Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.6: 6 September 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

edoom
Old 08-15-2009 , 18:08   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.1: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #21

I just tried the new release and found 1 minor bug, while you have special ammo and then you use pills or throw a pipe/molotov that count as one fired bullet of the special ammo
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2009 , 19:49   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.1: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #22

I already pm'd Whosat about bug with tank getting 150 hp for some reson (getting hot meal upgrade??). Has anyone encountered this? Setting it to 0 didnt solve problem. I reverted to pre 1.0.1 version.
Old 08-15-2009 , 21:58   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.1: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunXray View Post
since i made changes, it's error when i compile it
Code:
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_HEAL            0        // Compile getting Upgrade on Healing events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_WITCH            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Witch events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_TANK            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Tank events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_KILLS            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Killing events?
#define BOOL_TRACK_MEGAKILLS        1        // Compile inclusion of minigun and blast kills in Kill Counter?
#define BOOL_TRACK_SPECIALAMMO        0        // Compile Special Ammo tracking?
#define BOOL_SHOW_SPECIALAMMO        1        // Compile showing of SpecialAmmo left on top of crosshair?
#define BOOL_ALLOW_INCENDIARY        0        // Compile Incendiary Ammo?
#define BOOL_DONT_RETAIN_UPGRADES    1        // Compile removing of upgrades on MissionLost, MapTransition, PlayerDeath?
#define BOOL_SHOW_SERVER_MESSAGES    0        // Compile PrintToServer(); messages?
#define BOOL_SELECTIVE_GAMEMODES    0        // Compile GameMode Checks?
#define BOOL_ADMIN_COMMANDS            1        // Compile admin commands?
#define BOOL_ANNOUNCE_PLUGIN        0        // Compile Announce at connect that server is running plugin?
#define BOOL_FORCE_MOTD                1        // Compile setting of motd_enabled 1 to fix servers not showing MOTD?
Will look into this. Did some big code moving in 1.0.1 might have broken some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama View Post
Are you manually spawning these tanks into the game? If so I found that to be buggy and wouldn't trigger an upgrade.

However, all of the tanks I killed that were spawned by the game seemed to trigger the correct events based on the cvars I had set. I didn't get to do extensive testing... just in general. Whosat was able to fix most of the things I came across that weren't working.

Be sure to bump his karma
Yeah manually spawned tanks almost always won't work forgot to mention that.

Quote:
el oh el
You'll have to wait for Whosat to get outta bed
Mornin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
HintText is the worst you can think of. It will be constantly before eyes; It will be conflicting with advertisments (you wont see any hint advertisments, as long as you shoting), broadcast (friendly fire), DID (which is installed on most servers and displays damage).
(...)
Quote:
Agreed, displaying as a hint message would be silly.
Yar can't imagine the HintText showing and showing. But since you guys requested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoom View Post
I just tried the new release and found 1 minor bug, while you have special ammo and then you use pills or throw a pipe/molotov that count as one fired bullet of the special ammo
Ah that yes I realised too. Will think of a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
I already pm'd Whosat about bug with tank getting 150 hp for some reson (getting hot meal upgrade??). Has anyone encountered this? Setting it to 0 didnt solve problem. I reverted to pre 1.0.1 version.
Eh. I didn't change any code relating to the upgrades in 1.0.1. Only changed the locations of code checking for convar values.
And its weird for the tank to be having 150hp. There are checks before every upgrade giving for the player's team. My guess is its l4d's survivor upgrades bug.
Does it always happen?
Old 08-15-2009 , 22:38   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #24

Version 1.0.2 is up.
Okay nonetheless I've fixed outstanding issues. (In my just-woke-up mood)
Aaaand I've not tested it (=X) BUT it should work just fine.
Code:
* Version 1.0.2
*  - Fixed Server Print message always showing that its enabled
*     (Thanks Chaotic Llama)
*  - Fixed bug where SpecialAmmo count will decrease if throwing nades 
*     or eatin' pills (Thanks edoom)
*  - Fixed Tank HP sometimes dropping to 150hp (thanks olj)
*     If you're not getting that error, change BOOL_FIX_TANKHP to 0
*  - Fixed some precompiler directives throwing out errors 
*     (thanks chunXray)
*  - Added options for SpecialAmmo tracking: surup_upgrade_specialammo_show
*     0 to not show, 1 for CenterText, 2 for HintText, 3 for ChatText
Old 08-15-2009 , 23:34   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #25

1.0.2 doesn't work, loads of these errors:

Code:
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM] Native "PrintToChat" reported: Language phrase "CHAT_YOU_GOT_UPGRADE" not found
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "KrX_surup.smx":
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM]   [0]  Line 1648, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/3/7/6/47598.attach::GiveClientSpecificUpgrade()
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM]   [1]  Line 1589, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/3/7/6/47598.attach::GiveInitialUpgrades()
L 08/15/2009 - 23:13:33: [SM]   [2]  Line 2148, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/3/7/6/47598.attach::ShowHelp()
Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 00:01   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #26

It works. You forgot to download the translation file.
Put KrX_surup.phrases.txt into sourcemod/translations/
Old 08-16-2009 , 00:21   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #27

cool, gettin' v1.0.2 now.

For the tank issue, i didn't spawn it manually. This happened when i'm playing "Dam It" map... Anyways, i've tried this plugin on other maps, it works fine.
+karma to Whosat!
Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 00:32   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by illkid69 View Post
cool, gettin' v1.0.2 now.

For the tank issue, i didn't spawn it manually. This happened when i'm playing "Dam It" map... Anyways, i've tried this plugin on other maps, it works fine.
+karma to Whosat!
Hmm then it probably has to do with the map.

Cheers!
Old 08-16-2009 , 02:03   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #29

Just about to start bashing away again. Do you mind if I modify your source slightly to get it working on my server?

Main thing that I absolutely need is for upgrades to be given to both sides on vs stopwatch.

Also, due to massive balancing concerns (i run a low grav server) I need to be able to run infected bots with no conflict.

interesting
#if DEBUG_EXPERIMENTAL
#if BOOL_DONT_RETAIN_UPGRADES
new g_Upgrades_Dead[MAXPLAYERS+1]; // Tracks for dead players (to give new upgrades when they respawn)
#endif
#endif

Last edited by Kraizen; 08-16-2009 at 02:11.
Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 02:21   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #30

Yup sure.
What do you mean both sides? You mean the upgrades are only being given to survivors on the first round?
I thought I fixed that hmm, but if you fix it I won't mind you sharing it

Haha yes i haven't implemented that yet it does nothing for now. Just a variable there.