Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Any] Command Cooldowns

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2014 , 17:46   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #21

I've managed to change the entire thing to use dynamically sized arrays. This is my second time messing around with dynamic arrays, and the first time was very very simple, so I'd like some feedback, if possible, before pushing this update to my Updater server and put it on the first post.

The switch to dynamic arrays will allow me to more easily include natives and forwards to be used with other plugins. For example, a plugin that creates a command can use Command Cooldowns to easily set a cooldown on its command. Etc.

This version also fixes a bug where longer cooldowns may affect players who join the server shortly after the server starts up, even though they didn't use the command. (For example, if a cooldown was set to 300 seconds, and a player tried to use that command less than 300 seconds after the server started up, he couldn't use the command. This version fixes that.)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (commandCooldowns.sp - 295 views - 10.6 KB)
File Type: smx commandCooldowns.smx (16.1 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by ddhoward; 11-17-2014 at 17:55.
pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2015 , 02:41   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #22

Hi.
This plugin not work for me with these commands: ff sm_ff timeleft sm_timeleft nextmap sm_nextmap, etc.
It's my fault or this plugin are outdated?
Game: CSS
config file ok.
Plugin run, but do nothing.
Randommagic
Old 06-06-2015 , 16:02   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #23

Having full advantage from using this plugin. very useful.
just one thing, when i try to set the 'reply' like this
"reply" "다음 드럼통 소환까지 {TIMELEFT} 남았습니다!"
(which means you should wait (-) secs before spawning another explosive drums)
in the chat, it only shows something like "다음 드럼통 소환까지 {TI"
Is there a some kind of word limit for the reply? if there is, it would be much better if you can set it much longer.

---
Also, it seems like after the server restart, the plugin does not work, even when the admin restart the map. To make it work, I had to reload it manually.
So for now, i put a line " sm_rcon sm plugins reload commandCooldowns" in my server.cfg to make it automatically work from the server restart.

I think this plugin can be much more awesome if you can take care of these little errors

Last edited by Randommagic; 06-09-2015 at 16:19. Reason: additional.
klashfire
Old 04-26-2016 , 14:24   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #24

I know this is old and all, but I have 3 requests for this amazing plugin.

1. create a command parameter to execute from the server as opposed to or in addition to the reply parameter. Let's say I made it "sm_slap 100" the client would get slapped for 100 damage everytime he used the command during the cooldown.

2. create a command amount. This parameter would only activate the cooldown if it was executed by the same or all clients a certain amount of times. If I set it to 5 then the cooldown would only stop him from using the command if he spammed it 5 times in a row within a certain interval of time (a second "reset" parameter like "reset interval" may be needed to calculate if his spam should contribute to the cooldown blocker). the default should be 1.

3. an option to log clients who use the command during the cooldown along with how many times it was used by that client during the cooldown.

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2016 , 18:42   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #25

I like it. Stay tuned.
Old 08-09-2017 , 21:12   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #26

Cool. I were looking for this

Seems not work in CSGO. Can someone update?

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 08-10-2017 at 05:12.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-31-2017 , 03:02   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #27

Seems as though the original link is down, which was working well for me in CS:GO. Attached as a mirror
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (commandCooldowns.sp - 186 views - 8.9 KB)
Old 01-16-2018 , 23:19   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #28

Updated to 18.0116.0. Overhaul of a lot of internal code, as well as the addition of a few new keys for use in your config files.

Last edited by ddhoward; 01-17-2018 at 00:46.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2018 , 00:45   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #29

Thank you for this!
Old 02-06-2018 , 10:30   Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns
Reply With Quote #30

It is possible to add an option to make the cooldown reset after the round ends? for example sm_X will be available once per round, this will be helpful!

This is mainly focus for some commands like !guns (sm_guns) that open up weapon menu, what i'm trying to do is adding a cooldown to it, so users don't spam sm_guns to change their weapon all the time, and i'm trying to make them just use them just 1 time per round, this is the only plugin capable of doing that, but this is just for cooldown in seconds, not for rounds, that's why im asking you if you could add like a reset per round so i'll do like sm_guns "99999" (since i don't know how much a round can last) but if the round ends, they'll be abble to use it again when the round starts.

Hopefully i explained myself well, thanks!