Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Quake Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

Isias
Old 07-29-2007 , 11:33   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Is this a good idea? I know on my server people forget the commands they have not used in a while.
Yes, but it is quiet annoying to set up the quake commands every time i would join the same server to my personal settings again. For myself, i always disable them, but as a lot of people like them, i would still install them. If you need a translation for german, just send me a pm.Also, a feature to add own sounds for x kills would be nice. And i've one more problem, i downloaded the .zip and the female sounds seem to be corrupted. But this might just be a download issue.

Last edited by Isias; 07-29-2007 at 11:36.
Isias
Old 07-29-2007 , 11:36   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #12

/Edit

Last edited by Isias; 07-29-2007 at 11:37. Reason: Sry, doublepost
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2007 , 11:46   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by -<[PAGC]>- Isias View Post
Yes, but it is quiet annoying to set up the quake commands every time i would join the same server to my personal settings again. For myself, i always disable them, but as a lot of people like them, i would still install them. If you need a translation for german, just send me a pm.Also, a feature to add own sounds for x kills would be nice. And i've one more problem, i downloaded the .zip and the female sounds seem to be corrupted. But this might just be a download issue.
The settings are saved, you don't have to change them every time. This is about how often the config info is announced. Right now it announces once, 30 seconds after you connect to the server.

I re-downloaded the sounds. I did not have any problems. Please let me know if you continue to have the issue.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2007 , 16:29   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #14

New release 0.7 is now available.

This version adds the following features:
  • Revised announcement text
  • Added error handling for missing sound list config file
  • Added teamkiller sounds
  • Added a more flexible kill count system
  • Added numerous control CVAR's including the ability to selectively disable sounds
I had to make a lot of changes to accommodate these changes anyone who can help test is appreciated.

IMPORTANT #1: I had to change the naming of the quakesoundlist.cfg file so make sure that you update your copy if you are upgrading.
IMPORTANT #2: Changing the structure or deleting records from this file is not recommended. If you want to turn off certain sounds use the new CVAR's. Disabled sounds will not be downloaded to clients.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-29-2007 , 19:31   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroL View Post
Add plz.:
doublekill
triplekill
and ect.
Now I use ES-version of quake sounds.
http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/...pic.php?t=6558

I do too and it seems to be real popular on our servers. There is a link to the script and it also includes 4 (I think) different quake sounds sets.
Old 07-29-2007 , 20:34   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #16

Though this is nice, you gotta remove that "join" message/ad message to have it at least optional. However, you will be able to hook the message into my ads plugin so at least it follows the rules if the server what's outside ads. I will be releasing the new version of ads later tonight with the API so you could do this.
Isias
Old 07-29-2007 , 20:45   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Please let me know if you continue to have the issue
Seems to be an one time download issue, sounding fine now, sry. As you said you're going to add a start value for the kills section, i wonder if you could make this dynamicly. To add the possiblity that each server admin can add more than the default quakesounds for xx kills.
andre2308
Old 07-29-2007 , 21:26   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #18

Please Add the announce´s like Pepare to Fight, Play! and [Playername]Headshot, [Playername]Multikill usw.

Like the postet ES Plugin.

THX

Sry 4 my Bad englisch
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2007 , 22:58   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
I do too and it seems to be real popular on our servers. There is a link to the script and it also includes 4 (I think) different quake sounds sets.
I used to use this on my server as well. Although, I lost a lot of new users because of the long download times(5 sound sets). At some point, I will look into making the config a little more generic so you can add more entire sound sets. In the short-term I will add double-kill and triple-kill. I will also add the progressive headshot system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2308 View Post
Please Add the announce´s like Pepare to Fight, Play! and [Playername]Headshot, [Playername]Multikill usw.
I will do this after I finish my Team Balance plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BuGs^ View Post
Though this is nice, you gotta remove that "join" message/ad message to have it at least optional.
I will make it optional. I will release a minor update tomorrow with that in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -<[PAGC]>- Isias View Post
Seems to be an one time download issue, sounding fine now, sry. As you said you're going to add a start value for the kills section, i wonder if you could make this dynamicly. To add the possiblity that each server admin can add more than the default quakesounds for xx kills.
I am not sure I understand what you are asking for exactly. Right now, it lets you specify a start value and then plays 10 additional sounds every subsequent two kills. The sounds are completely configurable. In the future, I will make it so you can specify the number of kills for each of those 11 sounds instead of just the first.
imported_Anth0ny
Old 07-30-2007 , 03:37   Re: SM Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #20

wow! great job! =)
thanks for plugin!
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny