyway, here's the second beta of PropHunt Redux 3.4.

Here's what's new in PropHunt 3.4:
  • PropHunt now requires SourceMod 1.8 to compile, but not to run.
  • PropHunt Config
    • Sniper Rifles are now switched to Huntsman instead of being blocked.
    • SMGs are now switched to Jarate instead of being blocked.
    • All Stickybomb Launchers now act like the Sticky Jumper instead of being blocked.
    • New sounds were added for First Blood.
  • Added support for the SteamWorks extension. It does the same thing SteamTools does, but seems to be less likely to break.
  • Added support for the Updater plugin, but this hasn't yet been activated (or tested...).
  • Dropped support for TF2Attributes. We really only used it to block fall damage sounds anyway.
  • Dropped support for DHooks.
    • PropHunt now tells the gamerules object to switch teams directly. The tf2-switch-teams.txt gamedata file tells it how to do this.
    • Team scores are also switched as appropriate. This greatly improves support for the Arena Scramble without use queue plugin (which just had a gamedata update of its own).
  • PropHunt disables the built-in First Blood and instead handles the First Blood sounds itself. 30 seconds is a fast first blood 30-90 seconds is normal, over 90 is slow.
  • Unofficial support for multi-round PropHunt maps... although the game engine itself doesn't support it very well.
  • Workshop maps are now supported if you're using SourceMod 1.8. Of course, the current release versions of UMC and MapChooser Extended don't support them very well, so...
  • PropHunt now has better logic for determining configuration file names. For example, you can have separate config files for ph_nightclub_v1 and ph_nightclub_v2... or just use ph_nightclub for both.
  • All prop_dynamic Control Points on a map are automatically set to use VPhysics. This should fix any issues with the control point not healing people.
  • PropHunt remembers the last Hunter class you were playing and changes you to it when you switch back to the Hunter team.
  • The PropHunt tag is now automatically added to servers if it's not already present... only if PropHunt is running that is.
  • Yet another attempt to block props from having weapons.

Known bugs:
  • If you allow the same classes on both teams, weapon replacements may bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prophunt-redux-3.4.0.0-beta2.zip (152.0 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-03-2016 at 01:23.
unlucky ducky
Old 02-09-2016 , 16:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #586

Quote:
It seems like every time I try to fix the weapons bug, it keeps popping back up.
I've actually noticed the exact opposite thing. On my server it actually seems to correctly remove the weapons now whenever that glitch happens.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2016 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky ducky View Post
I've actually noticed the exact opposite thing. On my server it actually seems to correctly remove the weapons now whenever that glitch happens.
Well, I'm hoping that forcing TF2 itself to do the actual team switching in PH 3.4 will prevent the weapon issue from happening. Then again, using DHooks to do it in 3.3 should have already done it...

Edit: ...and when I broke class blocking a while back, it wasn't stripping weapons from non-Scout players on RED, so it might still not be working properly.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-09-2016 at 17:51.
PCDrivers
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-10-2016 , 05:40   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #588

Likely to update statistics to keep them personal for each server?

TrollFortress Spanish Community
PCDrivers
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2016 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #589

Quote:
OK, so I worked around that bug at the moment... seems to be a timing bug with when the player_spawn even is being called versus when OnGiveNamedItem and post_inventory_application are happening. I worked around it temporarily by making OGNI stop running if you're a blue player playing a class that's not allowed.

So, anyway, here's the second beta of PropHunt Redux 3.4.

Here's what's new in PropHunt 3.4:
  • PropHunt now requires SourceMod 1.8 to compile, but not to run.
  • PropHunt Config
    • Sniper Rifles are now switched to Huntsman instead of being blocked.
    • SMGs are now switched to Jarate instead of being blocked.
    • All Stickybomb Launchers now act like the Sticky Jumper instead of being blocked.
    • New sounds were added for First Blood.
  • Added support for the SteamWorks extension. It does the same thing SteamTools does, but seems to be less likely to break.
  • Added support for the Updater plugin, but this hasn't yet been activated (or tested...).
  • Dropped support for TF2Attributes. We really only used it to block fall damage sounds anyway.
  • Dropped support for DHooks.
    • PropHunt now tells the gamerules object to switch teams directly. The tf2-switch-teams.txt gamedata file tells it how to do this.
    • Team scores are also switched as appropriate. This greatly improves support for the Arena Scramble without use queue plugin (which just had a gamedata update of its own).
  • PropHunt disables the built-in First Blood and instead handles the First Blood sounds itself. 30 seconds is a fast first blood 30-90 seconds is normal, over 90 is slow.
  • Unofficial support for multi-round PropHunt maps... although the game engine itself doesn't support it very well.
  • Workshop maps are now supported if you're using SourceMod 1.8. Of course, the current release versions of UMC and MapChooser Extended don't support them very well, so...
  • PropHunt now has better logic for determining configuration file names. For example, you can have separate config files for ph_nightclub_v1 and ph_nightclub_v2... or just use ph_nightclub for both.
  • All prop_dynamic Control Points on a map are automatically set to use VPhysics. This should fix any issues with the control point not healing people.
  • PropHunt remembers the last Hunter class you were playing and changes you to it when you switch back to the Hunter team.
  • The PropHunt tag is now automatically added to servers if it's not already present... only if PropHunt is running that is.
  • Yet another attempt to block props from having weapons.

Known bugs:
  • If you allow the same classes on both teams, weapon replacements may bug.

On this version, when BLU team Suicide in console, can move on preparation time and kill props.

TrollFortress Spanish Community
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2016 , 16:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCDrivers View Post
On this version, when BLU team Suicide in console, can move on preparation time and kill props.
I'll look into this. I probably didn't take into account that BLU players need to be re-frozen during Setup time when they're respawned.