0% 

[CSGO] Linux Dedicated Server Help

Post New Thread Reply   

SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2012 , 16:57   [CSGO] Linux Dedicated Server Help
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, I've installed and updated CSGO.

I am trying to use this: https://github.com/crazy-max/csgo-server-launcher to help run the server (using something similar for my TF2 servers).

I made a csgo.sh file, chmod'ed it to +x and when I try and start the server by typing "csgo start", I am getting this: "csgo: command not found"

Path on the linux box for the CSGO server is (myuser is obviously the user I logged in with): /home/myuser/cs_go/csgo/

Here's how i have it configured (obviously I left out my STEAM LOGIN and STEAM PW):

Code:
DIR_STEAMCMD="./steamcmd"
STEAM_LOGIN="login"
STEAM_PASSWORD="password"
STEAM_RUNSCRIPT="$DIR_STEAMCMD/runscript_$SCREEN_NAME"

DIR_GAME="$DIR_STEAMCMD/cs_go/csgo"
DIR_LOGS="$DIR_GAME/cs_go/csgo/logs"
DAEMON_GAME="srcds_run"

UPDATE_LOG="$DIR_LOGS/update_`date +%Y%m%d`.log"
UPDATE_EMAIL="[email protected]"
UPDATE_RETRY=3

PARAM_START="-game csgo -console -usercon -secure -autoupdate -steam_dir ${DIR_STEAMCMD} -steamcmd_script ${STEAM_RUNSCRIPT} -nohltv -maxplayers_override 28 +sv_pure 0 +hostport 27015 +net_public_adr ${IP} +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust2"
PARAM_UPDATE="+login ${STEAM_LOGIN} ${STEAM_PASSWORD} +force_install_dir ${DIR_GAME} +app_update 740 validate +quit"
What I really want to be able to do is run it like my TF2 servers (i.e. via a screen) so I can log out but the server keeps running. So if there's a better way or a different way, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2012 , 18:30   Re: [CSGO] Linux Dedicated Server Help
Reply With Quote #2

In the meantime, I can get it run with the following: screen -A -m -d -S csgo ./cs_go/srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust2 -nohltv -maxplayers_override 24 +sv_pure 0

I've created a server.cfg file, and put my server name in it, and restarted the server, and it *STILL* just says "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive" as the server name. Tried to put it in Autoexec.cfg and still no-go.....I've done some searches and they all point to me having the server.cfg file (which I do), but the server starts and it's as if it ignores server.cfg..... at a loss right now......help?
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2012 , 16:50   Re: [CSGO] Linux Dedicated Server Help
Reply With Quote #3

Reinstalled and now it recognizes the server.cfg *shrugs*

Still working on getting the script working

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 09-23-2012 at 17:03.