Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Left8Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

Hunterbrute
Old 05-03-2009 , 04:28   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #261

Hey guys I noticed with 8 player survival you cant hit ESCAPE and call a vote so I put together something that you guys might like.
http://www.zilefile.com/files/6502_e...4-22-07-59.jpg
http://www.zilefile.com/files/6503_b...4-22-11-57.jpg

Of course a client has to call the vote, but hey its better than not being able to in the first place.
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...3&packageId=81

Last edited by Hunterbrute; 05-03-2009 at 04:45.
cpt.abort
Old 05-03-2009 , 16:26   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbrute View Post
Hey guys I noticed with 8 player survival you cant hit ESCAPE and call a vote so I put together something that you guys might like.

Of course a client has to call the vote, but hey its better than not being able to in the first place.
My friends and I hit esc and call votes just fine.
SiN
Old 05-05-2009 , 12:36   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #263

Ok wow I've been watching this mod ever since it came out i was to lazy to make a forum account finally i did and I'm going to try and help all I can.

First:
Fix the first post describing the plugin there is not an uptodate list of commands and whether these commands are boolean or simple commands.

Second:
Release canidate 3 (1.4.3T3)
shows up as version 1.4.1 when queried via console.

Third:
Why are sm_l8d_enable and sm_l8d_disable seperate? Make it a cvar please such as:

sm_l8d_on 1/0 //Boolean

This would help because sm_l8d_enable is a client side console command so say you wanted to run a dedicated 8 player survival server.

Example CFG-
sm_l8d_enable //the server will not execute this because it is a client side command to be sent to server instead of a cvar to change
mp_gamemode survival //in game command sm_l8d_gmode survival does not work without being set to survival or versus (when you enable l8d it changes the game to coop automatically)
sm_l8d_gmode survival //sets l8d game mode
sm_l8d_doubleitems 1 //Double items because if everyone grabs autoshotty they will run out at around 6.
sm_l8d_difficulty Normal //sets difficulty although mp_gamemode locks difficulty at normal for versus and survival so this command is irrelevant
sm_l8d_nobots 1/0 //Boolean set if extra bots can be spawned even if there is no player to occupy them.

Fourth:
L4D Versus Tools is not required and hasn't been for awhile sv_maxvisibleplayers 8 works fine.

Fifth:
Lobby joining locks server end of story we need a source mod plug in to stop this essentially when receiving the join message from lobby the plugin would black out the part that concerns lobby reservations, i don't pretend to know how to do this i assume its much like tricking the joining player that the game is versus and then switching back to survival.

Sixth:
I dont understand the need for sv_search_key the point of this command was to allow a gaming community to have all there servers under one key so you could search and youd get 1 of there servers. Also sv_search_key searches the white list first still doesnt it so it cause unnecessary waste of time.

ms_force_dedicated_server <IP> //forces connection to ip causing host to skip whitelist

When in a lobby make sure you MP_GAMEMODE is set correctly if you are lobby leader otherwise you may not find certain servers again ms_force_dedicated_Server bypasses this unlike sv_search_key which uses the matchmaking system.

Last edited by SiN; 05-05-2009 at 12:47.
Mad_Dugan
Old 05-05-2009 , 15:48   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN View Post
Ok wow I've been watching this mod ever since it came out i was to lazy to make a forum account finally i did and I'm going to try and help all I can.
Much appreciated.

Quote:
First:
Fix the first post describing the plugin there is not an uptodate list of commands and whether these commands are boolean or simple commands.
The plugin is being overhauled so the first post will get updated with the next release since some things will change.

Quote:
Second:
Release canidate 3 (1.4.3T3)
shows up as version 1.4.1 when queried via console.
Beta release, will be addressed

Quote:
Third:
Why are sm_l8d_enable and sm_l8d_disable seperate? Make it a cvar please such as:

sm_l8d_on 1/0 //Boolean

This would help because sm_l8d_enable is a client side console command so say you wanted to run a dedicated 8 player survival server.

Example CFG-
sm_l8d_enable //the server will not execute this because it is a client side command to be sent to server instead of a cvar to change
mp_gamemode survival //in game command sm_l8d_gmode survival does not work without being set to survival or versus (when you enable l8d it changes the game to coop automatically)
sm_l8d_gmode survival //sets l8d game mode
sm_l8d_doubleitems 1 //Double items because if everyone grabs autoshotty they will run out at around 6.
sm_l8d_difficulty Normal //sets difficulty although mp_gamemode locks difficulty at normal for versus and survival so this command is irrelevant
sm_l8d_nobots 1/0 //Boolean set if extra bots can be spawned even if there is no player to occupy them.
I am overhauling everything and do want to change how sm_l8d_enable works.

