Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pure-logger

Post New Thread Reply   

paegus
Old 07-20-2013 , 01:48   Re: Pure-logger
Reply With Quote #11

On line 54 the kick reason string is capped at 256 characters. The examples you gave dont seem to have 256 character long reasons so i'm not sure what's going on. Unless theyre just examples.

Try editing
Code:
decl String:szReason[256]
to say
Code:
decl String:szReason[512]
and recompile it.

If that doesnt work, it'll be a limitation in the file writing function that i'm afraid i have no control over...

Last edited by paegus; 07-20-2013 at 01:50.
f64
Old 07-20-2013 , 11:01   Re: Pure-logger
Reply With Quote #12

@IceCucumber,

The sv_pure system works differently now with SteamPipe and the Valve wiki information describing it is outdated.

A clients customized content is either allowed or its not. There is no kicking if contents don't match, because there is no crc checking done any more.
So, the cvars sv_pure_kick_clients 1 and sv_pure_trace 1 should do nothing, but haven't been archived yet.

Instead of crc checking to see if custom contents match, VPK key signatures are now used to ensure file integrity.
If the signature matches, the contents are allowed; if the signature doesn't match, the client isn't kicked - the contents just aren't used.

My guess is you're checking something unnecesarily in the whitelist, but still getting a return for doing so. What are you trying to do?

If you can't kick, why check? Use the new method.

edit: Please share how you're getting this result. Thanks.

Last edited by f64; 07-20-2013 at 18:42.
paegus
Old 07-22-2013 , 15:29   Re: Pure-logger
Reply With Quote #13

I guess this is only valid in older source mods then. It was initially written for Hidden:Source which runs on the SDK Base 2006 which has not yet been migrated over to the SteamPipe file system.

If you're not running a Source SDK Base 2006 mod then I'd certainly recommend using the new system. Though I'd be curious if there's any granularity to using custom content. For example, One doesn't often give a rat's what weapon view model/texture you use but transparent wall textures are frowned upon in polite society.
IceCucumber
Old 07-25-2013 , 14:21   Re: Pure-logger
Reply With Quote #14

Yes, I'm running a server for an old SDK Base 2006 mod which still uses the sv_pure system.