Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6) (old)

Post New Thread Reply   

Whosat
Old 08-07-2009 , 22:12   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
tried that too already oh man whad do you think of me...
it was crashing on map change with every possible version, even with the stable builds
I thought you didn't since you were still using other builds. Hmm then I'm out of ideas. Good luck with it though
Old 08-08-2009 , 06:40   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #502

will try to install win7 on server
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
TotenKopf
Old 08-08-2009 , 07:46   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #503

I am runing server on win7 (private - just for friends) - and this plugin never crashed my server after latest version - runing ok with latest stable versions of MM and SM...

But I do noticed some odd things about it...
First of all - until latest version - it has been crashing my server - especially on the end of a map, but there always were at least 3 bots on infected team. If there were two people on infected team - then there were 3-1=2 bots and etc (I mean after second player joins the team - it is repleced with slot currently occupied by infected). All worked nice - bots were spawning very frequently - that was awesome - both me and my friends were stunt about fast gameplay (it was even better than coop on expert when played humans vs infected bots). Now - well... At the begining of the map - there is two bots on infected team if there are no actual players, then - if someone joins - there is only one bot and then - if there are two players on infected team - no bots. I apologize if this is caused by my own server itself or other plugins, but if that is how it supposed to run - can you make it how it was before - I mean - 3 bots at any given time if there is <2 people on infected team and then number of bots is substracted when there is 2-4 players?
Also - worth to mention - like I have mentioned before - at the begining of the map - there is 2 bots at any given time (if there are no players in that team), after 10-15mins only one bot spawining, 10-15mins later - no bots are spawining even if a team is empty. It looks like bots spawning rarely now - i.e. if player should spawn i.e. in 20 secs, then bots are spawining no less than half-minute or more (used to be bot_spawn_time<=player_spawn_time - that was way better). Then - when map has been completed and another one is loaded - usually there are no bots. This problem very common on FINAL maps. Sometimes one-two bots are spawning somewhere in a mid-game (I mean when 50% of map has been completed)...
Again - I am sorry if this is caused by my own server, but I have tested it with MM1.7.1 (latest stable) and SM1.2, then I have upgraded my SM version to 1.2.1 (latest stable), then I tried removing my plugins, but it didn't worked... Maybe it is how supposted to be, or maybe it is some kind memory management problem of win7 itself - I don't know, but again - if it is how it supposed to be - I apologize...

Overal - nice plugin and nice job on eliminating those annoying crashes...
I hope this review of mine would help (somehow) in further development of this plugin...
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 14:21   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotenKopf View Post
I am runing server on win7 (private - just for friends) - and this plugin never crashed my server after latest version - runing ok with latest stable versions of MM and SM...

But I do noticed some odd things about it...
First of all - until latest version - it has been crashing my server - especially on the end of a map, but there always were at least 3 bots on infected team. If there were two people on infected team - then there were 3-1=2 bots and etc (I mean after second player joins the team - it is repleced with slot currently occupied by infected). All worked nice - bots were spawning very frequently - that was awesome - both me and my friends were stunt about fast gameplay (it was even better than coop on expert when played humans vs infected bots). Now - well... At the begining of the map - there is two bots on infected team if there are no actual players, then - if someone joins - there is only one bot and then - if there are two players on infected team - no bots. I apologize if this is caused by my own server itself or other plugins, but if that is how it supposed to run - can you make it how it was before - I mean - 3 bots at any given time if there is <2 people on infected team and then number of bots is substracted when there is 2-4 players?
Also - worth to mention - like I have mentioned before - at the begining of the map - there is 2 bots at any given time (if there are no players in that team), after 10-15mins only one bot spawining, 10-15mins later - no bots are spawining even if a team is empty. It looks like bots spawning rarely now - i.e. if player should spawn i.e. in 20 secs, then bots are spawining no less than half-minute or more (used to be bot_spawn_time<=player_spawn_time - that was way better). Then - when map has been completed and another one is loaded - usually there are no bots. This problem very common on FINAL maps. Sometimes one-two bots are spawning somewhere in a mid-game (I mean when 50% of map has been completed)...
Again - I am sorry if this is caused by my own server, but I have tested it with MM1.7.1 (latest stable) and SM1.2, then I have upgraded my SM version to 1.2.1 (latest stable), then I tried removing my plugins, but it didn't worked... Maybe it is how supposted to be, or maybe it is some kind memory management problem of win7 itself - I don't know, but again - if it is how it supposed to be - I apologize...

Overal - nice plugin and nice job on eliminating those annoying crashes...
I hope this review of mine would help (somehow) in further development of this plugin...
I've done a bunch of bug fixes and optimizations in 1.7.5. I'm taking my time with this one and won't be released until the next few weeks to ensure that most of the bugs don't slip through.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 15:08   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #505

i got a problem, in co-op the infected spawns really fast, and they even spawn outside the safe room without even opened the door. also spawns two hunters. i think there it should a command or a button that activates this on co-op (because i think this is used in co-op so players can join infected)
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 16:02   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
i got a problem, in co-op the infected spawns really fast, and they even spawn outside the safe room without even opened the door. also spawns two hunters. i think there it should a command or a button that activates this on co-op (because i think this is used in co-op so players can join infected)
That was fixed in 1.7.4. The infected should not be spawning if the checkpoint door has not been open yet...unless it was a custom map that did not put a safe area.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 18:52   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #507

i'll download the current version, maybe i got an old one xD
djromero
Old 08-08-2009 , 22:46   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
i'll download the current version, maybe i got an old one xD
If you got it from the main post, yes, you have the old one

I don't maintain this plugin anymore, but mi123645 does.

He will be starting a new thread on this, to be able to put the plugin on the main post.

I'll put a link on my main post to his.

djromero
Old 08-08-2009 , 23:00   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6) (old)
Reply With Quote #509

THIS THREAD HAS ENDED.

IF YOU WISH TO GET THE LATEST VERSION OF THIS PLUGIN JUST FOLLOW THIS LINK:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...938#post893938

The new thread will be maintained by mi123645

lexantis
Old 08-09-2009 , 05:24   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6)
Reply With Quote #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by djromero View Post
If you got it from the main post, yes, you have the old one

I don't maintain this plugin anymore, but mi123645 does.

He will be starting a new thread on this, to be able to put the plugin on the main post.

I'll put a link on my main post to his.
and why dont you update yours ?? i dont get it, really, it is coding whats time-consuming, not editing the main post from time to time, you should help him, or it will be very much of chaotic here..
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis