Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (1.3.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Edhmelus
Old 08-17-2009 , 04:05   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post
As Frustian said, some teams enter the safe room with 170-190 hb with cevo now. There are teams that are already strong enough on survivor. This plugin is designed to make it more competitive. Tanks are scarier on tier 1. Rounds are harder with no medkits. Tanks are more fun to play when they're not pre-lit. If it's not for you, then ignore it, but having a flippant attitude about a pretty cool plugin is disrespectful.

I think a lot of competitive l4d players have wanted something like this, and I'm glad to see it realized. One minor nitpick,

Some servers run modified tank health, it'd probably be better to retrieve that from the con-var.
Otherwise, this looks like a cool plugin and I hope it receives adoption by some servers.

Do you think I should praise him before I give out critic?

I do not think it's the "Player fault" if they are good! If you are bluntly too silly to avoid bullets with a tank, then get used to dying all the time. How to avoid? Ever tried running from one object to another to hide behind it or lure survivors to you? Its not hard. Its not even hard when they have the tier2 weapons.

And PILLS only restore 50 Health temporarily. So in addition to make it fair. "Fairplay" is an iron rule by the way and I think that this addon spoils it and makes it too easy for noobs, newbies and people who pretend to know how to play.

There is a reason there are tier2 weapons at specific points, simply because the Valve maps are scaling with difficulty over distance reached. Why? Even been barfbagged 2-3 times after another and found yourself death even with tier2 weapons? I did.

To make it simply and annoyingly cruely clear:

This addon is for newbies or noobies who want to play against teams who are far more skilled than themselves. Tuning their capacity of skill down by spoiling the game's mechanics on an uneven base.

For me, this addon is simply but useless. It is surely an nice idea but look on the terribad side of it all!: The noobs will be scaled down too and lose immedietly.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2009 , 04:03   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
Reply With Quote #12

Stop bitching dude, i mean really, if you dont like it - dont use it or turn off weapons replacement. If you are too PRO for this stuff, why you even bother to post here? To support your ego? I see your posts in almost every plugin and everywhere you saying the same thing "i'm disapprove" or something like that. Wtf, are you approver ? No. So why you say stuff like this.

Btw, stripper pro mod replaces tier 2 weapons too. I dont like idea of removing 2 tier, but im not bitching about this all along. And wtf that silly tank speaking? Didnt you ever got caught in fire because stupid AI walked into it before you take control of tank? What about pills also? In default l4d gameplay (4x4, no mods) its is too obvious balance is shifted to survivors benefits. Why not making it alittle harder?

Last edited by olj; 08-18-2009 at 04:15.
p4tch3r
Old 08-18-2009 , 11:51   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
Reply With Quote #13

Looks very nice, iam going to give it a try tonight,

Thx for sharing.
Old 08-18-2009 , 19:44   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
Reply With Quote #14

Btw, a friend of mine tested it, he needed to replace all meds with pills (cause pills addiction was there also ), and it worked!
Old 08-21-2009 , 21:19   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post

I do not think it's the "Player fault" if they are good! If you are bluntly too silly to avoid bullets with a tank, then get used to dying all the time. How to avoid? Ever tried running from one object to another to hide behind it or lure survivors to you? Its not hard. Its not even hard when they have the tier2 weapons.

And PILLS only restore 50 Health temporarily. So in addition to make it fair. "Fairplay" is an iron rule by the way and I think that this addon spoils it and makes it too easy for noobs, newbies and people who pretend to know how to play.

There is a reason there are tier2 weapons at specific points, simply because the Valve maps are scaling with difficulty over distance reached. Why? Even been barfbagged 2-3 times after another and found yourself death even with tier2 weapons? I did.

To make it simply and annoyingly cruely clear:

This addon is for newbies or noobies who want to play against teams who are far more skilled than themselves. Tuning their capacity of skill down by spoiling the game's mechanics on an uneven base.

For me, this addon is simply but useless. It is surely an nice idea but look on the terribad side of it all!: The noobs will be scaled down too and lose immedietly.
Obviously you don't play competitive l4d. Please don't respond to this thread anymore because I don't think the plugin is directed at those who don't even play the game other than to pub, and probably still lose in your case. You have absolutely no idea how the game plays in a competitive environment.
eXult^BlackBelt
Old 08-22-2009 , 21:08   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
Reply With Quote #16

Oh boy, fun time!

Quote:
Yes. This mod is excellent.

Quote:
you blather on in broken engrish. I was going to go line by line, but it hurt my brain too much.
I don't even have the energy to respond to this. I had a huge rant typed out, but I realized that Xanath said it best.

Back To Your Pub.

tl;dr Great job Frustian.
RoyBatty
Old 08-22-2009 , 22:03   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
Reply With Quote #17

This plugin is great, and seperates the men from the boys. YAY =]
p4tch3r
Old 08-24-2009 , 12:45   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
This plugin is great, and seperates the men from the boys. YAY =]

I agree with Roy, it worx perfectly thx for making this 1.
Old 08-28-2009 , 13:25   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #19

I love this so much, keep up the good work!

No medkits and no tank pre-lights is fantastic.

But i am also one that would prefer tier2 to stay by making them spawn late on every map.

And finally, if there ever is a way to have uniform item spawns for each team that will be the complete dream config.
ChillyWI
Old 08-31-2009 , 19:25   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearwithaplan View Post
But i am also one that would prefer tier2 to stay by making them spawn late on every map.
Just install this and disable the T2 weapon thing. Then install Stripper mod and the Ydiss' ProMaps configs. If you don't want all the non-T2 stuff, just delete all of the 1-3 stage configs and edit the 4-5 configs accordingly (they're pretty obvious when you look at them).

@Frus... had some weird issues on Death Toll 1 with this. We had 2 pills and 2 health packs at the start, and 2 more health packs and pills in the map. This happened for both teams. Players were able to heal as the health kits were normal. However, upon reaching the safe room the scores were based on if the health packs remaining were actually pills. I didn't have the cevo healthpack cvars in there during the game, but just added them back in to try helping reduce the issue.

Other than that it seemed to work really well.