Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2017 , 06:05   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodu110 View Post
I have put the :
Pre-compiled:
Download using the "Get Plugin" link and save to your addons\sourcemod\plugins directory.

and the

Download the "afk_manager.phrases.txt" and save to your addons\sourcemod\translations directory.

but i dont get a .cfg and the Plugin dont work. what did i wrong?

Dont inside here
What is the output of sm plugins list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRanger View Post
I'm having an issue with this plugin where players can't rejoin a team once they have been moved to spectators. Any ideas?
What mod?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
ShadowRanger
Old 10-17-2017 , 02:07   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
What is the output of sm plugins list?

What mod?
Sorry what do you mean exactly? I'm just running this plugin on my SourceMod combat surf server for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Basically whenever someone gets moved to the spectator team by the plugin and they try to join CT or T team, it won't let them. It only works when they rejoin the server. I did try something though, which was setting mp_limitteams to 0. This helped a bit, but sometimes people still have the same sort of issue where they can't just rejoin a team after being moved. I'm not sure what to do.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2017 , 05:50   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRanger View Post
Sorry what do you mean exactly? I'm just running this plugin on my SourceMod combat surf server for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Basically whenever someone gets moved to the spectator team by the plugin and they try to join CT or T team, it won't let them. It only works when they rejoin the server. I did try something though, which was setting mp_limitteams to 0. This helped a bit, but sometimes people still have the same sort of issue where they can't just rejoin a team after being moved. I'm not sure what to do.
Have you made sure you are using the latest version of the plugin?

If it's not working I'll have to check if something has changed as Asherkin helped fix the teamchange limit previously, maybe it has broken, not sure.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
ShadowRanger
Old 10-17-2017 , 07:25   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Have you made sure you are using the latest version of the plugin?

If it's not working I'll have to check if something has changed as Asherkin helped fix the teamchange limit previously, maybe it has broken, not sure.
I am currently using the latest version, 4.1.5 and am having the issue so it sounds like it might be broken unfortunately.
mlov420
Old 10-31-2017 , 09:20   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1815

Thank you very much for this plugin. It works great on all of my pub servers.

I was recently developing a small plugin using some of the forwards you have included in this plugin. I have a couple of issues with the design of the AFK manager plugin and how/when the forwards are thrown, if OP has time to discuss and maybe adjust some things. Please bear with me here I'll make this as short and to the point as possible.

First, it seems as though players are being "marked as AFK" within just a few seconds of not moving. This could be for any reason whether holding an angle, standing still, hiding, or actually being afk. When this happens, the AFKM_OnClientAFK forward is thrown. Essentially, this can happen or is happening multiple times per client, per round. It would be great if a client was "marked as AFK" and the forward thrown when they were actually sent to Spectator for being AFK, or if there was a specific cvar that set a time to be "marked as AFK" if a server owner didn't want the "afk time" and "send to spec time" to be the same. In my opinion, this would put slightly less (although likely unnoticable) work on the CPU, but more importantly, it would allow developers to use the AFKM_OnClientAFK forward much easier without having to write unnecessary code to compensate for the fact the forward is getting thrown way too often.

The second issue is with the AFKM_OnClientBack forward. I believe this has a direct correlation to what I explained above. The biggest issue with this forward is that it is called EVERY TIME 2 keys are pressed within about 1 second. It can be the same key pressed twice, 2 different keys, 2 mouse clicks, whatever. I recompiled the plugin with a PrintToChat command that shows every time the AFKM_OnClientBack forward is thrown, and it almost literally spams non stop because players never stop pressing keys or clicking mouse buttons no matter alive or dead. Because of this, it's almost impossible to use this forward for anything because whatever you connect to it will spam dozens of times or more per client, per round.

It seems that AFKM_OnClientBack has no relationship to AFKM_OnClientAFK in terms of when it's called. I know OnClientAFK is not getting set as often as OnClientBack is being thrown. If OnClientBack was only thrown if OnClientAFK has been activated, and OnClientAFK only actives when a client is actually sent to Spec for being AFK (or with a time based cvar)...this plugin's forwards would be extremely useful. Right now, these 2 forwards are kinda useless but could easily be made awesome with a couple minor changes in your plugin.

Hopefully you can give me some insight on this, and maybe consider making these changes so developers can use this in a straight forward manner <3

Edit - Third issue I forgot to mention. In regards to mouse movement. It seems that when a person is in-game (dead or alive), moving the mouse or clicking mouse buttons causes them to "come back from afk" (AFKM_OnClientBack is thrown). However, when a person is in Spectator, this does not apply. Only 2 or more key presses will activate the AFKM_OnClientBack forward, thus killing their current AFK timer. This, in general, sometimes causes players to get kicked for being afk too long). It would be great if mouse movement while in spectator caused a player to "come back from afk" just like it does when they are dead or alive.

Last edited by mlov420; 10-31-2017 at 09:24.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-04-2017 , 20:08   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1816

Linux, trying to compile with latest SM

afk_manager4.sp(144) : error 021: symbol already defined: "g_sPrefix"

1 Error.

Edit: Bara updated the colors inc file, works now.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 11-04-2017 at 20:36.
MiniMaleN
Old 11-06-2017 , 07:31   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodu110 View Post
I have put the :
Pre-compiled:
Download using the "Get Plugin" link and save to your addons\sourcemod\plugins directory.

and the

Download the "afk_manager.phrases.txt" and save to your addons\sourcemod\translations directory.

but i dont get a .cfg and the Plugin dont work. what did i wrong?

