Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?

Post New Thread Reply   

Neevar
Old 10-03-2014 , 00:02   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Cool. I'll be sure to look into it. Thanks.

Oh and BTW, that message about "server_message quit" did that happen when you restarted the server or did you manually enter the quit command? If it happened on it's own,, that is not normal.
It happened automatically. Right after the crash. The timings were staggered. Like one of the above posts, i've mentioned where some log data is missing during the time of crash. like a few minutes before and a few minutes after. (sv_logflush 1)

this server_message quit happens after the crash and the server had successfully restarted itself.
Does the server send a quit when it hibernates?
Cause that server is a coop server and it's set to hibernate when empty. I was guessing that since the server got empty after the crash and it auto-restarted, and no one one in the server, it hibernated and sent a quit signal. Maybe? I've got no idea on this part.
(Refering to this post)

But so far, no crashes after I redownloaded and installed everything from scratch. (I also reinstalled my OS just in case I did some wrong settings)
Quote:
I've heard people saying it's beneficial to do that, but I call BS on that. I've had one server running for 2 months right now with out a single restart and it's still running right now with no issues. I guess restarting is good for those servers that are not stable when you have too many player slots or mods being used at once (and there's a lot of those out there) or possible bad configuration or conflicts between mods.
Understood. I read an article that said the good things and bad. The good was something about "refreshing" the servers. Not sure what it really meant. Another was saying this is to remove everything that was cached (like things that are no longer needed but taking up memory and stuffs)

I'm trying to find the article but like always, I had 100 over tabs open during my "research" time and i don't always save them.

Btw, it's easier to manage symlinks in linux. I always had some issues with mkdir function in windows. Maybe cause I don't really know windows way of symlink-ing. I've been using linux for quite some time so it was easier to manage symlinks there.

Last edited by Neevar; 10-03-2014 at 00:04.
Neevar
Old 10-04-2014 , 02:34   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #32

well unfortunately, I updated some packages and the crashes are back.

the packages updated were something related to gcc libs or something (can't recall)

but oh well, it happens on the modded servers only. maybe a plugin isn't compatible or sort. shall figure that out slowly
Neevar
Old 10-04-2014 , 08:51   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #33

so this happened today.

All 4 servers had their crashes back to back. no logs no nothing that i can see. just these debug.logs
Code:
----------------------------------------------
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:15:58 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 -ip 192.168.1.107 -hostport 27018 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
End of Source crash report
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:17:12 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 -ip 192.168.1.107 -hostport 27018 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:18:19 SGT 2014
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:19:31 SGT 2014

CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:16:13 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27017 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:17:35 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27017 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:18:38 SGT 2014
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:19:46 SGT 2014

CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:15:48 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27015 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:17:11 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27015 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:18:17 SGT 2014
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:19:24 SGT 2014

CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:16:03 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27016 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:17:13 SGT 2014
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27016 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apartment -debug
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:18:28 SGT 2014
CRASH: Sat Oct  4 20:19:34 SGT 2014
all crashed around the same time.

1 of the log had this
Code:
[UPDATER] --- BEGIN ERRORS FROM AUTOMATIC UPDATER ---
[UPDATER] Could not download "http://update.sourcemod.net/update/"
[UPDATER] Error: Could not resolve host: update.sourcemod.net; No data record of requested type
[UPDATER] --- END ERRORS FROM AUTOMATIC UPDATER ---

is there any way i can prevent sourcemod or anything from "auto-updating"?

Last edited by Neevar; 10-04-2014 at 08:52.
Ellie
Old 10-05-2014 , 02:37   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neevar View Post
this server_message quit happens after the crash and the server had successfully restarted itself.
Does the server send a quit when it hibernates?
Cause that server is a coop server and it's set to hibernate when empty. I was guessing that since the server got empty after the crash and it auto-restarted, and no one one in the server, it hibernated and sent a quit signal. Maybe? I've got no idea on this part.
(Refering to this post)

Another was saying this is to remove everything that was cached (like things that are no longer needed but taking up memory and stuffs)

Btw, it's easier to manage symlinks in linux. I always had some issues with mkdir function in windows. Maybe cause I don't really know windows way of symlink-ing. I've been using linux for quite some time so it was easier to manage symlinks there.
Server is only supposed to hibernate when empty, unless you have it configured to do otherwise. It is not supposed to quit on it's own (unless you have a plugin that's doing that). I've run over 20 different servers in the past 2 years and never seen one quit on it's own.

That stuff about removing/refreshing the cache may be tru but I have not seen any benefit on my end since the server I have now is more than 2 months running non-stop with no restarts or shutdowns.

