Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2013 , 23:07   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsane View Post
Pinion as an official server host is not really what this discussion is about. The hate you mention probably comes from people complaining about official servers having ads or crashes caused by ads. Most of that complaining comes from the Steam forums.

However it seems Pinion hosts servers in areas where there would be no other official servers. So the hate there is somewhat misdirected. It's definately better to have an official server with ads and low ping than a valve server without ads with 300 ping.
I always got 40-70 ping from valve servers...they are across various locations such as Chicago, Austin, New York, California...

I think people do not seem to know what server they join, or they lack the resources to use a server browser.
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-08-2013 , 12:14   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Back on topic please.

Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-08-2013 , 13:46   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Anybody heard any news back from Pinion? About the completion rates.

If they ar working on it for getting it better results.? Got 20% Today again. Whoop Whoop.
Old 01-08-2013 , 14:00   Re: Pinion Completetion Rates

Gamers can see indeed on gametracker wich gameservers have Pinion, or can disable them.

Only i think if they set the ads for a max 10 | 15 Seconds hardly anybody will have problems with them.

We got the ads running for a few months now and the only complaints i have had when i upgraded them from 15sec, till nearly 30 atm.
Old 01-09-2013 , 19:15   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Hi All,

We're going to email all community owners a detailed update this week, but the highlights are:

- Yes it's not yet functioning and the numbers are not accurate. We are working on it.

- If we can't get the update stable in time for February we will be pushing the change back.

We want to be 100% that you guys are getting paid based on true and correct numbers.

Stay tuned for the email within the next 48 hours.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2013 , 21:53   Re: Pinion Completetion Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
Gamers can see indeed on gametracker wich gameservers have Pinion, or can disable them.

Only i think if they set the ads for a max 10 | 15 Seconds hardly anybody will have problems with them.

We got the ads running for a few months now and the only complaints i have had when i upgraded them from 15sec, till nearly 30 atm.
Well... with a 7 second AD load time you will have to be set to 30 to get paid at all next month.

Assuming they fix the calculation... I got my highest completion rate yet yesterday and I know the ads were not even working for at least 7 hours.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2013 , 21:55   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.PinionGG View Post
Hi All,

We're going to email all community owners a detailed update this week, but the highlights are:

- Yes it's not yet functioning and the numbers are not accurate. We are working on it.

- If we can't get the update stable in time for February we will be pushing the change back.

We want to be 100% that you guys are getting paid based on true and correct numbers.

Stay tuned for the email within the next 48 hours.
Thank you for the update.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-09-2013 , 21:56   Re: Pinion Completetion Rates

I think I'm going to lock this thread, it doesn't serve any purpose different from the existing one, and the poll has clearly run it's course. Content is just being separated.

moxie2020, if you'd prefer them merged together, drop me a PM, although it might look a bit confusing.

These threads have now been merged, sorry if the post order is now confusing for anyone trying to catch up - it should make general sense.
EDIT: And damn forum software for bringing the unremovable poll across.

Rejoice, for the Poll is gone.

Last edited by asherkin; 01-09-2013 at 22:11.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2013 , 07:04   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:

Well... with a 7 second AD load time you will have to be set to 30 to get
paid at all next month.

Assuming they fix the calculation... I got my
highest completion rate yet yesterday and I know the ads were not even working
for at least 7 hours.
We will see howe it will work out, i hope for the best for everybody. It would be nice if it is maxed out,

20 seconds with a completion rate of let's say atleast the 60%, if anybody wants to go up they will need to push the secs at 25 till 30.. For the bigbucks. lol

But we will see the email first with all information about these things soon.

Thanks for that Pinion
Old 01-10-2013 , 10:44   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Just here to say that I have forced 30 second ads on my players for 1 week now on my 13 tf2 servers and I am only getting an average completion rate of 27%...

Ahermmm!?
Closed Thread