Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Deleting Particles

Post New Thread Reply   

Nite
Old 10-08-2012 , 01:34   [TF2] Deleting Particles
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a correct way in deleting info_particle_system entities in Team Fortress 2? I tried various methods, and while most seem to work there are few Team Fortress 2 particles that do not get completely removed using those said methods. I searched the forum and found similar topics but unfortunately they weren't much help (most of them provided method I already use).

I tried using AcceptEntityInput and first using "Stop" then another AcceptEntityInput with "Kill", though I also tried using just "Kill" but result was the same. I tried using RemoveEdict but again, no difference (and I heard its not exactly safe to use). I also used UTIL_Remove (a function in HL2 SDK that deletes entity on next frame) signature scanned function through SDKCall and that gave same result as other methods above (half of particle removed but other half left behind).

So my question is, are there other ways to delete/remove (or even stop/hide) info_particle_system entities?

Thanks in advance.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2012 , 01:50   Re: [TF2] Deleting Particles
Reply With Quote #2

Some particles (such as the speech bubbles) cannot be removed by killing their entities, or at all, as far as I know.
~lick~
Old 10-08-2012 , 18:06   Re: [TF2] Deleting Particles
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Some particles (such as the speech bubbles) cannot be removed by killing their entities, or at all, as far as I know.
Each particle has a lifespan, and how ever long the life spawn is is how long the particle will stay, even when removed.