Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sound bug?

Post New Thread Reply   

tobi187
Old 01-26-2012 , 11:26   Sound bug?
Reply With Quote #1

Since ive installed SMAC there is a soundbug in our roundendsounds and other sounds emited to player.

It randomly submits a sound very quietly to a player, mid in round, whats realy weird...

It only seems to affect
"EmitSoundToClient"

dont know whats wrong...

EDIT* seems that EmitSoundToClient emits the sound in normal volume to the player that should hear it but quietly to all players like emiting on 0.1 volume...

Tobi

Last edited by tobi187; 01-26-2012 at 14:15.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 16:41   Re: Sound bug?
Reply With Quote #2

This is the anti-wallhack module conflicting with plugins that emit custom sounds. Can you post a snippet of what your plugin is doing and I'll see if it's possible to make compatible?
Old 01-26-2012 , 17:06   Re: Sound bug?
Reply With Quote #3

hi tony.

yes i thought the same so i decided to kick the wallhack module off.

PHP Code:
// If there is only person left than we play a sound and print a message
if(lastManId 0)
{
new 
String:clientname[64];
GetClientName(lastManIdclientnamesizeof(clientname));
if(
GetConVarBool(g_CvarChat))
{
PrintToChatAll("%s ist der letzte seines Teams!"clientname);
}
if(
g_soundPreference[lastManId] && !IsFakeClient(lastManId))
{
EmitSoundToClient(lastManIdg_soundName);
}

Thats a piece of the lastman addon. Its just calling the EmitSoundToClient normally, so maybe the wallhack detection uses some hook or overwrites some properties, used by EmitSoundToClient, too.

Also there were 2 Aimbotter on our servers today, they got votebanned after 60 seconds (i was waiting for voteban to see if it logs something) but there were no logs about his speedhack or aimbot, it was also not preventing speedhack. SMAC is up and running fine, no errors, eye angle is the only thing which detects something, but not on that 2 players today evening. they ran through the whole map speeding and aimbotting like hell.

We have a good visited dust2, assault, surf and onlyofficeDM server, if you need a place to test, write me.

Last edited by tobi187; 01-26-2012 at 17:08.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2012 , 04:39   Re: Sound bug?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi187 View Post
Thats a piece of the lastman addon. Its just calling the EmitSoundToClient normally, so maybe the wallhack detection uses some hook or overwrites some properties, used by EmitSoundToClient, too.
Yes, the anti-wallhack module has a sound hook that is interfering with custom sounds. This might be fixable, but I'll have to run some tests. If the fix makes sounds worse for legitimate players then I'll have to leave it.

Quote:
Also there were 2 Aimbotter on our servers today, they got votebanned after 60 seconds (i was waiting for voteban to see if it logs something) but there were no logs about his speedhack or aimbot, it was also not preventing speedhack. SMAC is up and running fine, no errors, eye angle is the only thing which detects something, but not on that 2 players today evening. they ran through the whole map speeding and aimbotting like hell.
Aimbots with smoothing features won't be detected by SMAC. It still needs improvements in that area.

As for the speedhacker: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=174939

Quote:
We have a good visited dust2, assault, surf and onlyofficeDM server, if you need a place to test, write me.
Will do.
Old 01-27-2012 , 05:51   Re: Sound bug?
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks for the answer.

The anti-wallhack module is very nice, ive tested it 10 hours. But our people were complaining about incorrect hitboxes, you could kill enemies after they already ran behind a wall.
Nevermind, i think its getting too weird on an 28 slot server.

But the rest still works fine, especially if theres no admin on the servers at night, its a very big help.

Keep up the good work and thank you!