Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.33 4/14/2015

Post New Thread Reply   

Taz30
Old 06-13-2012 , 02:13   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1261

Np thank's
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2012 , 13:41   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Your settings look good Taz. If you're not seeing the messages, I haven't checked our setup to know if we can see the messages anymore.
Unless it broke in Tuesday's update, messages should still be working. I haven't played TF2 since then, but I saw the shame messages over the weekend.

Quote:
I only assumed we could. I have found more and more things are no longer working on this plugin as TF2 and SourceMod get updated. This may be another unfortunate side-effect of the plugin not working like it should.
Er... such as? We use this on my current server, and the only thing I've noticed that bugs me is that it doesn't balance things based on goals (such as pl_badwater being 0 to 4 after two rounds) which the basic TF2 scrambler does pickup, and that's more of a feature request than anything else.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-13-2012 at 13:43.
scso1502
Old 06-13-2012 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1263

This is the biggest problem we have and it forced us to stop using the votescramble feature all together:

Quote:

We are using this plugin on all our servers and love it with the exception of one thing. Is it currently possible or can the feature be added so that if a votescramble occurs, the scramble can be set to only occur at the beginning of the next round before setup instead of immediately after the vote passes? The problem we currently have is that the teams will scramble in the middle of the game after a vote passes and it frustrates the players.

We currently have the below setting for this purpose but it is still scrambling in the middle of the game when a vote is completed. I believe this is the feature we are looking for but it appears to be broken.

// 0 will trigger scramble for round end.
// 1 will scramble teams after vote.
gs_menu_votebehavior "0"

If this was fixed, we'd be pretty much golden. The other issues reported here in several previous posts by others are not effecting us.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 06-13-2012 at 17:35.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2012 , 16:43   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1264

Quote:
This is the biggest problem we have and it forced us to stop using the votescramble feature all together:

If this was fixed, we'd be pretty much golden. The other issues reported here in several prevoius posts by others are not effecting us.
Hmm...

Wow, there are some weird (and not recommended) ways of doing things in this plugin... having global variables for the cvars (good) and their values (bad) and adjusting them using a single change hook (very bad). Using the trinary operator instead of casting (or changing the tag type in Pawn) the return type between cvar values and enums...

(In case BrutalGeorge ever sees this, these two lines are identical)

PHP Code:
GetConVarInt(cvar_MenuVoteEnd) ? (g_iDefMode Scramble_Now) : (g_iDefMode Scramble_Round);

g_iDefMode ScrambleTime:GetConVarInt(cvar_MenuVoteEnd); 
Having said all that, I don't see anything wrong with the vote handling that would cause it to ignore gs_menu_votebehavior. A global boolean variable is set before the vote as to whether the vote starts immediately following the vote, which is then read back if the vote passes.

Incidentally, what is the menu title for the vote scramble screen? It should read "Scramble Teams Next Round?" for gs_menu_votebehavior "0"
Old 06-13-2012 , 17:46   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1265

Thank you for the reply Powerlord.

Perhaps I'm reading something into this that the plugin can't do. What I was hoping to be able to do is allow the players to start their own scramblevote and once the vote was completed and a scramble was successfully chosen, I wanted the plugin to wait until the next round before the scramble associated with that vote occurred.

As of right now, when a player-generated vote to scramble occurs and the vote passes, the scramble occurs immediately and interupts the current game. This is terribly frustrating to the players who feel the round should conclude before the scramble occurs, and I must agree.

Perhaps the convar I am referring to above is only for votes started by admins and not votes started by the players themselves? If that is the case, the plugin may not even be able to do what I'm asking it to. I'd love to see that added if it could be.

Warmest Regards,
Mike V.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2012 , 09:48   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1266

Quote:
Thank you for the reply Powerlord.

Perhaps I'm reading something into this that the plugin can't do. What I was hoping to be able to do is allow the players to start their own scramblevote and once the vote was completed and a scramble was successfully chosen, I wanted the plugin to wait until the next round before the scramble associated with that vote occurred.
That's how it's supposed to work.

Quote:
As of right now, when a player-generated vote to scramble occurs and the vote passes, the scramble occurs immediately and interupts the current game. This is terribly frustrating to the players who feel the round should conclude before the scramble occurs, and I must agree.
But the vote itself does occur? My next question was about the setting of gs_public_votemode.

Hmm, I had an idea... if you have access to sm_cvar, can you run this?
Code:
sm_cvar gs_menu_votebehavior
and make sure it says 0? I was wondering if something else was changing its value or if there were a typo somewhere preventing the value from taking.

It can also be checked from the server console by typing in the cvar name.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-14-2012 at 09:49.
scso1502
Old 06-14-2012 , 11:53   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1267

Yes, players could start a vote and the vote occurs as it should, but instead of waiting till the end of the round to scramble, as soon as the vote passed the damned round would immediately start all over with the newly scrambled teams. Everyone would blow a gasket when this happened, including me. It was frustrating to start over in the middle of a round so I decided to disable voting until I could resolve the issue. I now have it set to scramble automatically every so often using other settings avalilable in the plugin.

Below is the console output for entering the "gs_menu_votebehavior" convar:

Quote:
08:49:51 sm_cvar gs_menu_votebehavior
08:49:51 [SM] Value of cvar "gs_menu_votebehavior": "0"

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 06-14-2012 at 11:55.
duydangle
Old 06-27-2012 , 11:35   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1268

I'm sorry but is this plugin working properly?
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2012 , 02:35   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1269

For me it does work like it is supposed to

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2012 , 11:25   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.11 10/2/11
Reply With Quote #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillium View Post
For me it does work like it is supposed to
We use this on RUGC Midwest as well, and I didn't see any problems prior to yesterday's update. I had to disable SourceMod last night and haven't tried it since installing a SourceMod 1.4.4 snapshot this morning.