Dont inside here
I also have this problem. When i run sm_afkm_version i get: "4.1.5" notify singleplayer replicated
And when i run sm plugins list i get:

[SM] Listing 22 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Anti-Flood" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Fun Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Fun Votes" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Nextmap" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Player Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Reserved Slots" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Sound Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "CS:GO Retakes" (0.3.2) by splewis
19 "CS:GO Retakes: Customised Weapon Allocator for splewis retakes plugin" (0.2.0) by BatMen
20 "Rock The Vote" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
21 "MapChooser" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
22 "AFK Manager" (4.1.5) by Rothgar

Many thanks for help!
// Martin
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2017 , 04:11   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Thank you very much for this plugin. It works great on all of my pub servers.

I was recently developing a small plugin using some of the forwards you have included in this plugin. I have a couple of issues with the design of the AFK manager plugin and how/when the forwards are thrown, if OP has time to discuss and maybe adjust some things. Please bear with me here I'll make this as short and to the point as possible.

First, it seems as though players are being "marked as AFK" within just a few seconds of not moving. This could be for any reason whether holding an angle, standing still, hiding, or actually being afk. When this happens, the AFKM_OnClientAFK forward is thrown. Essentially, this can happen or is happening multiple times per client, per round. It would be great if a client was "marked as AFK" and the forward thrown when they were actually sent to Spectator for being AFK, or if there was a specific cvar that set a time to be "marked as AFK" if a server owner didn't want the "afk time" and "send to spec time" to be the same. In my opinion, this would put slightly less (although likely unnoticable) work on the CPU, but more importantly, it would allow developers to use the AFKM_OnClientAFK forward much easier without having to write unnecessary code to compensate for the fact the forward is getting thrown way too often.

The second issue is with the AFKM_OnClientBack forward. I believe this has a direct correlation to what I explained above. The biggest issue with this forward is that it is called EVERY TIME 2 keys are pressed within about 1 second. It can be the same key pressed twice, 2 different keys, 2 mouse clicks, whatever. I recompiled the plugin with a PrintToChat command that shows every time the AFKM_OnClientBack forward is thrown, and it almost literally spams non stop because players never stop pressing keys or clicking mouse buttons no matter alive or dead. Because of this, it's almost impossible to use this forward for anything because whatever you connect to it will spam dozens of times or more per client, per round.

It seems that AFKM_OnClientBack has no relationship to AFKM_OnClientAFK in terms of when it's called. I know OnClientAFK is not getting set as often as OnClientBack is being thrown. If OnClientBack was only thrown if OnClientAFK has been activated, and OnClientAFK only actives when a client is actually sent to Spec for being AFK (or with a time based cvar)...this plugin's forwards would be extremely useful. Right now, these 2 forwards are kinda useless but could easily be made awesome with a couple minor changes in your plugin.

Hopefully you can give me some insight on this, and maybe consider making these changes so developers can use this in a straight forward manner <3

Edit - Third issue I forgot to mention. In regards to mouse movement. It seems that when a person is in-game (dead or alive), moving the mouse or clicking mouse buttons causes them to "come back from afk" (AFKM_OnClientBack is thrown). However, when a person is in Spectator, this does not apply. Only 2 or more key presses will activate the AFKM_OnClientBack forward, thus killing their current AFK timer. This, in general, sometimes causes players to get kicked for being afk too long). It would be great if mouse movement while in spectator caused a player to "come back from afk" just like it does when they are dead or alive.
The forwards are currently working as designed based on actual AFK/Not AFK status changes, even though they may be spammy.

I'm not sure if this helps as a starting point but I do believe I have another partially complete unpublished forward for AFKM_OnAFKEvent which has 2 parameters the first being a string of event thrown "afk_spawn_move", "afk_move", "afk_kick" and the second parameter is the client index. I wasn't sure how beneficial or whether I should add any parameters etc to it which is why it's currently unpublished but you could check if it helps some of your needs and it may help me complete it.

We can look at the overall Forwards and Natives if I think there is benefit in overall changes I can maybe implement some differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaleN View Post
I also have this problem. When i run sm_afkm_version i get: "4.1.5" notify singleplayer replicated
And when i run sm plugins list i get:

[SM] Listing 22 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Anti-Flood" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Fun Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Fun Votes" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Nextmap" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Player Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Reserved Slots" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Sound Commands" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "CS:GO Retakes" (0.3.2) by splewis
19 "CS:GO Retakes: Customised Weapon Allocator for splewis retakes plugin" (0.2.0) by BatMen
20 "Rock The Vote" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
21 "MapChooser" (1.8.0.6036) by AlliedModders LLC
22 "AFK Manager" (4.1.5) by Rothgar

Many thanks for help!
// Martin
have you checked the permission on the folder that it has rights to create the file? The only thing I can think of on the top of my head? Based on the above it seems to be loading properly?
eziosid
Old 11-09-2017 , 07:42   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1819

is this work for l4d2 versus 10vs10 ??
mlov420
Old 11-09-2017 , 23:17   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.1.5 / Updated June 18th 2017)
Reply With Quote #1820

I would be very interested in checking out that development version and/or discussing potential changes. I love this plugin, it's extremely useful just on it's own. I have some ideas I would like to explore that are greatly helped by the forwards of this plugin but the frequency in which they are called is too much for what I want to do because it would create some spammy, unwelcome things.