Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading

Post New Thread Reply   

RealEdan
Old 12-09-2018 , 02:56   [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

After the latest major CS:GO update, everyone obviously had to update their SourceMod and PTaH extensions on their servers, which I followed along and did myself too...

But now I have a bit of a problem:

Some servers take AGES to restart aswell as load only some plugins, not all... I've never had this problem before, and it only happens on some of my servers, and some not. For example; I have 5 identical 5v5 servers, but only some of them have this issue, and some don't. It constantly automatically fixes itself on a random restart, and then has the problem again.

When I join the server, I can manually restart the plugins and they will then work. (sm plugins load)
But after I restart, it will return to have issues.

Specs:
HTML Code:
Currently running SM Version: 1.9 6267
PTaH Version: V1.0.9-build12 (PTaH is not the reason for this, I had the issue without it.)
Provider: NFO (6 Core Managed, Chicago)
SM Logs I get when the issue occurs:
HTML Code:
[SM] Exception reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
[SM] Unable to load plugin "sm_franugknife.smx": Fatal error during plugin initialization (ext req)
[SM] Unable to load plugin "hidecmd.smx": Fatal error during plugin initialization (ext req)
[SM] Exception reported: Failed to connect to SourceBans DB, [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'my webserver ip lol' (4)
[SM] Unable to load plugin "fix_knives.smx": Native "Franug_GetKnife" was not found
[sbpp_comms.smx] Connecting to database failed: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'nahns.site.nfoservers.com' (4)

If anyone has had a similar problem, or might know why this is occuring let me know! Been trying to figure this out for hours now.

Last edited by RealEdan; 12-12-2018 at 22:00.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2018 , 05:48   Re: [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #2

Well, the obvious guess is that one of your plugins is doing a synchronous database connection meaning that the server just sits there while it tries to connect until it times out.

Of course, even if the plugins were fixed to use the asynchronous connect method instead, the root cause is that your database server is apparently not responding sometimes. Is there a connection limit in place on the DB server?
Old 12-09-2018 , 05:55   Re: [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Well, the obvious guess is that one of your plugins is doing a synchronous database connection meaning that the server just sits there while it tries to connect until it times out.

Of course, even if the plugins were fixed to use the asynchronous connect method instead, the root cause is that your database server is apparently not responding sometimes. Is there a connection limit in place on the DB server?
No connection limit that i'm aware of. Although our webhosting provider (NFO) states that we can allow only allow up to 50 Simultaneous connections at a time, which i'm pretty sure should not have a impact on anything...

Also, we never had this issue before the CS update :/
Old 12-11-2018 , 10:27   Re: [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #4

I had a similar problem looking at your SM logs:

[SM] Exception reported: Failed to connect to SourceBans DB, [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'my webserver ip lol' (4)
[sbpp_comms.smx] Connecting to database failed: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'nahns.site.nfoservers.com' (4)

Not the same plugin, but still uses MySQL. After investigating, it turns out that sourcemod/srcds are not able to lookup the DNS query of my mysql domain (ex. mysql.onetap.gg) and cause it to just hang and I must force-stop it from htop. Tried changing it to Cloudflare's DNS service (1.1.1.1), everything works fine.

Maybe check the DNS servers?
RealEdan
Old 12-11-2018 , 21:59   Re: [CS:GO] Long Restart, and Some plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #5

Still occurring with the direct IP of my webserver :/