Quote:
Fourth:
L4D Versus Tools is not required and hasn't been for awhile sv_maxvisibleplayers 8 works fine.
Good to know.

Quote:
Fifth:
Lobby joining locks server end of story we need a source mod plug in to stop this essentially when receiving the join message from lobby the plugin would black out the part that concerns lobby reservations, i don't pretend to know how to do this i assume its much like tricking the joining player that the game is versus and then switching back to survival.
I, as well as others are looking in to this.

This seems to be the relevant function that blocks the change.
Code:
MPGameModeChanged(IConVar*, char const*, float)
My assembly is rusty, but I have pieced together some of the function flow. Once I figure out were it checks to see if locked by lobby, I can trace that back. Another idea is just to replace or set to NULL the callback (m_fnChangeCallback), since part of it just seems to validate that it is one of the three mode types. (Use a sourcemod callback to validate instead)

Quote:
Sixth:
I dont understand the need for sv_search_key the point of this command was to allow a gaming community to have all there servers under one key so you could search and youd get 1 of there servers. Also sv_search_key searches the white list first still doesnt it so it cause unnecessary waste of time.

ms_force_dedicated_server <IP> //forces connection to ip causing host to skip whitelist

When in a lobby make sure you MP_GAMEMODE is set correctly if you are lobby leader otherwise you may not find certain servers again ms_force_dedicated_Server bypasses this unlike sv_search_key which uses the matchmaking system.
If you have one server, MFDS is ideal, if you have several, search key might pick the one with the best ping for all 8 players.
an0n1mus1
Old 05-06-2009 , 04:53   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #265

I think the reason why the server doesn't hibernate when the campaign is over the rescue vehicle only allows 4 survivors in. Once 8 survivors are in the rescue vehicle and starts to move out of the map, the fake survivors are dropped off under the map where zombies can't reach them. And just stays alive while the endless horde keeps going unless the server is restarted.
Another one is when everyone leaves the server the bots are still in and active.

Also, the l8d.cfg is executed without the "sm_l8d_enable" being typed in. I have to move the l8d.smx to the disable folder it.

That's all I've noticed. I have been trying to edit the cfg to tune up the difficulties and so far having 3 hunters 2 boomers and 2 smokers work out pretty well.
SiN
Old 05-06-2009 , 06:34   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #266

Quote:
Also, the l8d.cfg is executed without the "sm_l8d_enable" being typed in. I have to move the l8d.smx to the disable folder it.
l8d.cfg is executed but l8d is not enabled. otherwise your server would revert to co-op first. Please post your cfg.

Quote:
Another one is when everyone leaves the server the bots are still in and active.
Have you tried using sm_l8d_nobots this should remove bots there arent any humans for until you have the original 4 left.
an0n1mus1
Old 05-07-2009 , 16:07   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #267

Quote:
l8d.cfg is executed but l8d is not enabled. otherwise your server would revert to co-op first. Please post your cfg.

Have you tried using sm_l8d_nobots this should remove bots there arent any humans for until you have the original 4 left.
In my L8d.cfg I have cvars that increase the tank hp and faster boomers and etc. Meaning if I play a VS in my server and not move the l8d.smx to disable folders,the cvars that its in the l8d.cfg folder are executed.

I have sm_l8d_noextrabots "1" so it should already be kicking bots right?
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-07-2009 , 16:20   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #268

I need more pairs of eyes trying to help me. Here is a mass list of cvars on a 99% vanilla server. apart from sv_hosting_lobby can anyone see anything to do with the lobby?
Old 05-07-2009 , 19:51   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #269

I am just going to leave this here:

CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus() (engine_i486.so)

It is a function in the core 'engine' and not in 'server', so not callable from SM?

Last edited by Mad_Dugan; 05-07-2009 at 23:41.
Dymo
Old 05-08-2009 , 00:02   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
snip
thank you very much anyways did you have another link .they show me say like that {This service is temporarily not available from your service area.} can't download it?

Last edited by devicenull; 05-15-2009 at 12:21.