Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81

Post New Thread Reply   

pRED*
Old 10-05-2009 , 01:25   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #21

Crazydog wins!

Attachment removed until source is posted.

DDR Khat: Do you have any examples of these exceptions because I am not aware of any.

It is indeed breaking the GPL to not provide source, not to mention the entire spirit of what this community revolves around. Convenience for the author isn't even close to a valid reason for a closed source plugin.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2009 , 01:43   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #22

There you go... the source code.
pRED*
Old 10-05-2009 , 01:47   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #23

Thanks muukis!
SanMan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-06-2009 , 23:00   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #24

Wonderful job muukis!! I ,haven't tested vs yet.. But I will

http://sansource.net/l4dtest/
Old 10-07-2009 , 02:45   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #25

Are you not going to let me integrate this into my L4D stats? :confused:
Old 10-07-2009 , 09:32   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #26

msleeper: You can use this as much as you want. I thought I made it clear already? I am happy to be assistance. Btw, did you read my PM I sent you a week ago?

I have done some progress to this, fixed some bugs and have also implemented a new features... For one, I thought it would be useful to have a score penalty to Survivor team from every used MedKit. After the first used MedKit, the Survivor score earned from anything will suffer 10% reduction. So the team can use 10 MedKits after which they will no longer gain points from anything. Everything is configurable including disabling this feature. In my opinion this would make the stats far more competitive - what do you think?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2009 , 03:32   RELEASE: Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #27

Here's an update from the previous Alpha Build 53.

I have fixed some bugs but in that process I have probably generated bunch of new ones.

This version is compatible with the previously released database.

Web stats have not changed at all. Download them from the previous release if you need them.

New features include score reduction after the usage of medkit(s). I don't remember if there were more. There are not a lot of new features in this release, since I have used most of the time trying to solve the bugs and other issues while working with this project.

There are some issues with the current plugin, like for instance some player get huge scores from something. I am not sure, but I think it comes when a Tank punches a Survivor of the rooftop in Mercy hospital and the player receives fall damage... or something? Also the counter of dead survivors is not very consistence. I have to look into those issues.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_stats_test.sp - 342 views - 120.7 KB)

Last edited by muukis; 10-09-2009 at 04:24.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2009 , 15:51   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #28

I think I am ready to go Beta. I don't think this requires much for new features. I have some plans, but since there's no response for requests, bugs, etc. is so... not happening, I don't think the initial Versus support requires more features. The current score for both teams look pretty much equal per Map, after a few days. I am going to upload the updated version tomorrow and let the stats run for a few days (and to think for the features to implement still), and then I will put this to Beta. What that means is I will clean up the source and upload this to New Plugins forum.

Looking at the stats generated this far. It seems the default values are somewhat good for the equilibrium. It seems that the "fall damage" bug is fixed. There's no longer any players getting 100k scores. At least for now. I will upload the latest Alpha and then will think for a while if any new features will come up. The build 71 contains some bugs I hope I have fixed in the latest. I think I will upload somekind of difference report file from now on, so you will see what was changed in the code. Doing this I hope I will get assistance from the people that want to help but think the code done by someone else is too much to handle. The diff-file will ease up understanding what was done in the update.

I hope I get help from you guys. Please! If you know how to code and the sources I have uploaded opens to you... show me how to do things better... how to make things work! I have problems understanding the SourceMod capabilities so I see this as a Lesson. It's a fun freetime hobby for me. Of cource I like the game a lot also!

Please don't hesitate to ask WHAT CAN YOU DO to help me!

Last edited by muukis; 10-10-2009 at 15:58.
FrenchTart
Old 10-11-2009 , 11:50   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #29

Hi there,

This update to the plugin looks really interesting (especially as the servers I run tend to focus on Vs rather than coop). I've been trying to get it running on my servers without much luck. I had a few errors in the error log, which I took steps to resolve, but now I'm not getting any errors and also not getting anything written to the database. Any thoughts on a likely cause? :/
SanMan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2009 , 02:33   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTart View Post
Hi there,

This update to the plugin looks really interesting (especially as the servers I run tend to focus on Vs rather than coop). I've been trying to get it running on my servers without much luck. I had a few errors in the error log, which I took steps to resolve, but now I'm not getting any errors and also not getting anything written to the database. Any thoughts on a likely cause? :/

Most likely your databases.cfg on the game server is not set-up right or config.php on your web site is not set-up right or both.