12% 

[TF2] Converting Phlog to Basic Flamethrower

Post New Thread Reply   

KiRRA
Old 12-17-2013 , 14:33   Re: [TF2] Converting Phlog to Basic Flamethrower
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiesta View Post
Oh in that case only set attribute 4 to 0. The ID for mod disable airblast is 356.
Sweet, thank you very much! You've been a big help, I will try this out when I get home in a bit.

Also, do you know if the available values for attribute "254" have changed? I used to use "4.0" to negate PvP airblasting, which doesn't seem to negate that anymore. Possible that valve changed the values in the past few months?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2013 , 15:43   Re: [TF2] Converting Phlog to Basic Flamethrower
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
Sweet, thank you very much! You've been a big help, I will try this out when I get home in a bit.

Also, do you know if the available values for attribute "254" have changed? I used to use "4.0" to negate PvP airblasting, which doesn't seem to negate that anymore. Possible that valve changed the values in the past few months?
...and that's why using attributes Valve doesn't have on any of its weapons isn't recommended (unless it's one of a pair of attributes that are opposites and Valve uses the other one).

As mentioned before, the phlog uses attribute 356 to disable airblast... setting said attribute to 0 would enable airblast again.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-17-2013 at 15:44.
KiRRA
Old 12-17-2013 , 16:08   Re: [TF2] Converting Phlog to Basic Flamethrower
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
...and that's why using attributes Valve doesn't have on any of its weapons isn't recommended (unless it's one of a pair of attributes that are opposites and Valve uses the other one).

As mentioned before, the phlog uses attribute 356 to disable airblast... setting said attribute to 0 would enable airblast again.
I completely understand that attribute 356 will reactivate the airblasting ability for the Phlog, I appreciate that. I'm just shocked Valve killed the only method of changing what types of projectiles the airblast effects (across ALL flamethrowers, not just the Phlog) without using a plugin. So....know any good plugins that let me change what the airblast reflects? ie: Player vs Player + Projectiles, or Player vs Projectiles ONLY (players can't airblast each other)

Players HAVE to be able to airblast the projectiles but sometimes it's nice to be able to turn off the ability to airblast each other. 254 used to do that for me but since it's gone now....could use another option if it's even available in other ways.