Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Rainbow?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2015 , 18:34   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

—Justice Anthony Kennedy, Obergefell v. Hodges majority opinion
Fascinating times we live in, really.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 06-29-2015 , 19:02   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by necavi View Post
What do you mean by "immune user"?
I mean "Who monitors the monitors".

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 06-29-2015 at 19:09.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-29-2015 , 19:11   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
I mean "Who monitors the monitors".
That's kinda the point of being a private company running a privately-owned and managed website.

Last edited by asherkin; 06-29-2015 at 19:11.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2015 , 19:16   Re: Rainbow?

As indicated a bit earlier in the thread, ANTICHRISTUS seems to believe that AM is publicly owned and operated. He ignored my request for an explanation as to which government owns AM.
Old 06-30-2015 , 03:58   Re: Rainbow?

Wow that is stupid. Obviously Alliedmodders is privately owned by BAILOPAN (?) and not by some public authority.

All the servers we all host are privately owned under the same definition, which allows us to kick or ban anyone for any reason of our choosing. If it was public, they can sue us for kicking them (?).

Anyway the logo is back to the old version. At least the 2 rainbow logos have been saved on this thread, so it shall remain here forever.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 06-30-2015 at 03:59.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 06-30-2015 , 04:52   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
That's kinda the point of being a private company running a privately-owned and managed website.
What I meant is clear: "Is it right to own a website, company, game server, or whatever.. And to grant the right to do anything we want, like a despot?" Is it morally acceptable, is there someone else to put it right, to say: "no, you are wrong, and you MUST correct your mistakes?"

I'm just asking for an answer, what I have said is right or wrong, 1 or 0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
He ignored my request for an explanation as to which government owns AM.
Please.. And you, ignoring almost everything I asked for, replying with irrelevant topics: SOPA, PIPA.., the +50 years advanced nations that are obviously THE right side... Then reply for EVERYTHING while being able to understand the alreday answered topics. To ignore was never a solution, it's just a weak behaviour to skip painful topics.
Old 06-30-2015 , 08:11   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
What I meant is clear: "Is it right to own a website, company, game server, or whatever.. And to grant the right to do anything we want, like a despot?" Is it morally acceptable, is there someone else to put it right, to say: "no, you are wrong, and you MUST correct your mistakes?"
There is still a higher level of oversight: the government and legal system of the hosting country.
Other than that, yes. If you don't like how an entity is run, you can "vote with your feet" and find (or form) an alternative elsewhere.
Old 06-30-2015 , 08:45   Re: Rainbow?

Finally the logo is back!
Anyway for anyone here in this post saw my posts as a disrespect comments im sorry, we all respect bailopan without bailopan there will be no AMXMODX (?).
Can i know who is the owner of this website or the whole AMXMODX and sourcemod? or they are 2 projects then they united?.

Last edited by GinNNy; 06-30-2015 at 08:47.
tousif
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-30-2015 , 09:13   Re: Rainbow?

Bailopan & asherkin , i think.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 06-30-2015 , 09:34   Re: Rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
If you don't like how an entity is run
Please, use another words. In that way people will think you are talking about plugins (at least it was my first thought when i read it lol)