3% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

Svuppe
Old 12-06-2009 , 08:08   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Interesting idea. When do you think this would happen legitimately? I see this as only being exploited by griefers.
I can't find any good use for kickvoting the same person multiple times within a reasonable amount of time. But I have often seen it abused on my servers. Two friends starting votes over and over again, and the two other players having to vote no all the time to stay in game. I don't like to set long timeouts for voting in general, as I don't want to disallow the other type of votes.
I have implemented my suggestion in a modified version of your plugin, and it works nicely. I have a short timeout for votes in general (2-3 minutes i think), and if a player "survives" a kickvote against him, he gets 15 minutes of immunity. It has saved a few players already, and my servers don't get flooded with kickvotes anymore.
GM-Scorp
Old 12-07-2009 , 15:17   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Confirmed. Working on a fix, I have an idea. Until then I'd recommend not using custom votes.
Do ya already know what might causes it to stick on the screen ?
Old 12-08-2009 , 15:22   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #313

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to use Vote Manager 2 to set the server's admins as kick-proof but not as vote-proof.

I want pub players to be able to set a vote (using the L4D vote system) against the admins but the vote will have no effect against thoses admins.

Is it possible to do it with this plugin?

Thanks for your help!
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 05:09   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I want pub players to be able to set a vote (using the L4D vote system) against the admins but the vote will have no effect against thoses admins.
I see what you mean, and by my expierence - no, you can't.
I wanted this one for myself too, but as i understood, there is no way to "prevent" the successfull vote from kicking you.
madcap
Old 12-13-2009 , 11:24   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to use Vote Manager 2 to set the server's admins as kick-proof but not as vote-proof.

Is it possible to do it with this plugin?

Thanks for your help!
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but will keep it in mind in case I see something like that.

An alternative would be: Once custom votes are back to operational when someone tries to vote-kick an admin it starts a custom vote with no consequences instead of a normal vote. The problem is that everyone would realize it's not a real kick vote. Also, custom votes don't currently work.
pirko7
Old 12-13-2009 , 16:01   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #316

Hi, thank you for this plugin. But i have one problem. In nondedicated i do not see the names voters players, but the name of the room. For example:
In dedicated server: pirko7 vote kick pirko8
In NonDedicated server: "hostname" vote kick pirko8
Please, it would solve?
madcap
Old 12-13-2009 , 18:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirko7 View Post
Hi, thank you for this plugin. But i have one problem. In nondedicated i do not see the names voters players, but the name of the room. For example:
In dedicated server: pirko7 vote kick pirko8
In NonDedicated server: "hostname" vote kick pirko8
Please, it would solve?
You're running sourcemod on a locally hosted server? I wouldn't even know how to replicate that to test it. Sorry, this is meant to be run on dedicated servers. Since you are hosting the server it makes perfect sense that your hostname would be the one starting the vote kick.
pirko7
Old 12-14-2009 , 08:45   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #318

Yes i host in GARENA in friday 00. If i host Left 4 dead 2 for 16 players in dedicated i have low lags, but i host local in console "map "name_map" so i have not lags. But have problem in name voter.
This problem is too in vote diffucutly and other vote.
I have idea for test:
1. Open L4D2
2. Open console and write: map "name_map" coop
3. Enter
4. In game esc and vote and vote diffuculty easy
5. And plugin show l4d "hostname" but no voter. But in dedicated show name voter.

Help me? Or in local dont make this?

I apologize for my English. I do not learn English .
GanjaStar
Old 12-14-2009 , 10:52   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirko7 View Post
Yes i host in GARENA in friday 00.

I apologize for my English. I do not learn English .
you should apologize for pirating rather then your english, your english is fine.
pirko7
Old 12-14-2009 , 14:14   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #320

Thanks, but i am small game programmer. And left 4 dead "2" is crime against players. And in the Czech republic are games very expensive. Forgive.