Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )

Post New Thread Reply   

ceasedU
Old 05-15-2020 , 05:14   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #111

Hey Lux for the identity fix in this mod, when someone goes afk for any reason, their animations get reset (like when being pinned by special like smoker, theyll appear crouched with an invisible gun), even if its to just go afk in general, your other plugin for ragdolls doesnt work on them.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2020 , 05:58   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasedU View Post
Hey Lux for the identity fix in this mod, when someone goes afk for any reason, their animations get reset (like when being pinned by special like smoker, theyll appear crouched with an invisible gun), even if its to just go afk in general
This is game bug, and happen just as frequent with or without identity fix if this is very common for you, likely a conflict somewhere or someother plugin causing it, before you tell me no i cannot even cause it my self.

Quote:
your other plugin for ragdolls doesnt work on them.
them what?
and which plugin there is more than one?

Commission me for L4D
ceasedU
Old 05-15-2020 , 06:03   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
This is game bug, and happen just as frequent with or without identity fix if this is very common for you, likely a conflict somewhere or someother plugin causing it, before you tell me no i cannot even cause it my self.

them what?
and which plugin there is more than one?
sorry my bad, Defib ragdolls si the plugin that stops working when they go idle
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2020 , 06:09   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
sorry my bad, Defib ragdolls si the plugin that stops working when they go idle
You still failing to provide me what is not working.

Can you not defib them?
Can you not see them?
Do they not spawn?

help me help you

Commission me for L4D
ceasedU
Old 05-15-2020 , 06:27   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
You still failing to provide me what is not working.

Can you not defib them?
Can you not see them?
Do they not spawn?

help me help you
the ragdoll part doesnt function if they went idle. so they become the vanilla static model on death instead
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2020 , 06:54   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #116

Problem would be in LMCL4D2CDeathHandler since that forwards death with the deathmodel owner, if this is failing either the event is not firing or it's unable to find the owner of the death model nothing i could really do without using dhooks which i don't wanna do to LMC.

I tested these types of cases with lmc and defibragdolls and had no problems so i'm unable to help you unless there is an error.

May wanna remove plugins one by one until it stops if it still happens i'v no idea.

Commission me for L4D
ceasedU
Old 05-15-2020 , 09:22   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Problem would be in LMCL4D2CDeathHandler since that forwards death with the deathmodel owner, if this is failing either the event is not firing or it's unable to find the owner of the death model nothing i could really do without using dhooks which i don't wanna do to LMC.

I tested these types of cases with lmc and defibragdolls and had no problems so i'm unable to help you unless there is an error.

May wanna remove plugins one by one until it stops if it still happens i'v no idea.
i found the issue. Sorry for the hassle, its a conflict with this mod https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=132409&page=3 (fix_l4dafkfix.smx). i used this mod if i had clones, like 2 ellis and someone goes afk, they can rejoin the same character instead of being stuck on spectator which this character manager mod doesnt seem to have (if it does then it doesnt work for me).

both mods still work together, just that going idle with this afk fix mod enabled with defib ragdolls causes static death. its strange tho, if i disable char manager and keep the clone afk fix, theres no issues
ceasedU
Old 06-19-2020 , 03:46   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #118

hi i wanted to ask this mod changes characters of bots. however i noticed an issue when i set survivor limit to 2 or kick bots. my friend always gets his character changed on next map load even though i have the cvar that manages people at 0. it never occurs for me. just for them. any idea how to fix this?
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2020 , 17:56   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
hi i wanted to ask this mod changes characters of bots. however i noticed an issue when i set survivor limit to 2 or kick bots. my friend always gets his character changed on next map load even though i have the cvar that manages people at 0. it never occurs for me. just for them. any idea how to fix this?
Whoever loads in first does not have a transition bot, players loading in after you takes over a transition bot.

I'm kinda done this the public branch of character manager, since it's functional if left of it's own and pretty much other plugins that cause character manager to fail.

if i share future one will enforce characters.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 06-19-2020 at 17:58.
HotDiggidyD0G
Old 09-25-2020 , 08:46   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #120

Bump for Last Stand update.

Also, one issue, I just realized that when I use this plugin, the revive animations via defib breaks and the character immediately stands without the animation playing.

With the new update, is there any possibility of playing as the L4D1 Set on L4D1 maps while having L4D2 survivors as bots with working identities and icons instead of having duplicates?

Example: https://imgur.com/a/Yq3CYXp