Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS] Paid Request

Post New Thread Reply   

Ajaxx
Old 12-01-2013 , 18:02   [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #1

I'm looking for a plugin or extension that connects to a web service and changes the player's skin. The call to the web service should be done in a separate DLL possibly using Windows Web Service. Web service server and skins already completed. Looking for plugins for CS:GO, CS:S, and CS:1.6. Willing to pay $200 per plugin. PM me for detailed specs.
Ajaxx
Old 12-02-2013 , 13:23   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #2

I've been told my description is confusing.

What I'm looking for is a plugin that has 2 basic features.
1) Connect to a web service.
2) Change a players skin depending on the result of the web service call.

The plugin should call the web service on certain events like Player_Connect, Player_Death, and Player_Disconnect.

I would like the functionality of connecting to the web service to be in a separate DLL from the plugin so I can use it for other games like BF4 or something. There are more details and logic that I will get into if someone is interested.

Price is negotiable.
Ajaxx
Old 12-03-2013 , 20:18   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #3

I have someone else coding the DLL for me using gSOAP. So all I need are the plugins. It’s basically a plugin that changes the players skin. Willing to offer $500 per plugin. Need CS:GO, CS:S, and 1.6. Do one or all three, your choice.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 12-03-2013 , 20:27   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #4

Could you elaborate on this DLL thing? The only DLL files that SM loads are extensions.
Old 12-03-2013 , 20:38   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #5

Sorry I need a SM extension not plugin. The DLL is used to connect to a web service to access a database. The extension calls the DLL, the DLL calls the web service, the web service queries the database.

The SM extension needs to change a players skin based on values in a database.
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2013 , 22:16   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #6

What do you mean by web service? A socket request to a website to gather or send data or something else?
Ajaxx
Old 12-03-2013 , 23:10   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #7

I mean a WCF web service. Yes a socket request.

Quote:
What do you mean by web service? A socket request to a website to gather or send data or something else?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-04-2013 , 00:20   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #8

why not just have a plugin query the database? Seems overkill to use an extension to access a web service to query a database then act on the result of that query.
Old 12-04-2013 , 00:42   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #9

What if I want to distribute the plugin/extension? I’m not going to give out the password to my database, with a web service I don’t have to give out the password. It’s a centralized database that would be used by all.

It’s not overkill, at least I don’t think it’s overkill for what I need. It’s pretty standard to access a database via a web service. The database will not be on the same machine as the game server. It’s in the SQL Azure cloud.

Any takers? The web service and DLL side of it is all taken care of you don’t need to worry about that. A lot of people seem to be curious about it. It’s just a SM extension that calls a C++ DLL.
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2013 , 17:34   Re: [CS] Paid Request
Reply With Quote #10

im a taker if you want it in sourcepawn and yes it is possible.

EDIT: It also depend what you want to do, I'm not quite sure what all this is about, when your talking about a DLL is it a DLL that you own with some function that you want to use in it? Otherwise if it just simple socket request process I don't see why you would want to make an extension about it.

Last edited by Mathias.; 12-04-2013 at 17:36.