I tried that page you mentioned for the symlink, it looks complicated but it's actually very easy. Thanks

Quote:
is there any way i can prevent sourcemod or anything from "auto-updating"?
Yes there is. Go to ..\sourcemod\configs\core.cfg
Then set DisableAutoUpdate to Yes and save it. Restart the server and no more auto updates.
Neevar
Old 10-05-2014 , 05:13   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Yes there is. Go to ..\sourcemod\configs\core.cfg
Then set DisableAutoUpdate to Yes and save it. Restart the server and no more auto updates.
thanks for this bro

btw, does anyone here have any idea how to debug the core file that's generated? I was told it can show me what exactly caused the crash. :/ does it?
Neevar
Old 10-05-2014 , 08:27   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #36

after about half an hour, i had some clue to why my servers are crashing.

Code:
39/ - infected:  UTIL_SetModel:  not precached: models/infected/common_male_ceda.mdl
39/ - infected:  UTIL_SetModel:  not precached: models/infected/common_male_ceda.mdl
although i have the model precaching plugin.
Ellie
Old 10-05-2014 , 12:05   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
after about half an hour, i had some clue to why my servers are crashing.

Code:
although i have the model precaching plugin.
Looks like your server is attempting to load that model on a map where it's not cached. That's why it crashes. By default, I think the game only loads that model on certain campaigns such as Dead Center. If you have a plugin for caching models it may not be loading that specific one on other maps.
Neevar
Old 10-05-2014 , 12:52   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #38

the map was a no mercy map. I had a friend playing on it. no mercy rooftop.
since it has the buy feature, perhaps someone bought an uncommon mob and this triggered the problem. (but the precache plugin has been there for some time already and i myself have bought those uncommon mob witthout issues.)

I have modified the precache plugin and it's running now. gonna see if it does anything. *fingers crossed*
Neevar
Old 10-05-2014 , 23:41   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #39

well today 1 server crashed. the map BEFORE the time of crash was C5M5

i got a feeling it's another precaching issue but unfortunately the logs are of no use.

started the servers now with -condebug to see if that helps me with anything.

Also, does anyone know what does the boolean in PrecacheModel actually represent? *scratch-head*
Neevar
Old 10-07-2014 , 04:34   Re: Multiple servers from same SRCDS installation => Bad?
Reply With Quote #40

new crash

Code:
Core was generated by `./srcds_linux -game left4dead2 +hostport 27015 -ip 192.168.1.107 +map c8m1_apar'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xf6ca39ea in CFrameSnapshotManager::RemoveEntityReference(int) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#0  0xf6ca39ea in CFrameSnapshotManager::RemoveEntityReference(int) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#1  0xf6ca3b7b in CFrameSnapshotManager::DeleteFrameSnapshot(CFrameSnapshot*) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#2  0xf6ca3c60 in CFrameSnapshot::ReleaseReference() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#3  0xf6bd45ba in CClientFrame::SetSnapshot(CFrameSnapshot*) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#4  0xf6bd45f0 in CClientFrame::~CClientFrame() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#5  0xf6bd4a58 in CClientFrameManager::FreeFrame(CClientFrame*) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#6  0xf6bd4b07 in CClientFrameManager::DeleteClientFrames(int) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#7  0xf6c9b3e5 in CGameClient::UpdateAcknowledgedFramecount(int) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#8  0xf6b75318 in NET_Tick::Process() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#9  0xf6c6b87b in CNetChan::_ProcessMessages(bf_read&) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#10 0xf6c6c174 in CNetChan::ProcessPacket(netpacket_s*, bool) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#11 0xf6c798ee in NET_ProcessSocket(int, IConnectionlessPacketHandler*) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#12 0xf6bca896 in CBaseServer::RunFrame() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#13 0xf6cb1152 in SV_Frame(bool) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#14 0xf6c31dd7 in _Host_RunFrame_Server(bool) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#15 0xf6c334cb in _Host_RunFrame(float) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#16 0xf6c3db50 in CHostState::State_Run(float) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#17 0xf6c3dd5e in CHostState::FrameUpdate(float) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#18 0xf6c3de69 in HostState_Frame(float) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#19 0xf6cc9953 in CEngine::Frame() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#20 0xf6cc6a66 in CDedicatedServerAPI::RunFrame() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#21 0xf6f0ca7c in RunServerIteration(bool) () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#22 0xf6f0cb18 in RunServer(bool) () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#23 0xf6cc6b4d in CModAppSystemGroup::Main() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#24 0xf6d17c30 in CAppSystemGroup::Run() () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#25 0xf6cc6def in CDedicatedServerAPI::ModInit(ModInfo_t&) () from /home/game-server/GS1_VersusVanilla/bin/engine_srv.so
#26 0xf6f0cbf0 in CDedicatedAppSystemGroup::Main() () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#27 0xf6f2ba70 in CAppSystemGroup::Run() () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#28 0xf6f2ba70 in CAppSystemGroup::Run() () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#29 0xf6ed8415 in main () from bin/dedicated_srv.so
#30 0x080486f1 in main ()