Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Source 2009] Rainbowize!

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-13-2012 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
Ok I may have one bug report with this - back end chat logs such as those saved in /logs/ by chat_logger anything said in rainbow shows up fine. When I monitor the server from HLSW it does NOT show up something someone says in rainbow using this nor does it even show a players name - Neither does HLSTATSX. Both of these that log this type of info do not - I can't confirm gameme chat logging as I don't run that but someone else I hope that does reads this and tests to see if it does. Chat logging to me is very important so anyway to fix this so the chat is logged??
Yeah, that should all be fixed when I rewrite this to use Simple Chat Processor.
Old 05-13-2012 , 17:54   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Ok I may have one bug report with this - back end chat logs such as those saved in /logs/ by chat_logger anything said in rainbow shows up fine. When I monitor the server from HLSW it does NOT show up something someone says in rainbow using this nor does it even show a players name - Neither does HLSTATSX. Both of these that log this type of info do not - I can't confirm gameme chat logging as I don't run that but someone else I hope that does reads this and tests to see if it does. Chat logging to me is very important so anyway to fix this so the chat is logged??
I believe that will be fixed when he updates it to use the simple chat processor. Same thing happens with SourceIRC so I'm sure it will be fixed once he updates it.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-14-2012 , 23:08   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I'm planning on rewriting this thing to use Simple Chat Processor, but it's most likely going to be incompatible with SCC.
That would be amazing. I would definitely use this instead of SCC if it's done.
Dr. McKay
Old 05-30-2012 , 17:57   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #24

Updated to v1.1.0. Changelog:
  • Plugin now uses Simple Chat Processor
  • Added random color option
  • Added separate override options
  • Added OnRainbowizingChat forward

If you're auto-updating and you don't have Simple Chat Processor installed, this plugin will appear to work when you use sm_rainbowize, but no chat will be processed. Install Simple Chat Processor to fix this.

It's semi-compatible with Simple Chat Colors. As in, it might work sometimes, might not.

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 05-30-2012 at 17:59.
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-30-2012 , 19:38   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #25

Yay!

Just a few quick suggestions:
1. Can you change Indigo to say, Pink? Indigo looks too much like Violet.
2. Can you disable the chat message that says *name* has enabled rainbowize? It could be spammed.
3. Perhaps make console say that you have enabled/disabled it instead of toggled.

Thank you again.

Last edited by clutchh; 05-30-2012 at 19:39.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2012 , 19:42   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchh View Post
Yay!

Just a few quick suggestions:
1. Can you change Indigo to say, Pink? Indigo looks too much like Violet.
2. Can you disable the chat message that says *name* has enabled rainbowize? It could be spammed.
3. Perhaps make console say that you have enabled/disabled it instead of toggled.

Thank you again.
That's simple..find that color code in the new string: colors and change that code to whatever you want.

As for the chat message just delete where it says Show Activity - remove both lines on the target and self.

As for toggled I'm not sure what difference would be as its one command on/off but I didn't look at that part.

However in the mean time - as a possible bug, if you post a very long post or to the limit of what TF2 allows to post in chat it displays part of the last color code instead of the word but that code is in the color prior to that. Not sure the cause to that. Also for random the first word is always the team color of that player to start with like red or blue - and if using a green admin tag its using that green to start off with for every starting word so not fully random.

Last edited by Horsedick; 05-30-2012 at 20:11.
Dr. McKay
Old 05-30-2012 , 21:16   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Also for random the first word is always the team color of that player to start with like red or blue - and if using a green admin tag its using that green to start off with for every starting word so not fully random.
I never saw this during my testing. Can you post a screenshot?
Old 05-30-2012 , 22:57   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I never saw this during my testing. Can you post a screenshot?

sure here ya go...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rainbowizeshot.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	104461  
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2012 , 02:33   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #29

McKay, there's an issue where I can type
Code:
"word                      anotherword"
in chat and the ExplodeString messes up. TrimString doesn't catch that.

Repeated calls to BreakString might be the solution.

Any chance of implementing a cvar to replace the ShowActivity2 with ReplyToCommand?
Also, any chance of implementing logging/activity like so? (Instead of 'toggled')
Code:
        ShowActivity2(client, "[SM] ", "%s rainbow chat on self.",  isRainbowized[client] ? "Enabled" : "Disabled");
        ReplyToCommand(client, "[SM] Rainbow chat %s.", isRainbowized[client] ? "enabled" : "disabled");
        LogAction(client, client, "%L %s rainbow chat on themself", client, isRainbowized[client] ? "enabled" : "disabled");
In addition, there's a MAX_MESSAGE_LENGTH define. I don't know why SimpleChat defines it again under MAXLENGTH_MESSAGE.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 05-31-2012 at 02:38.
Dr. McKay
Old 05-31-2012 , 06:39   Re: [TF2] Rainbowize!
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
sure here ya go...
That's strange... You're running Simple Chat Colors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
McKay, there's an issue where I can type
Code:
"word                      anotherword"
in chat and the ExplodeString messes up. TrimString doesn't catch that.

Repeated calls to BreakString might be the solution.

Any chance of implementing a cvar to replace the ShowActivity2 with ReplyToCommand?
Also, any chance of implementing logging/activity like so? (Instead of 'toggled')
Code:
        ShowActivity2(client, "[SM] ", "%s rainbow chat on self.",  isRainbowized[client] ? "Enabled" : "Disabled");
        ReplyToCommand(client, "[SM] Rainbow chat %s.", isRainbowized[client] ? "enabled" : "disabled");
        LogAction(client, client, "%L %s rainbow chat on themself", client, isRainbowized[client] ? "enabled" : "disabled");
In addition, there's a MAX_MESSAGE_LENGTH define. I don't know why SimpleChat defines it again under MAXLENGTH_MESSAGE.
I'll add that in when I can. The way I understand it, there's a limit on the number of characters you can have in a single chat message, which is MAXLENGTH_MESSAGE. The engine halves this value and gives half of the available space to the name and half to the message, MAX_MESSAGE_LENGTH. Check out the comments in scp.inc.