Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Fixing the nail gren bug in TFC

Post New Thread Reply   

pizzahut
Old 09-29-2012 , 14:35   Fixing the nail gren bug in TFC
Reply With Quote #1

In TFC there is a bug with a certain grenade type, nail grenades when let go in the last second while looking upwards at a ceiling, will ascend *into* the ceiling / floor. They start spinning and after a while they explode. This explosion, because it happens inside the ceiling / floor, will damage anyone who is on that floor, even "miles" away. E.g. someone in basement could effectively kill anyone in the spiral leading to it.

I've looked at two plugins that might help fixing the bug, but I couldn't get it to work.

Anti He Bug plugin - I'm not quite sure what the plugin does exactly, however I found the explosion radius and model name for TFC. The nail gren still caused damage on the whole floor though.

class name: tf_weapon_nailgrenade
model: models/ngrenade.mdl
explosion radius: 450.0

Automatic Unstucking plugin: I've modified it so it searches through the nail grenade entities instead of players and uses EngFunc_TraceSphere instead of EngFunc_TraceHull, however I'm getting a critical error message pop-up saying that TraceSphere isn't implemented. Besides, this method probably won't work anyway, as players can walk through the nail grenades - they might get removed then.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (antingbug.sma - 501 views - 4.9 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (fix_nail_gren_bug.sma - 490 views - 885 Bytes)

Last edited by pizzahut; 09-29-2012 at 14:38.